[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:28 pm ... The main problem was the fact that there is no equivalent of the Drum Rack plugin in S1. Please correct me if I'm wrong....
It´s called Impact XT (in the Instruments browser it´s just called "Impact"...)

You can just activate multiple outputs for it (for the sidechain triggers) and trigger it from one Midi clip like with a drum rack
Similar to Abletons fold mode the music editor in S1 shows you for the Impact XT as well just the notes corresponding to the populated (or custom renamed) pads of Impact... very similar...

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 am There will probably be a few updates before version 5.0 is released in May of next year, but do think that completely dropping support for Windows 7 which might just be corporate mantra speak for, "it will still work, but we don't officially support it, so if you have issue's we can't help you with Win 7" or whether Studio One will work at all. On Mac that is usually definite, on the Windows platform it's typically more open ended in all but the more certain cases, like with certain video editing applications. In addition to that... I've yet to see any advantage of the Hi-DPI scaling of plugins with Windows 10... I dunno, are Presonus throwing in a puzzle game into Studio One that uses DirectX12 ? Of are they finally bringing some real video and surround sound production tool features to the program.. in v5.0 to compete with Nuendo / Cubase ?

I've had a bit of a play with 4.6 though, and I do like the additional pattern functionality and instrument programming which keys into the tracker like experience I had during the 1990's, lots of fun to be had there. As for Ampire, I've never used it, and even now, I have a hard time imagining that I ever will find myself using it. No updates to Mojito for the dance music fraternity either, nor any GUI updates for the older effect plugins, which are getting long in the tooth now...

I couldn't help noticing that the four square icon that I created in my multi mixer concept I posted a few weeks back seemed to magically jump in to the GUI of the 4.6 browser... lol. ;-D. Ok I use to watch playschool as a very young child...but hay.. funny to see that.
No the market is creative driven now. Imageline, Ableton are taking all the customers for this generation. Nobody is running to to the store to buy Nuendo/Cubase.

I remember a few years ago that in one of many unique threads I once posted over on the Presonus forum, there was one called the 64 Bit Plugin Gallery, I did this so I could see a complete overview of everything I had plugin wise at a glance and as a reference of what I had and removed since. It was one of the things I wanted implemented in Studio One as I aired my frustration in that opening thread you can find here.

In Studio One 4.6, you can now do something similar with the gallery mode in stretching the panel all the way to the left. What I think would be useful for them to add to that, would be able to scale the plugin thumbnails to different sizes so you can see more without needing to drag the browser window out as far, in the same way that Windows 7 / 10 allows you to view different sized folders in a gallery type way. They could easily add this in a point update with a small, medium, large, huge option selector menu and user slider, in the same way the track view can be scaled.

In any case, my request for a gallery view with the browser was answered.. :-D
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:10 pm Presonus made a mistake by not adding the tied note option in the drum pattern ( which can only be inserted in paino mode )
The drum pattern is the only mode where we can do polyrytmic and polymeter stuff , you need to switch to piano mode to insert ties , but then again we lose the poly rytm/meter stuff
Unless I misunderstand, it also works in drum pattern mode with the same Shift+Drag modifier.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:10 pm Presonus made a mistake by not adding the tied note option in the drum pattern ( which can only be inserted in paino mode )
This is simply an incorrect assertion. Hold shift when drawing notes in the drum pattern editor, and you can draw in tied notes.

rmacattack wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 am There will probably be a few updates before version 5.0 is released in May of next year, but do think that completely dropping support for Windows 7 which might just be corporate mantra speak for, "it will still work, but we don't officially support it, so if you have issue's we can't help you with Win 7" or whether Studio One will work at all. On Mac that is usually definite, on the Windows platform it's typically more open ended in all but the more certain cases, like with certain video editing applications. In addition to that... I've yet to see any advantage of the Hi-DPI scaling of plugins with Windows 10... I dunno, are Presonus throwing in a puzzle game into Studio One that uses DirectX12 ? Of are they finally bringing some real video and surround sound production tool features to the program.. in v5.0 to compete with Nuendo / Cubase ?

