Mystery Star

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This weeks trip into the cosmos is the fourth track from the collaborative album Kosmicheskoye Tango

https://youtu.be/CdC4BYbI-Wg
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Another great track. You guys rock (at the risk of sounding like I'm blowing smoke up your ass)

Reminds me of somebody specific but I can't put my finger on it and it's driving me crazy. I know it's from the late 70s or early 80s. When I dig into my old record collection one day, eventually I'll find it.

I really like the feel of this one. However, like the first tune, I thought that the lead lines were wandering aimlessly (at some points) and were a bit too distracting (For me). But the overall ambience and sound palette works well :tu:

@wagtunes - Thank you I am truly humbled by the feedback we are getting on these tracks. I grew up listening to music from this genre and it has become a part of my DNA so to speak. You should check out Neuland (Paul Haslinger and Peter Baumann) some really good floaty ambient pieces in their debut album. https://www.neuland.net/

@el-bo - Thank you for the feedback and I truly appreciate your time for listening/feedback. I take your point on wondering lead lines, however, for me they are a part of this track style and go wherever the heart and mind take it. Us pesky human beings do like uniformity and repition mind you :)
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

biodiode wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:08 pm@el-bo - Thank you for the feedback and I truly appreciate your time for listening/feedback. I take your point on wondering lead lines, however, for me they are a part of this track style and go wherever the heart and mind take it. Us pesky human beings do like uniformity and repition mind you :)
No need for repetition, or uniformity. But just something that hits the spots.

Again, nothing wrong with how you've chosen to do it. Just saying that when it doesn't work, it can be a bit distracting. For me, personally, it stops a really good track from being a really great track. Again, that's just one nitpicker's opinion :hug:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:16 pm Reminds me of somebody specific but I can't put my finger on it and it's driving me crazy. I know it's from the late 70s or early 80s. When I dig into my old record collection one day, eventually I'll find it.
While I really wasn't around for that era, it sounds like Klaus Schulze sat in with Hawkwind for a session, and I mean that as a compliment to the creators.

Thank you I will certainly take that comparison :party: :tu:

Wholiveira wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:54 am While I really wasn't around for that era, it sounds like Klaus Schulze sat in with Hawkwind for a session, and I mean that as a compliment to the creators.
Winning!!! :party:

:-)

I think its really good.
It has two chunks where the energy levels are very similar though, from 1:12 to 3:00 and from that point until nearing the end. A little more variation in energy might be nice.
Loved at 3:06 what sounded like birds.
You deserve some higher quality video footage to match the higher quality of music.
Well done to both!

Yup, theses are birdies. Real ones too I think but they were in Adrian's sound (from Omnisphere??). They actually really work great at that point after this huge slab of synth that is deliberately winding you up & up & up... Then this open space with birdies.

I'd never stoop to using real birds tho, far too pedestrian. I'd synthesize em all LOL

Get my back to Jarres top era 70-80s. This is never wrong in my head. Great track.

Regards
id Sub

idSubmerged wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:55 pm Get my back to Jarres top era 70-80s. This is never wrong in my head. Great track.

Regards
id Sub

I found we got some cool comments in a Russian forum by someone called Way2go:

"Unexpectedly cool Australian electronics - “Berlin” - melodic, folding and talented."

I love that he doesn't expect anyone out of Oz could make cool electronic music - and it is a true assumption, generally speaking as this kind of EM is seen as a very European sort of thing us heat-dwellers could never understand.

Benedict wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:11 am I found we got some cool comments in a Russian forum by someone called Way2go:

"Unexpectedly cool Australian electronics - “Berlin” - melodic, folding and talented."
From the same forum :"that Benedict Roff-Marsh appears to be extremely prolific, like 68 аlbums staring from 1993". So you are known at our local scene :)

Very nice track, the arrangement is not overcomlicated by the synth work is very detailed and intricate. Mellow, deep and emoltional. Lives up to the name, "Cosmic Tango" indeed :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:45 pm
Benedict wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:11 am I found we got some cool comments in a Russian forum by someone called Way2go:

From the same forum :"that Benedict Roff-Marsh appears to be extremely prolific, like 68 аlbums staring from 1993". So you are known at our local scene :)

Very nice track, the arrangement is not overcomlicated by the synth work is very detailed and intricate. Mellow, deep and emoltional. Lives up to the name, "Cosmic Tango" indeed :tu:
Thanks and let em know it is more like 80+ projects published from 1989! :help:
(there's another one already)
I'd be happy to chat there but I don't speak Cyrillic(?) Maybe an interview if people are interested???

Return to “Music Cafe”