MCC Generator

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And all that for free..
How can anyone not like and support such a great company?
Thanks Vojtech. Your work has always been pure inspiration!

And all that for free..
So, was I wrong that you can't really use the most critical features of MCCGen without upgrading the whole "free" pack? (I upgraded before it was out of beta, so maybe something changed…?)

(TOTALLY generous and worth it in either case, for sure—this is a pure gift:) And I LOVE being able to resize the free convolver!)

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:12 pm
sirmonkey wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am I see that the free bundle has a new goodie, called MCC Generator!
Well, I do get the gist of how it's supposed to work...
But what do I use it for?
I know that it's something special. And I vaguely understand midi CC's.
But...what are those? (meaning midi CC's) Why do they exist?
If you are using just Melda plugins, then you definitely do not need that :oops: :borg: :lol:
So, I wonder if it's accurate to say this: Within a Melda plugin, you don't need this, because you have extreme control of modulation of just about anything. But now you can control non-Melda plugins (that accept MIDI CC's), beyond the usual sidechain capabilities. And the CC's can be based on just about any parameter/"thing going on" inside the Melda plugin.
Is that a decent summary?

sirmonkey wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:39 am
MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:12 pm
sirmonkey wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am I see that the free bundle has a new goodie, called MCC Generator!
Well, I do get the gist of how it's supposed to work...
But what do I use it for?
I know that it's something special. And I vaguely understand midi CC's.
But...what are those? (meaning midi CC's) Why do they exist?
If you are using just Melda plugins, then you definitely do not need that :oops: :borg: :lol:
So, I wonder if it's accurate to say this: Within a Melda plugin, you don't need this, because you have extreme control of modulation of just about anything. But now you can control non-Melda plugins (that accept MIDI CC's), beyond the usual sidechain capabilities. And the CC's can be based on just about any parameter/"thing going on" inside the Melda plugin.
Is that a decent summary?
Yes!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Cool! Now I want to control something....
just for the sake of controlling something.

Oh no! Now I'm turning into a politician!

I can´t figure out how to use MCC Generator in Cubase. Can someone please help me?
How on earth can I assign a knob or parameter of a software synth (e.g. Hive) to a CC number in MCC Generator?

SmartCat wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:03 pm I can´t figure out how to use MCC Generator in Cubase. Can someone please help me?
How on earth can I assign a knob or parameter of a software synth (e.g. Hive) to a CC number in MCC Generator?
Not a Cubase user, but the directions at this site seem quite comprehensive:
https://dialogaudio.com/modulationproce ... _setup.php

Scroll down to the section In-Host MIDI CC, and skip over the device-specific first steps…? Good luck!

Thanks. According to this documentation, I have to insert MCC Generator in an instrument track but this is not possible.
I have also tried to add MCC Generator as an insert effect in the instrument track where Hive is, then created a midi track and sent its output to the midi input of Hive. Nothing seems to work.

@Melda:
In MCC Generator I can press on "record" on any multiparameter and then it records whatever CC knob I click on.
Why does this not work for the CC panels itself?
What I mean is, a record button next to CC1, CC2, CC3 etc.. where I just have to click it and then move a parameter or knob on my synth and thats it..
By now, I have to look what CC number every single parameter or knob has, then open this huge list and search for it.
Not very convenient or I could of course miss something here.

SmartCat wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:03 pm I can´t figure out how to use MCC Generator in Cubase. Can someone please help me?
Create a new MIDI track. Insert MCCG in an audio track (in my testing I used a new audio track not used for anything else, but you probably can put it anywhere a VST can go).

Put your target plugin in an audio track. The target control in that plugin must be MIDI-learnable.

Configure your MIDI track: input is MCCG, output is target control.

Set the CC output in MCCG to the MIDI channel and CC number of the target control.

If it seems not to work, put the Cubase MIDI Monitor MIDI insert into the MIDI track and verify whether or not MIDI events are coming in.

dmbaer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Create a new MIDI track. Insert MCCG in an audio track (in my testing I used a new audio track not used for anything else, but you probably can put it anywhere a VST can go).

Put your target plugin in an audio track. The target control in that plugin must be MIDI-learnable.

Configure your MIDI track: input is MCCG, output is target control.

Set the CC output in MCCG to the MIDI channel and CC number of the target control.

If it seems not to work, put the Cubase MIDI Monitor MIDI insert into the MIDI track and verify whether or not MIDI events are coming in.
This is not possible, you can only insert effect plugins in audio tracks, not instruments.

SmartCat wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 pm
dmbaer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 pm Put your target plugin in an audio track. The target control in that plugin must be MIDI-learnable.
This is not possible, you can only insert effect plugins in audio tracks, not instruments.
Isn't that exactly what I said? Actually, you can put MCCG anywhere an audio insert can go, that is: audio tracks, instrument tracks, group tracks, etc. Likewise, your target plugin can go any of those same places.

The one important detail I omitted is that the intermediate MIDI track must have Monitoring turned on. Otherwise you will only get the CC data passed through when that track is selected.

i'm having an issue here, both in cubase and in reason where when i save a song, close the app and reload the app and song, all of my settings in mccgenerator are reset back to init.
i fear that i may have messed up some crucial setting while trying to save a preset but i cant find a way back to re setting preferences.

when i save a preset it seems to work but when i try to load that preset back i get the error message "text outside of any element"
loading the default preset works fine though.

Hmmm, there's indeed something fishy going on! It will apparently need a fix!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:04 pm Hmmm, there's indeed something fishy going on! It will apparently need a fix!
ok glad it's not just me! after i bought the upgrade i was having a great old time modulating every parameter i could find in cubase but eventually it came time to use it on a, ahem, *real* song which is when i noticed my bug :ud:

Fixed and a new update should be out today/tomorrow hopefully (beta).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”