DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dangayle wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:16 pm Ok, I bought it. I wasn't going to, but I did. I was working on a really 80s sounding synth track and really wanted a fully emulated 80s effects chain. Trackcomp E + Satin on all tracks, Trackcomp G + Satin on the buss, Vallhalla Delay and Valhalla Vintageverb on the effects sends. What am I missing? Without going the route of something like an SSL channel strip plugin, is there a quintessential virtual analog 90s EQ?
Mackie...haha

Winstontaneous wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:55 pm
dangayle wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:16 pm Ok, I bought it. I wasn't going to, but I did. I was working on a really 80s sounding synth track and really wanted a fully emulated 80s effects chain. Trackcomp E + Satin on all tracks, Trackcomp G + Satin on the buss, Vallhalla Delay and Valhalla Vintageverb on the effects sends. What am I missing? Without going the route of something like an SSL channel strip plugin, is there a quintessential virtual analog 90s EQ?
Mackie...haha
Oh God, pls no... :D

If there's a quintessential 90s EQ it's an SSL channel EQ. At least when it comes to big budget, peak of the recording/CD sales 90's. So since you're already using TrackComp for SSL compression, you can try this:

https://sonimus.com/products/stoneq4k

If you have EQuillibrium, you'll also have some SSL models in there, but not some of the non-linear extras you find in other models of those desk EQ's. There's also SSL channel strips from others.

Is anybody else having extremely erratic behavior with Reaper 6? Symptoms: Very unresponsive UI (Slider position doesn't correspond with numerical value) and input and output levels aren't being displayed (those small red notches also aren't displayed).
I remember, having something like this in the very first version, but I was sure these bugs have been ironed out by now.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:26 pm Is anybody else having extremely erratic behavior with Reaper 6? Symptoms: Very unresponsive UI (Slider position doesn't correspond with numerical value) and input and output levels aren't being displayed (those small red notches also aren't displayed).
I remember, having something like this in the very first version, but I was sure these bugs have been ironed out by now.
I just finished a track in Reaper 6 (Windows 10 x64, using VST2) using a few instances of TrackComp with no problems.

Can you please tell me what video drivers are you using?

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:26 pm Is anybody else having extremely erratic behavior with Reaper 6? Symptoms: Very unresponsive UI (Slider position doesn't correspond with numerical value) and input and output levels aren't being displayed (those small red notches also aren't displayed).
You can try disabling OpenGL in DMG plugins, it may fix the problems until it has been fully analyzed. Just download and exectute + confirm this file:
https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/DMGAudi ... OpenGL.reg

You can enable it again here:
https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/DMGAudi ... OpenGL.reg

Thank you, dermage. It sure helps, except I can't resize the UI anymore; so huge step forward.

UPDATE:
Installing 441 Nvidia drivers fixed everything. Thank you again, Dermage and thank you to DMG staff for a quick response.

Ah Nvidia, had a lot of fun with their drivers. Much worse than AMD these days.
happy mixing :)

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:09 pm Installing 441 Nvidia drivers fixed everything.
I had something similar the other week, Windows Update decided I needed a new graphics card driver, the install failed and it fell back to the generic video driver. Then it was a case of messing around with those Nvidia all-in-one drivers to find one that would actually install. Seems strange that such a common component can still cause so much grief.

Glad it all worked out OK for you!

Wanted to chime in and thank you for your great free update! Especially for the 2500! :)

hlecram wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:27 am Wanted to chime in and thank you for your great free update! Especially for the 2500! :)
Glad you're enjoying it, Merry Xmas to you and all of our customers!

How do those of you who have TrackComp find LA2 mode; because from my experience with it, either all other emulations I have missed the mark completely or Dave had a very peculiar specimen on his desk.

P.S. Happy holidays to Dave and Krzysztof, they did a great job this year.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:28 pm How do those of you who have TrackComp find LA2 mode; because from my experience with it, either all other emulations I have missed the mark completely or Dave had a very peculiar specimen on his desk.

Merry Christmas! :)

I always found the release 'minimum' line to be very long (around 50ms as shown in the GUI) ... when comparing to the other emulations, set that around 5ms to be more or less in the same ballpark... anyway, the ability to go beyond the mix/max ranges with any model is truly awesome! :clap:

3ee wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:47 pm
Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:28 pm How do those of you who have TrackComp find LA2 mode; because from my experience with it, either all other emulations I have missed the mark completely or Dave had a very peculiar specimen on his desk.

Merry Christmas! :)

I always found the release 'minimum' line to be very long (around 50ms as shown in the GUI) ... when comparing to the other emulations, set that around 5ms to be more or less in the same ballpark... anyway, the ability to go beyond the mix/max ranges with any model is truly awesome! :clap:
I believe LA2A has a program depended release owing to an photoelectric element.

Return to “Effects”