[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I'm pretty excited about the updates to the pattern editor, converting instrument part to patterns, and the gallery view in the browser.

All things I wanted and was waiting for. Also the pedalboard looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Nice job Presonus!

Realy nice free update- I suspect the next one we see will be the big '5' :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Page 1 is now updated with the full update release notes regarding Studio One 4.6.

The official release notes have some curious questions that need answered I think. For now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1exWkh ... =emb_title
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

They actually listen to user requsts
-delay values in stepsequencer + tied notes ... :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

4.6 Release notes:

Please note: Studio One 4.6.x will be the final version supporting Windows 7 / 8 and
macOS 10.11 El Capitan / 10.12 Sierra.
New features and improvements:
● Ampire (3rd generation) – State Space Modeling Amp and FX Suite
o independent “Ampire XT Classics” Extension for backwards compatibility
● New Plug-in: Pedalboard
● [Browser] Updated user interface with new Gallery view options
● [Browser] Improved navigation
● [Browser] New dedicated Shop tab
● [Patterns] Support for variable note lengths in melodic and drum Patterns
● [Patterns] Delay parameter per step
● [Patterns] Improved realtime recording
● [Patterns] Independent saving and loading of Pattern Presets
● Convert Instrument Part to Pattern option
● New Podcast Production Song Template
● Custom Podcast Macro page
● Improved tempo-matching for loops
● Improved copy/paste editing of Arranger sections
● Automation bracket tool now also works for multi-selection
● Gallery view for Fat Channel XT EQs and compressors
● Increased mouse target for fades for cases when handles overlap
● [Audio Batch Converter] Extended ID tagging for compressed audio formats
● [Presence XT Editor] Realtime time-stretching support
● New commands:
o Select muted tracks
o Invert track selection
o Toggle “Range Tool in upper event area”
o Remove crossfades
PreSonus Studio One 4 – Version History
The following issues have been fixed:
● Disabling loop while playback may cause audio drop-out
● Scope shows very high latency when inserted in input channel
● [Presence XT Editor] "Remove Zone" jumps to bottom of list
● [Presence XT Editor] Parameter area UI sometimes misses update
● Certain audio parts won't play w/ "Solo" mode time stretching
● Transport RTZ not locating in Scratch Pad from zoom state
● GUI lag when editing lots of audio slices
● Loading FX Chains post fader slots doesn't load macro controls
● Wrong ranges and time signature results when copying certain events to scratch pad
● Copy arranger part to scratch pad per shortcut loses content
● Copy to scratch pad sometimes ignores space between arranger events
● Touch automation doesn't continue correctly on loop jump
● Fader height in console view changes back to default
● Imported MIDI files that were exported from Studio One creates double start and end
markers
● Chords on an audio event re-appear despite being removed
● Qwerty keyboard with French keyboard layout requires shift for black keys
● Certain "Pinned" songs are not remembered after restart
● Video Offset barely legible in Light Scheme
● [Pattern Editor] Context menu command for half resolution missing.
● [Editor] Tooltips pop up on blank GUI
● Renaming song with "..." at the end causes error
● Potential crash when moving a track when other tracks are hidden
● "Automation - Next / Previous Parameter" doesn't work for multiple tracks
● Unwanted scrolling on double-clicking event when Editor is synced to arrangement
● Notes get shifted when applying "Delete Time" on tempo followed track
● Unwanted vertical shrinking of Drum Editor on "zoom to fit"
● EQ section of Open Air has no function
● [Pipeline] Crash on selecting "Assign in ascending order" when inserted on FX channel
● Chord track doesn't move with arranger sections on replace
● Time stretching with a fixed factor doesn't work when “follow chords” is active
● Music editor snap setting always defaults to Quantize

Hi guys, i'm having a weird and i'm sure, an easy to fix problem that always occurs.
When i'm recording a midi track whilst looping, it seems to auto mute some how, the notes and velocities are all there in the midi data but it doesn't play ant audio... Any suggestions?

Wonder what the 3rd generation Ampire guitar amps/cabs are like? I demoed years ago and Ampire truly sucked. Logic's aren't anything to write home about either, but better than Ampire ever was.
And a pedal board as well in 4.6 .. I may just check out again S1 after all these years. Maybe in the New Year; this month is shot to hell

festeringheap wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 pm Wonder what the 3rd generation Ampire guitar amps/cabs are like? I demoed years ago and Ampire truly sucked. Logic's aren't anything to write home about either, but better than Ampire ever was.
And a pedal board as well in 4.6 .. I may just check out again S1 after all these years. Maybe in the New Year; this month is shot to hell
To get an idea how it sounds now, check out this vid especially from 6min30 onwards there are many infos and sound examples of the new Ampire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWcTbOopzM

Trancit wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:06 pm
festeringheap wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 pm Wonder what the 3rd generation Ampire guitar amps/cabs are like? I demoed years ago and Ampire truly sucked. Logic's aren't anything to write home about either, but better than Ampire ever was.
To get an idea how it sounds now, check out this vid especially from 6min30 onwards there are many infos and sound examples of the new Ampire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWcTbOopzM
Thanks for that. I was a little worried at the beginning of 6:30 because it sounded like there was very little diff between the first couple of amps. Then later on, realized that he had the same cabinet for the different heads. The cab IRs make a big difference in the tones, imo.
Well, something to demo in the cold months of Jan/Feb...

