Does Kompete 12 upgrade allow me to sell some of it's items?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Komplete 11 standard edition and just bought the Komplete 12 standard upgrade. It comes with some expansions that I already have that came with Maschine mk3 and I'm wondering if I'm able to sell those expansions that come with the Komplete 12 upgrade?

Also, am I able to sell individual parts of a Komplete package or do I have to sell the whole things?

You can.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Def can sell the Maschine expansions but you cannot sell bits of komplete

You can find out from your account which of the licenses you own are transferrable.

Any individual product that you already own that comes with Komplete 12 is transferable. Those individual licenses will drop out of your account once sold, and only the Komplete 12 license will remain.

However the packages of Maschine and Komplete Select are locked together. That means that overlapping products in Komplete 12 and Komplete Select are not transferable.

Appreciate the responses. Thanks.

So to verify, if I have duplicate expansions that come with komplete 12, I can sell them?

3ptguitarist wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:43 am... So to verify, if I have duplicate expansions that come with komplete 12, I can sell them?
not if the other ones came with Maschine MK3, (unless maybe they were some special offer from a dealer or something?). they'll all be tied to the base product and transfer with that.

anyone know how long it takes for something to be available to transfer after purchasing? i know there's some amount of time that you need to wait before it shows up as transferable, but i don't think it's as long as U-he (for example, which is 9 months).

i pretty much only bought the K12 upgrade because i've been planning to sell Komplete and figured i'd have a tough time selling K11 right now after the sale. thinking that i should be able to charge at least $100 more for it being K12 instead of K11 and it'll be more worthwhile for a buyer (??), i guess we'll see. right now it's listed as "not transferable" (just bought it a couple days ago).

Ok...let me get clear here. Terminology seems to be at the root of some of the confusion of your question (OP).

There are NO expansions that come Komplete 11, Komplete 12, or even Maschine Mk3 (except the factory expansion). Zero, zilch, nada.

There are libraries and software instruments that come with all three. Anything that comes in a bundle stays in a bundle. You cannot sell pieces from it, no matter how much overlap occurs.

So are you asking about expansions or libraries? Please give an example of what it is you are trying to do...because I believe you cannot do it.

To the recent question posted in this thread...I have not seen anything in my account show up as non-transferable. The moment I have the serial in my account, I can transfer it to anyone I want.

3ptguitarist wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:43 am Appreciate the responses. Thanks.

So to verify, if I have duplicate expansions that come with komplete 12, I can sell them?
As I already posted, you can get 100% confirmation by checking your account. Seeing as you'd have to do that to actually set the process in motion, why not save everybody's time (Yours included), and just go and check :tu:

jbuonacc wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:35 am anyone know how long it takes for something to be available to transfer after purchasing? i know there's some amount of time that you need to wait before it shows up as transferable, but i don't think it's as long as U-he (for example, which is 9 months).

i pretty much only bought the K12 upgrade because i've been planning to sell Komplete and figured i'd have a tough time selling K11 right now after the sale. thinking that i should be able to charge at least $100 more for it being K12 instead of K11 and it'll be more worthwhile for a buyer (??), i guess we'll see. right now it's listed as "not transferable" (just bought it a couple days ago).
You would have had it way easier to sell K11. What to expect, you need to get into the mindset of a potential buyer. I‘d say you could expect maximum $90 more for K12. But now you have to wait until your license is freed... Those who buy second hand want to get the lowest price, they know about sales and they can wait... For me the difference between 11 and 12 did not justify the sales price! I can easily wait for K14 upgrade sales and still make music...

I once tried to purchase Massive. Recently they had to fire about 200 folks. Good for them. Well done.

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:25 am... You would have had it way easier to sell K11. What to expect, you need to get into the mindset of a potential buyer. ...
right... as a potential buyer i'd certainly be more interested in K12, instead of K11 for ~$100 less without Massive X, Kontakt 6, etc and having to wait another six months for a $99 upgrade deal. not exactly sure what K11 is selling for, i'm including a full Maschine 1/2 license with it as well.

either way, i wish i had sold it a couple months ago and not had to deal with it.

any idea how long it takes to free up the license for transfer?

Return to “Instruments”