I've had a bit of a play with 4.6 though, and I do like the additional pattern functionality and instrument programming which keys into the tracker like experience I had during the 1990's, lots of fun to be had there. As for Ampire, I've never used it, and even now, I have a hard time imagining that I ever will find myself using it. No updates to Mojito for the dance music fraternity either, nor any GUI updates for the older effect plugins, which are getting long in the tooth now...

I couldn't help noticing that the four square icon that I created in my multi mixer concept I posted a few weeks back seemed to magically jump in to the GUI of the 4.6 browser... lol. ;-D. Ok I use to watch playschool as a very young child...but hay.. funny to see that.
No the market is creative driven now. Imageline, Ableton are taking all the customers for this generation. Nobody is running to to the store to buy Nuendo/Cubase.
Um, I just purchased Cubase last week...phenomenal piece of software. Paired with Halion 6 and Groove Agent 5, it's extremely powerful....and creative. You might be right about the EDM wannabes running to Ableton and FL Studio though. I love Ableton, it's good for sketching out ideas, but for mixing, Cubase, S1, or Logic all day long.
Bob B.
Founder
dawtopia.com
Music Production Blog for Stage | Studio | Digital Audio Workstation
Helping Musicians Make Great Music, That's What We Do!

people who know absolutely nothing about the market of this industry like to post things like 'the market is driven by X now' and 'nobody is buying X and Y now' etc.

hint: they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

In my Ampire pedalboard I do not see the Fat pedal and others. Do I need to download something to see all stomp boxes available? I updated to 4.6 yesterday.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joeykun wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:23 pm In my Ampire pedalboard I do not see the Fat pedal and others. Do I need to download something to see all stomp boxes available? I updated to 4.6 yesterday.
Go to the Effects Tab - Presonus / and everything should be listed if you are using Pro.

The comparison page has not been updated yet. https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... e-versions

Don't know if Pedalboard is a Pro only feature or not.... Ampire is available in Artist and a basic version is in the free basic version.

Ampire XT Classics.install as a download is available from my account as a Pro Studio One user I notice. It may be that you require that. You should be able to connect to your account through Studio One vie the 'Studio One' / Studio One Installation found vie the main menu, and subsequent checkbox popup screen.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 am In addition to that... I've yet to see any advantage of the Hi-DPI scaling of plugins with Windows 10...
Are you using it on a 4K Hi-DPI monitor with Hi-DPI plugins?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:46 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 am In addition to that... I've yet to see any advantage of the Hi-DPI scaling of plugins with Windows 10...
That's the trick right? It's been such a mess on Windows that I honestly would not even think about buying an HDPI monitor. In fact, I just bought an ultra-wide monitor a few months back and an HDPI display was never even considered because it's such a sh*tshow on Windows. You need an HDPI aware DAW and HDPI aware plugins both, and it doesn't seem we are anywhere near that yet on the Windows-side. The transition to 64-bit went smoother than this!

I'm using a graphics card which is capable of scaling to 4K and showing it, whilst using Windows 10 (1903+ additional updates). I've highlighted it in this thread already... here. But to put simply, the VST instruments don't scale larger vie Hi-DPI ( The option found with the instrument / effects tab ) when selected. If there are any, I'd be interested in knowing. As per Funkybot says, plugins need to be developed to be Hi-DPI aware also or it doesn't work.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:58 pm
I'm using a graphics card which is capable of scaling to 4K and showing it, whilst using Windows 10 (1903+ additional updates). I've highlighted it in this thread already... here. But to put simply, the VST instruments don't scale larger vie Hi-DPI ( The option found with the instrument / effects tab ) when selected. If there are any, I'd be interested in knowing. As per Funkybot says, plugins need to be developed to be Hi-DPI aware also or it doesn't work.
Ah, I see. So you're NOT using an actual 4K HiDPI display?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”