Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Anosou wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:28 am A quick update after talking to the support and web teams: we just sorted out an issue with license transfers and should be able to get to the transfers ASAP now. Again, really sorry about the wait!
yippeeee!

what a load of BS. just say it like it is - licence transfers are bottom of the list and will get done if there's nothing else on.

you weren't bothered to let your customers know there was "an issue" and some of us have been waiting 3 weeks with no communication whatsoever. that shows a blatant disregard for your customers as does your post.

Anosou wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 am
geronimo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:09 am Sorry, I should have specified; I'm not with LOGIC X but with MOTU Digital Performer 10
And what you're saying is that the Mono version you see in your list there doesn't load?
The mono version just makes me mount the following error message while the stereo version work fine .

Edit: unlike some members, I could have an answer from your Support that confirmed me a bug for this mono version.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.7.2 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

eudopia wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 am
Anosou wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:28 am A quick update after talking to the support and web teams: we just sorted out an issue with license transfers and should be able to get to the transfers ASAP now. Again, really sorry about the wait!
yippeeee!

what a load of BS. just say it like it is - licence transfers are bottom of the list and will get done if there's nothing else on.

you weren't bothered to let your customers know there was "an issue" and some of us have been waiting 3 weeks with no communication whatsoever. that shows a blatant disregard for your customers as does your post.
I'll pass on your feedback. I'm sorry, I am the Reason Product Manager so I really am not that involved in support directly. Since I do hang out on KVR, I just saw the posts here and wanted to let you know that we did fix an issue today that prevented license transfers. I agree that 3 weeks with no communication sucks donkey balls, so I'll take that feedback to heart and get it to the right people.

Again, our apologies!

geronimo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:26 am
Anosou wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 am
geronimo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:09 am Sorry, I should have specified; I'm not with LOGIC X but with MOTU Digital Performer 10
And what you're saying is that the Mono version you see in your list there doesn't load?
The mono version just makes me mount the following error message while the stereo version work fine .

Edit: unlike some members, I could have an answer from your Support that confirmed me a bug for this mono version.
Thanks for that! Then we're aware of it but might not have reproduced and looked at the logs yet. It's still possible it's an issue in Digital Performer so I recommend reporting it to MOTU too if you haven't already, just to be sure. :)

The email that was sent was confusing, it says you have a pending license transfer and to be patient. Then it says we lost your license transfer, which is it? They could've easily just said "your pending license transfer was lost".

Anosou wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:33 am I'm sorry to hear that, I'm not involved in the support work but I'll pass this on! In general, writing several times doesn't help, it just adds more to the backlog. The goal is to get to your original case as soon as possible.
Anosou, many thanks! License transferred instantly!

Anosou wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:33 am In general, I'm careful about confirming something's coming and when since things can always change and I don't want to disappoint anyone. But everything on your list except VST hosting inside the plugin is high up in priority, I'd say MIDI out is closest.
Thanks for the update! :)

VST would be nice though so you don't have to split up in several instances of reason plugins.

Before in Reason: RE -> VST -> RE.
Now: Reason Rack Plugin [RE] -> VST -> Reason Rack Plugin [RE]

If the main worry is to not have reason inside reason (why not :) ) then there are ways to detect that.
A is A

12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

reusenoise wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:05 pm Midi out alpha stage https://mobile.twitter.com/reasonstudio ... 8643061765
Hehe, told you MIDI Out was the closest :party:

Anosou wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:15 pm
reusenoise wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:05 pm Midi out alpha stage https://mobile.twitter.com/reasonstudio ... 8643061765
Will VSTs be getting MIDI out, for us 'in-the-box's'?

Nice to hear about the Midi out - that's the deal maker for me.
Have you tried Vital?

tincture wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:24 pm
That would be a competition for Players, so I'd say no(t soon).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 pm
You will now forever be known as "antic604 DESTROYER OF DREAMS" for us standalone peeps. :D :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 pm
Propellerhead has had a 3 and half year exclusivity time frame for Players. That should be more than enough time to establish the tool and get theirs and devs Players out in their Shop.
Time to let everyone else in the Playground.

Anosou wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:33 am In general, I'm careful about confirming something's coming and when since things can always change and I don't want to disappoint anyone. But everything on your list except VST hosting inside the plugin is high up in priority, I'd say MIDI out is closest.
But why no VST hosting in the Rack Plugin when we can do it the Combinator? It is a common work flow to build up you basic song idea in one DAW and then track vocals and live instruments in another DAW. Lot's of people do this.

There is a HUGE benefit to use the Reason DAW if we can bring over the Combinators (with VSTs inside) and track vocals in another DAW (Cubase or whatever has ARA2 and Melodyne integration), but retain the RE+VST instruments/FXs (not bounced audio) so arrangement and composition changes can be made easily and sounds tweaked from the Combinator/Rack Plugin once the vocals are done. Being able to do it within the Reason world, Combinator in the full Reason and then continue with the Rack Plugin while RETAINING full possibility to adjust the sound from the Rack Plugin AND do compositional changes.

I'd say after midi out from the Rack Plugin, this is the KILLER application, more important than midi pattern out from the Rack Plugin or sampling in Kong etc.

I know everyone also wants midi out from the VST Rack Device, but I can understand that is a bit of work, just having it as is in the Rack Plugin is good enough as it makes Reason DAW and Rack Plugin compatible.

Please put VST hosting in the Rack Plugin on the priority list.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”