GForce Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:34 pm At these prices it’s worth it just for the presets!
At these prices yes, no argue here.

Yeah, if I didn't already own these bad boys, I'd pick them up for sure...
A well-behaved signature.

Tempting!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hello, serious question; is Minimonsta worth picking up? I grabbed Oddity 2 and immediately started spitting out presets and generally am just loving it. Tried to insert Oddity into a track i'm working on and ended up playing with it for nearly an hour instead. Just lovely imo. So owning Imposcar 2 already, and on the strength of those 2 I'm tempted by Minimonsta.

Bear in mind, i'm going to seriously consider those in favor of Minimonsta and anyone who gives a negative on it I'm going to hold it against them as someone who hates fun and is trying to stop me from my destiny. Also in future any post I read from such folk I'll think to myself, "pfffff, oh THIS guy, Mr. 'Minimonsta isn't worth grabbing' over here. Scroll.

So to clarify, I'm asking for some honest feedback on whether Minimonsta is worth it at the current sale price or not.

Thanks! :)

I was wondering the same thing earlier as I was watching a video on a Minimoog emulation comparison, where Minimonsta did not fare so well.

Is there a discount for upgrading these guys?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I also asked the same question two pages ago (here)
And... what do you think about miniMonsta ? Having already some other very good software Vintage Analog synths for huge monophonic leads in the same flavour than the Minimoog (impOscar2, PolyKB III, Syn'X, LittleOne, Korg Odyssey, Korg Polysix, Korg MS-20, Viper, VK-1 Viking, as examples among a few others), I wonder if miniMonsta would not overlap a tad too much with them.
... but got no answer at all.

The only really objective clue I've got is this video from Starsky Scarr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1h07ws--CM&t=213s

It's the only objective clue that I know. But other (objective) clues would be interesting too. I don't require a perfectly accurate emulation of the Minimoog, because I'm not to try to perfectly imitate the sounds of famous songs (I prefer to make my own) but at least I would like to know if the best monophonic lead/bass analog synths I have (listed in the quote at the beginning of this post) are enough to have all the Minimoog flavour without too much overlaps from a new one.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

nusound mind wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:27 pm Hello, serious question; is Minimonsta worth picking up? I grabbed Oddity 2 and immediately started spitting out presets and generally am just loving it. Tried to insert Oddity into a track i'm working on and ended up playing with it for nearly an hour instead. Just lovely imo. So owning Imposcar 2 already, and on the strength of those 2 I'm tempted by Minimonsta.

Bear in mind, i'm going to seriously consider those in favor of Minimonsta and anyone who gives a negative on it I'm going to hold it against them as someone who hates fun and is trying to stop me from my destiny. Also in future any post I read from such folk I'll think to myself, "pfffff, oh THIS guy, Mr. 'Minimonsta isn't worth grabbing' over here. Scroll.

So to clarify, I'm asking for some honest feedback on whether Minimonsta is worth it at the current sale price or not.

Minimonsta is a great synth. It gets nice and dirty, and the per-parameter modulation is a huge plus. When you combine this with the melohman morphing, this is a damn spectacular synth. I would rather have it than a hardware minimoog (except that I could sell the moog and buy lots of fun software). There is really no downside to having it in your arsenal at that price.
Last edited by Ah_Dziz on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

That's the video I meant :hihi:

I already have Legend and Monark so passed on Minimonsta, but couldn't resist Oddity 2 & ImpOscar2 at this price.

e-crooner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:26 pm That's the video I meant :hihi:
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:21 pm Is there a discount for upgrading these guys?
It seems that no.

nusound mind wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:27 pm So to clarify, I'm asking for some honest feedback on whether Minimonsta is worth it at the current sale price or not.

If you want a good Minimoog emulation, stay away from this one. Diva, Monark etc run circles around Minimonsta when it comes to Minimoog-like sounds.

That said however, the morphing feature of Minimonsta is cleverly done, a very nifty feature and provides hours of entertainment plus a very easy way to introduce subtle (and not so subtle) changes to basslines and sequences without tedious automation work in the DAW.

If you fancy that preset morphing feature, I´d say it´s a great purchase at that price.

13 years old and still good to have? Not much plugins you could say the same about or?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:25 pm
nusound mind wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:27 pm Hello, serious question; is Minimonsta worth picking up? I grabbed Oddity 2 and immediately started spitting out presets and generally am just loving it. Tried to insert Oddity into a track i'm working on and ended up playing with it for nearly an hour instead. Just lovely imo. So owning Imposcar 2 already, and on the strength of those 2 I'm tempted by Minimonsta.

Minimonsta is a great synth. It gets nice and dirty, and the per-parameter modulation is a huge plus. When you combine this with the melohman morphing, this is a damn spectacular synth. I would rather have it than a hardware minimoog (except that I could sell the moon and buy lots of fun software). There is really no downside to having it in your arsenal at that price.
even if it doesnt hold up against more modern mini emus...
taken on it's own merits it's a great synth indeed!
the melohman octave gives it something different enough, that even if you have better mini emus, it's worth having :)

incidentally, ive played the actual mini and oscar that these two where modeled from :D

Return to “Instruments”