The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:37 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:32 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:28 pm
AnX wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:19 pm spastic is only an offensive word if used as an insult

where I live there is still a couple of charity shops for the spastic association....
I had no idea you lived in 1979 ;)
you not met him? :hihi:
I live in hope :hihi:
you don't, really, I'm a total c**t.

ask my Mrs....

:lol: I just spat a mouthful of mashed tatties ...

Hink wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:01 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:57 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:51 pm
ijiwaru wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:57 pm So what's the verdict Mr. Tunes? Will we be seeing a greater focus on the burning issues of the day in your music? I'd love to hear your take on an anti-Trump protest song; you've certainly got the voice to carry it.
I think it's best I stay away from controversial issues. I got hell from this place just using the word spastic in a song. So no thanks.
You did not get "hell" at all .. I simply pointed out that the word spastic is considered offensive in the UK. You made it into an issue all by yourself ... :roll:
Man you just can't stay away from this thread can you. I'm not allowed to mention your name but you can do anything you damn well please here.

You are a real piece of work.

And yes, you DID give me hell. Don't make me quote all the badgering you did to me because of what I said in that song. YOU made the issue out of it. I sure as hell didn't.
you know what wags, there are a lot of words in every language and many ways to express one's points. If someone tells me a word is offensive the first reaction I have is not to argue but to correct my wording, I dont want to offend anyone. I'm not gonna go looking for the quotes and if you post them all dragging this out I'll move this thread right out of here to points unknown.

I bend over backwards for you when people post in the out of context thread because you find it offensive and that is perfectly fine because if you feel it's offensive when someone quotes you there, that's all I need, no problem, dont need you to verify why and if I see your name I delete the quote.

Someone says that a word is offensive where they are from perhaps you should step back and think a moment about that. You dont like being offended, why would you not apologize for your err and move on? I did not know myself the word was offensive in another culture, but if I made such a mistake I'm confident my reaction would be I'm sorry, I had no idea that was offensive at the very least...what I would not do is put it on the person who was offended.

You brought the point up, not anyone else about getting hell for using that word and now you complain?
Forgetting about that one word, which was used in the context of a song, any time I say anything that TCC has a problem with, even if it has nothing to do with him, he has to come to this thread and start with me. Go and look through this whole thread if you have the time and you will see. This has been going on long before the offensive song.

He has never had anything constructive to add here. His only reason for coming here is to let me know when he has a problem with something I've said. Not once has he commented on any of my music, though I tried to be the bigger person and went to several of his threads and commented on his.

I wasn't expecting reciprocity but at least just leave me alone. Is that so much to ask? Do I have to hear it from him every time I say something he doesn't like?

The evidence is all in this thread every time I've said something and he's had to come in to put in his two cents.

Do I really have to put up with this because this is a public forum? That's all I want to know. If I do, then fine. Just let me know and I'll drop this whole thing permanently and let him rant on. I'll go back to using my ignore list so I don't have to deal with him anymore.

Thank you.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:04 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:01 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:57 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:51 pm
ijiwaru wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:57 pm So what's the verdict Mr. Tunes? Will we be seeing a greater focus on the burning issues of the day in your music? I'd love to hear your take on an anti-Trump protest song; you've certainly got the voice to carry it.
I think it's best I stay away from controversial issues. I got hell from this place just using the word spastic in a song. So no thanks.
You did not get "hell" at all .. I simply pointed out that the word spastic is considered offensive in the UK. You made it into an issue all by yourself ... :roll:
Man you just can't stay away from this thread can you. I'm not allowed to mention your name but you can do anything you damn well please here.

You are a real piece of work.

And yes, you DID give me hell. Don't make me quote all the badgering you did to me because of what I said in that song. YOU made the issue out of it. I sure as hell didn't.
you know what wags, there are a lot of words in every language and many ways to express one's points. If someone tells me a word is offensive the first reaction I have is not to argue but to correct my wording, I dont want to offend anyone. I'm not gonna go looking for the quotes and if you post them all dragging this out I'll move this thread right out of here to points unknown.

