Christian music topics in the Music Café section

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:58 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:52 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:54 pm i even started my own death cult (they where big at the time)
https://youtu.be/ioCI0JYIbHw
least you didn't go "southern death cult".
then id have to kill you :)
Why? Because there’s no “Northern Death Cult”? :hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:54 pm i even started my own death cult (they where big at the time)
I went to see SDC at a tiny venue in Whitley Bay, back in the 80s.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:57 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:51 pm as i said earlier, hes not doing much more than naming them religiously. unless questioned.
not so much promoting.
Yet.......
Mozex wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am I myself have a lot of trouble loving with the love God is and I am a Christian... Jesus said it nice: To love is to give your life for someone else. He did that. Does that mean we should kill ourselves? No. It means that we should serve another as much as possible and do what God wants, not what we want. Jesus did not like going to the cross. He said: If you can take this cup from me then do it. But its not my will that needs to happen but yours. To love with Gods Love is to give up your own life to serve God and other human beings. To love with Gods love is to say for instance: I will talk with this person or help that person. I do not want to do it, I rather play a game or make music or watch tv. But I will do it. Since life is made up out of time, giving up your life simply means: giving up some of your time to serve another. Giving up what you want to do for what God wants you to do for others. Believe me Mushy, not even christians can do that fully. Only Jesus could do that. So do not feel bad, I am probably a worse person then you are. We are all able to love but not many can love with the Love that God is fully. I am sorry for the "preaching" but I wanted to make this clear.
He's admitted to "Preaching". One can be certain of being "questioned" if they post any controversial subject.

If I had said "Christianity is a Myth" in one of those threads would that also be allowed ?

If you allow the Pro then you've got to allow the Con.....if you wish to be fair.

Anyway I don't even visit the Music Cafe. I only saw this thread because it's in "Site Stuff" so no big deal either way to me....as long as the rules are applied fairly. :shrug:
of course, i would agree.
provided it wasnt just being an arse for the sake of it, ie hes not going in to other peoples threads pushing it, or being offensive in his posts, so just being offensive wouldn't be a fair application imo.

is "god is love" as a title controversial?
nothing he said there was offensive, he was just explaining after mushy had asked a question.
there was no defensiveness or aggression, nothing to complain about.

i would say context is more important than content. but this is all just my opinion of course :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:00 pm
i have no issue with the band, just domt want to be called a southerner :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:59 pm
Why? Because there’s no “Northern Death Cult”? :hihi:
it's so grim, we dont need no stinking cult to want to die!

I was just explaining because someone asked a question. This is unbelievable. Someone said: do atheist do not love then. What was I suppose to do? I answered his question, nothing more nothing less. You can make a big drama about it but please do not get things out of context. This is just ridiculous. I name my songs with christian titles and the gossip behind my back is big, but name your track something that has to do with the devil and you are a cool man. Thats just stupid.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

please read the whole thread mosex, several people have said it's not a big issue.

I dont know but I promote my music, there is a link to my music in the said topics. Just because I name it Power of God or anything else to do with God I am promoting religion and not my song. Yeah right.

also, more importantly, no moderators have contacted you? so i wouldn't worry.

Yeah vurt but what did I do wrong? I just name them with something about God. I believe my music inspiration comes from Him, what am I then to do? Not mention Him at all? If you get a gift from someone its nice of you to think about them when you use the gift. All I did was name my songs according to Christianity and some people seem to act like I am preaching the whole time. I just answered a question. I did not even start about it. I promote my music and it happens to have a religious title yes. But to act now like I do not promote my music but religion is stupid.
Why should mods contact me? I share the songs I make. They just have a religious title. If that is already a big mistake of me then this site is out of luck. I will post my songs on the other forums then where they do not have a problem with the titles. The funny thing is how people react to my titles but not to my songs. And then I am the one promoting religion. Some of you are, by getting everything out of context.

It’s not the titles it’s the discussion that followed for one posting.

Honestly I don’t think there’s any problem with what you do, but if you were to discuss your religion then it would belong in another thread in HPC.

i dont think you did anything wrong, as ive said.

other people do have the right to be offended by whatever they choose, why let their issues effect you?

my point about the mods was, if there was anything wrong, they would contact you.
if they haven't, you should assume they are ok with what you have done.

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:06 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:00 pm
i have no issue with the band, just domt want to be called a southerner :hihi:
True story: I was once in a band with a guy who's name was Southern, but he was a geordie fom North Shields.

tbh chk likes a moan.
if its not god its men in black with boobs :hihi:

Kongru wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:01 am Let me preface this by saying I'm not religious but I think that religion and music have an intertwined history. A lot of the motivation behind classical music was to make something beautiful to present to God and to play to the heavens.
Do you mean western classical music? If so, then let's talk about the Carmina Burana (the original or Carl Orff's), the troubadours, everything written by Beethoven (except for his mass, which was his least popular work), Debussy's work, and many, many more. It's true that western classical music started with Gregorian chant, which was inherently religious in nature. But once the troubadours started, music became more and more secular. And then we got the renaissance, in which western mankind started to ask questions about it's origins and the purpose of life, and God and religion were put aside by many. And it shows. Lots of new genres that sprouted in early baroque music (starting around 1600) are based on popular dances, or meant to show off the skills of solo musicians, or are just nice to have some background music for social parties etc. By 1750, most western classical music was secular, just written for the joy of music itself. That's when the symphony and the concerto came about, both genres that have nothing to do with religion...

TLDR: Renaissance.

Return to “Site Stuff”