Any plans for polyphonic pitch bend in the guitars?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I jut found that Orange tree have had polyphonic pitch bend since mid last year, which is cool for users of mpe devices like the linnstrument. My favorite kontakt guitar is the Impact Archtop though and I'd love to have this functionality for it. Any plans to implement this? Since you guys already have the midi guitar mode, it shouldn't be that different right? Problem with that is that channels are restricted to the range of each string, whereas orange tree polybend responds to any channel for any note. The midi guitar mode just doesn't really work with MPE input for separate note bends, there's a lot of interference and bend weirdness.

thanks!

How exactly does OT implement MPE? Is it all in one NKI/instance? The way Kontakt works in "Omni" mode, I'm not sure I understand how that is possible, unless OT uses 6-8x instances of the NKI.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Yes it uses a single kontakt instrument (not multi), and must be in Omni mode.
This video shows it:
https://youtu.be/3NwPlU78ml0

Yeah MIDI guitar mode cannot work well with MPE really, they do different things despite having a similar concept...

Interesting.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Just wondering if any more thought or research put into this?

There wasn't, sorry.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:09 pm Yeah MIDI guitar mode cannot work well with MPE really, they do different things despite having a similar concept...
I don't see why not, at least on a theoretical level. When you sound a note, just keep track of which channel conveyed the note on message, and when a pitch bend message comes in, check its channel and bend the note on that channel. I guess how feasible this is depends on where the bending happens in the code.

Instruments like the linnstrument can be set to "string mode", which work great with Shreddage's midi guitar mode, except for polyphonic bending.

To the OP, one thing you could do to get around this is open seven instances of Shreddage, each in midi guitar mode, each set to listen only to one midi channel (instead of "omni"). Then polyphonic pitch bend will work the way you expect. The problem is that then if you want to tweak any instrument parameters you have to do it seven times instead of just once.

Sure, on theoretical level, but when I said what you quoted I meant "MIDI mode as implemented in S3".

I didn't even know I wanted that... but now that I do, that's on my wishlist for Shreddage 4.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Implying there will ever be Shreddage 4. :P

Return to “Impact Soundworks”