How to add live sound from vst to video in a daw

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to add live sound from a vst to a video in Cubase or Fl studio? If not which daw would this work best in?

I'm not sure if this is the correct section of the forum to post this question in but can someone tell which daw would work best for adding live sound from a VST to a video please?

You would usually go for a DAW used for video post production. Pro Tools Ultimate or Nuendo would be the obvious choices. Cubase has some capabilities that it inherited from Nuendo. But depending on what exactly you want to do you could also simply go for a video editing software. Most of those have audio VST support.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

ls1xxx wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:09 pm Is there a way to add live sound from a vst to a video in Cubase or Fl studio? If not which daw would this work best in?
Let me tell you something, son. No matter what question - the answer is always Reaper. :hihi:

:lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

elassi wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:27 pm
ls1xxx wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:09 pm Is there a way to add live sound from a vst to a video in Cubase or Fl studio? If not which daw would this work best in?
Let me tell you something, son. No matter what question - the answer is always Reaper. :hihi:
Yes Sir!

I used to take Logic X for that task, but Davinci Resolve with its integrated Fairlight is the way to go now. Its free for low income artists... The big advantage is, you can edit the video as well... (And its cross platform of course, and easier to learn than Reaper...)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”