2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Digivolt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:24 pm https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/pro ... N_Demo.zip

Gives 404 for trying to download demo
ah, true. Good catch, thanks. We just replaced it, and link says "WIN" but file was "win". Fixed. Please try again.

This is the first time Breeze 2.5 and Precedence 1.5 demos have become available. They are online now. More info shortly.

Iva wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:50 pm second - dropdown menus are not in place
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufc4c451bj23d ... 6.png?dl=0
system in use:
macbook pro 2015 late 2016 - OSX Mojave 10.14.6 - DAW Cubase 10.0.50
This is known, and it is host specific and specific to Retina displays. In Logic the menu is more or less in the correct place. In Cubase OSX it is not as you see. we will replace this system menu with a custom menu tree-browser in a future update and then it will be in exactly as we spec it.
[/quote]

...actually we were able to adjust this also for Cubase, so the system menus are in the correct location on Cubase OSX/retina now as well.

Regarding the GUI window size not auto updating in cubase after GUI size pref change, that remains, as it seems to be a Cubase issue. But all you must do is close and reopen the GUI window after a GUI-size change (which is likely an infrequent event for most users), so it's a rather minor issue, except perhaps when dragging between screens with different GUI scalings as you pointed out. We will try to get more info from Stienberg for the future. And who knows, maybe it is good already in Cubase 10.5 that just came out yesterday(?). Did't try yet.

and regarding moving gui to a second display. to update the plug-in window after (auto)-resizing you can switch to generic editor and then back to plug-in's, that will make it update.

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 pm
Digivolt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:24 pm https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/pro ... N_Demo.zip

Gives 404 for trying to download demo
ah, true. Good catch, thanks. We just replaced it, and link says "WIN" but file was "win". Fixed. Please try again.

This is the first time Breeze 2.5 and Precedence 1.5 demos have become available. They are online now. More info shortly.
It works now thanks, I did manage to find an older version working link I think it was 2_0_3 (got it from OP in this thread), so it will be good to demo the latest version :tu:

downloaded and installed the latest version from my account.
every time i unfreeze an instance now, in Cubase 9.5, the preset kinda wigs out.
There is a slap-back style delay going on, with a tail as long as the should be normal reverb.
None of my unfrozen instances kept their preset intact. Lost a couple of really good presets already.
OSX 10.9.5

seems like it might have something to do with the classic algorithms maybe?...
I need to check this out more, i thought i'd left a delay on, but it's Breeze2... weird stuff

Do I need to update the libraries too? - it would help if the installers in my account stated a build date

There seems something strange going on with the latest Breeze 2 and Precedence in Logic (latest version macOS Catalina).
Everything is fine but when i once change the order of them in the FX channel in any way the GUI goes extrem sluggy and see this damn ball we all hate in macOS before it update the GUI. Also some knobs are hidden then until i hover over them.
(beside that i still wish that Kaleidoscope, B2 and Aether would not have still this chaos browser order problem i cannot solve....means all presets are all over the place in a random order).

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:30 am (beside that i still wish that Kaleidoscope, B2 and Aether would not have still this chaos browser order problem i cannot solve....means all presets are all over the place in a random order).
Is that due to APFS?

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:37 am
Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:30 am (beside that i still wish that Kaleidoscope, B2 and Aether would not have still this chaos browser order problem i cannot solve....means all presets are all over the place in a random order).
Is that due to APFS?
I guess yes, since it seems since macOS uses this. But there seems no solution yet for me to order them again. Not the worlds end but sometimes it drives me crazy.
But so far i only have that with Kaleidoscope, B2 and Aether.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:40 am
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:37 am
Is that due to APFS?
I guess yes, since it seems since macOS uses this. But there seems no solution yet for me to order them again. Not the worlds end but sometimes it drives me crazy.
But so far i only have that with Kaleidoscope, B2 and Aether.
This is due to AFS, yes. We have to wait until 2.0 versions to address it in Aether, B2, KS bc our SDK has changed a ton while developing Breeze 2, Precedence and PBJ...

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:00 pm Do I need to update the libraries too? - it would help if the installers in my account stated a build date
bump

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:00 pm Do I need to update the libraries too? - it would help if the installers in my account stated a build date
Not essential at the moment, no. The preset expansions use the Default Settings for the P-Link topics. You can adjust as desired if you like, as with all presets.

Any/all presets can work with Precedence-Link. The expansions use the default tuning for Precedence Link features. There are advanced features to adjust these if desired, such as how to translate Distance to Pre-Delay, how to translate distance to wet/dry early/late ratio, etc.

These "Adjustment" controls are similar to the "Delta" and "Loss" controls in Precedence. They establish the "positioning rules" for a particular preset. You can think of it as something similar to having control over what "Pan Laws" you want to use, but here it is significantly more sophisticated behind-the-scenes. And in general the default settings will give great results.

You can use these controls with "Global Broadcast" to change the "Positioning Rules" for an entire mix after it has already been established. For example you can increase the degree of gain panning that happens, or increase how quickly elements in the mix become more "wet" depending on distance, etc etc. This is very powerful "macro mixing" stuff, can can be used to increase or decrease "spatial contrast" in the mix.

Once you find a good base set for your given project, assuming you even need to change the defaults, you can also disable Broadcast and make custom per-instnace adjustments if needed for any problematic instruments, if there are any.

When will Aether and B2 get some love? I want the Pretty UIs i have in B2 and Precedence in those two as well :) using a fancy custom blue theme.
https://i.imgur.com/HI9B94v.png

:tu: Most important… I, too, am looking forward having Precedence coupled with the incredible quality of Aether: after so many years (and so many other reverbs tested), it's still my favourite reverb!

Ploki wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:33 pm When will Aether and B2 get some love? I want the Pretty UIs i have in B2 and Precedence in those two as well :) using a fancy custom blue theme.
https://i.imgur.com/HI9B94v.png
2020 we hope. On the radar, in the workshop, in the oven, on the operating table, or fill in your own metaphor... :wink: We are working on it...

We're finishing up a little Christmas preset for everyone first this week... :tu:

Cool color theme! :tu: Careful. playing with that stuff is addictive. I spent a month or so obsessing about color and making the 300 or so factor color schemes. and I already have more things in mind I'd like to add. :borg:
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”