There will probably be a few updates before version 5.0 is released in May of next year, but do think that completely dropping support for Windows 7 which might just be corporate mantra speak for, "it will still work, but we don't officially support it, so if you have issue's we can't help you with Win 7" or whether Studio One will work at all. On Mac that is usually definite, on the Windows platform it's typically more open ended in all but the more certain cases, like with certain video editing applications. In addition to that... I've yet to see any advantage of the Hi-DPI scaling of plugins with Windows 10... I dunno, are Presonus throwing in a puzzle game into Studio One that uses DirectX12 ? Of are they finally bringing some real video and surround sound production tool features to the program.. in v5.0 to compete with Nuendo / Cubase ?

I've had a bit of a play with 4.6 though, and I do like the additional pattern functionality and instrument programming which keys into the tracker like experience I had during the 1990's, lots of fun to be had there. As for Ampire, I've never used it, and even now, I have a hard time imagining that I ever will find myself using it. No updates to Mojito for the dance music fraternity either, nor any GUI updates for the older effect plugins, which are getting long in the tooth now...

I couldn't help noticing that the four square icon that I created in my multi mixer concept I posted a few weeks back seemed to magically jump in to the GUI of the 4.6 browser... lol. ;-D. Ok I use to watch playschool as a very young child...but hay.. funny to see that.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Here's a brief overview of the new pattern features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znb9K_XZnzE

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 am

I couldn't help noticing that the four square icon that I created in my multi mixer concept I posted a few weeks back seemed to magically jump in to the GUI of the 4.6 browser...
Yes ,they stole your patented four square icon :dog:
Once again you narcisitc side is rearing it's head .
Presonus doesn't give a rat's ass about your mediocre gui mockups , they got paid pro's to do that and you are not one of them
Eyeball exchanging

Presonus made a mistake by not adding the tied note option in the drum pattern ( which can only be inserted in paino mode )
The drum pattern is the only mode where we can do polyrytmic and polymeter stuff , you need to switch to piano mode to insert ties , but then again we lose the poly rytm/meter stuff
Eyeball exchanging

I recently made up a template for Ableton based on the tutorial by Adam Maggs that he did for Liveschool. It's basically a way to trigger portions of audio loops from midi tracks, and of course you can set up your own controller to do this if you want to work outside the DAW.

This is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCoWqJtt3fg

This is where I discuss the concept in the Ableton thread:
viewtopic.php?p=7601190#p7601190

Read that first for a bit of background.

So....

I decided to make up the same template in Studio One, as it was such a nifty little idea and worked so well. I got it working pretty good and it was easy enough to set up in S1. The main problem was the fact that there is no equivalent of the Drum Rack plugin in S1. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm all ears if someone can show me how to do this in a similar fashion in S1 compared to how I did it in Ableton. It worked out pretty well in the end and is every bit as functional, but Ableton had the edge on simplicity due to Drum Racks. So there's that...

No big deal though as this works just as well and is just as much fun to use.

See this thread as well for more info on how I set it up in S1:
viewtopic.php?p=7603293#p7603293

I wanted to upload it to The Exchange: https://my.presonus.com/exchange/browse

But I'm still to figure out how to do it. I did download some great stuff from there though, but I couldn't seem to find any whole songs or templates. Any advice on how to do this would be good, and I'll get around to uploading if it's possible.

This is the template for you to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wvg1wl047 ... E.zip/file

It contains both the Song for you to put in your songs folder. This contains the audio loops I used as examples.

And there is also a .songtemplate in there as well for you to put in your templates folder, so you can have it handy every time you create a new song. Stick it in your v4 folder.

If anyone can think of a better way to go about doing this, then feel free to point me in the right direction. I just kind of went with the path of least resistance when I knocked this up, but I'm sure there is a better way of doing it.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:28 pm I recently made up a template for Ableton based on the tutorial by Adam Maggs that he did for Liveschool. It's basically a way to trigger portions of audio loops from midi tracks, and of course you can set up your own controller to do this if you want to work outside the DAW.

This is the video:

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCoWqJtt3fg</span>

This is where I discuss the concept in the Ableton thread:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">viewtopic.php?p=7601190#p7601190</span>

Read that first for a bit of background.

So....

I decided to make up the same template in Studio One, as it was such a nifty little idea and worked so well. I got it working pretty good and it was easy enough to set up in S1. The main problem was the fact that there is no equivalent of the Drum Rack plugin in S1. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm all ears if someone can show me how to do this in a similar fashion in S1 compared to how I did it in Ableton. It worked out pretty well in the end and is every bit as functional, but Ableton had the edge on simplicity due to Drum Racks. So there's that...

No big deal though as this works just as well and is just as much fun to use.

See this thread as well for more info on how I set it up in S1:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">viewtopic.php?p=7603293#p7603293</span>

I wanted to upload it to The Exchange: <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://my.presonus.com/exchange/browse</span>

But I'm still to figure out how to do it. I did download some great stuff from there though, but I couldn't seem to find any whole songs or templates. Any advice on how to do this would be good, and I'll get around to uploading if it's possible.

This is the template for you to download:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.mediafire.com/file/wvg1wl047 ... file</span>

It contains both the Song for you to put in your songs folder. This contains the audio loops I used as examples.

And there is also a .songtemplate in there as well for you to put in your templates folder, so you can have it handy every time you create a new song. Stick it in your v4 folder.

If anyone can think of a better way to go about doing this, then feel free to point me in the right direction. I just kind of went with the path of least resistance when I knocked this up, but I'm sure there is a better way of doing it.
While not as elegant as Drum Racks I think multi-instruments should get you close to the same thing in S1. I'll play around with it later on tonight and see if it can be done with multi-instruments.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”