DrumComputer VST from Sugar Bytes - out now, EUR119!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumComputer

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:00 pm What a fantastic plugin!
So happy I sold STIX and bought this. The sequencer is amazing.
It is. Just note that Tremor and Geist 2 can do pretty much the same. Actually Geist 2 can do more and being a sampler it can produce pretty much any drum sound. With Drumcomputer it's more difficult to get e.g a kick with some serious oumph.

Drumcomputer does have a next gen UI though which is easier than Geist2 which is a complex powerhouse.
But having just bought Geist2 it"s not evident to buy this one as well. Also you CAN use the sequencer of (the demo of) Drumcomputer to sequence other drumsynths/samplers.
You already mentioned that in page 3.
Just stick to Geist 2 and have fun.

ians wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 pm
enCiphered wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:00 pm Where exactly can I see how much my personal upgrade price for the whole bundle is on the SB website? I just logged in but can´t find it.
There isn't one atm it would seem. It should be under my products at the top of the page
You might want to try a different browser or crack open the source and see if the text "Sugar Bundle Upgrade Offer" is there: they're using CSS to selectively hide the text and image and your browser may well have hidden the entire block by mistake.

I was having trouble finding the activations for Avenger for a similar reason. Works in Chrome. Patchy in Safari.

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 pm It is. Just note that Tremor and Geist 2 can do pretty much the same. Actually Geist 2 can do more and being a sampler it can produce pretty much any drum sound. With Drumcomputer it's more difficult to get e.g a kick with some serious oumph. With Geist: sample it and you can use any sound (and a lot more than 8. ).
Like a lot of Sugar Bytes stuff, it uses an unconventional approach to synthesis. The fact it's not yet another 808/909 emulation is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it needs to be better at sequencing external sounds. However, looking at how this thing is set up, the idea is to generate rhythms and fills and then export the MIDI and do the rest in the DAW. That's clearly not going to work for everyone.

My upgrade price has gone too...

Just speaking for myself. Agree on it being good it's not yet another 808 emu but maybe sound results ala microtonic or ephemere would have been somewhat nicer. Microtonic and ephemere can easily produce interesting sounds that are not possible here imo.

But it looks also very nice as a sequencer and the autofill thing is something unique. I don't know any other sequencer that does that.

Somewhat unfortunate for Sugarbytes is that you can record the midi from the demo ( can't export) so if you are just interested in the midi, the demo suffices.

Leichenschmaus wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:20 pm My upgrade price has gone too...
Ok, it seems that they really try to fix it. Let´s hope the upgrade option won´t disapear completely..

I'm starting to wonder if my upgrade price was a mistake by SB ... I got seven plugs for 131 euros. Not that I'm complaining :)

My upgrade price for 8 plugins was 203€... strange

Leichenschmaus wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:03 pm My upgrade price for 8 plugins was 203€... strange
That's still not a bad price. But comparably not as good as mine.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:08 pm
Leichenschmaus wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:03 pm My upgrade price for 8 plugins was 203€... strange
That's still not a bad price. But comparably not as good as mine.
I think the price also depends on which plugins you have not only by the sheer number.
Last edited by mladi on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Bundle price here gone too. Wonder if they make something new. Never had such upgrade prices :-(. I have 4 plugs including factory, apparillo, consequence and obscurium and upgrade offer was around 400 euro, absolutely no deal.

tatanka wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:16 pm Bundle price here gone too. Wonder if they make something new. Never had such upgrade prices :-(. I have 4 plugs including factory, apparillo, consequence and obscurium and upgrade offer was around 400 euro, absolutely no deal.
I agree, way too high. What would be better is an option to select what plugins the user wants to be added in the bundle. The way fabfilter does.

The same gone for me. Well, i sooner glad that fact (a less tempts will be :P) (joke 8) )

I took a look at the video, the sounds are quite underwhelming if I'm honest. I can see it being great for a tight percussion loop or something. But for me, it doesn't look like it's capable of building out beasty drums. Layered with samples is probably where this would get use from me, not worth £119.

It does look very nice and fun to work with though! :)

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:20 pm
BRoySound wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:58 am Showing some of my Presets here from the Factory Library :) -

Also the Announcement I've made at the end of the Video is in the Final Stage and will be out in a few days. :party:

https://youtu.be/g_0q3IZOUZg
Really nice. Not my style of music, but a lot of great sounds. Looks like this one is a definite one to pick up along with your expansion.
Thank you so much....glad you like the Presets.......
Speaking of the 500+ Drums Expansion......it's Done......More Info in the following post....
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Return to “Instruments”