I bend over backwards for you when people post in the out of context thread because you find it offensive and that is perfectly fine because if you feel it's offensive when someone quotes you there, that's all I need, no problem, dont need you to verify why and if I see your name I delete the quote.

Someone says that a word is offensive where they are from perhaps you should step back and think a moment about that. You dont like being offended, why would you not apologize for your err and move on? I did not know myself the word was offensive in another culture, but if I made such a mistake I'm confident my reaction would be I'm sorry, I had no idea that was offensive at the very least...what I would not do is put it on the person who was offended.

You brought the point up, not anyone else about getting hell for using that word and now you complain?
Forgetting about that one word, which was used in the context of a song, any time I say anything that TCC has a problem with, even if it has nothing to do with him, he has to come to this thread and start with me. Go and look through this whole thread if you have the time and you will see. This has been going on long before the offensive song.

He has never had anything constructive to add here. His only reason for coming here is to let me know when he has a problem with something I've said. Not once has he commented on any of my music, though I tried to be the bigger person and went to several of his threads and commented on his.

I wasn't expecting reciprocity but at least just leave me alone. Is that so much to ask? Do I have to hear it from him every time I say something he doesn't like?

The evidence is all in this thread every time I've said something and he's had to come in to put in his two cents.

Do I really have to put up with this because this is a public forum? That's all I want to know. If I do, then fine. Just let me know and I'll drop this whole thing permanently and let him rant on. I'll go back to using my ignore list so I don't have to deal with him anymore.

Thank you.
There's only one person ranting here, and it ain't me. You reported me to the mods and got put in your place. Suck it up.

So I guess you’re going to triple down then?

I would like to think there’s still hope that one day something will click and you will realize that so much of your “hell” is your own doing, but it looks from the above that it’s business as usual.

Speaking from my perspective, all I have ever got from you is cold responses when I have tried in any way to help, and in the case of your thread asking for a wake up call, my responses got me on your foe list.

Life should not be about feeling that you have to be defensive all the time. No one is attacking you to the extent that you think they are, and very often it’s your responses to reasonable criticism, or you cherry picking from historical dialog that creates division and bad feeling.

Try taking a backwards step and a deep breath, and you will see a different picture from the one you usually paint. There are reasons that posts go they way this one does, but you are unable or unwilling to see that.
Last edited by Forgotten on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

do you not see how in this case you invited it...exactly what value to the conversation was added by I got hell from this place just using the word spastic in a song. He knew you were talking about him, you knew he would know you were talking about him and judging from this post you knew he would respond.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 pm do you not see how in this case you invited it...exactly what value to the conversation was added by I got hell from this place just using the word spastic in a song. He knew you were talking about him, you knew he would know you were talking about him and judging from this post you knew he would respond.
Its not like this is the first time. He's been doing it ever since he joined KVR. I've tried several times to give Wags constructive criticism, but it always ends with him making personal comments, attacks and insults.

please dont shoot the messenger, perhaps it's time for to stop giving him the constructive criticism (see what I did there, tcc :hihi:)...I promise there are many people here who would appreciate your words and criticism...maybe you two are just oil and water :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I don't think its just me Hink, but point taken :)
I only came back into this thread to correct the disinformation wags was spreading about me.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:44 pm :lol: I just spat a mouthful of mashed tatties ...
thats what she said....

AnX wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:50 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:44 pm :lol: I just spat a mouthful of mashed tatties ...
thats what she said....
:lol:

I do want to ask one favor please, can we all meet up somewhere other than here at wags corner? I would appreciate it :tu:

Pub?

:drunk:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

No problem Hink. I'm only here because he was making stuff up about me (as you know). I'm outta here.

Hink wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:38 pm I do want to ask one favor please, can we all meet up somewhere other than here at wags corner? I would appreciate it :tu:
as a three eyed man, i yoyo where i will...

leaving "words of wisdom" in my wake.

Return to “Music Cafe”