ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

mladi wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:00 pm Hehe.. very true.. have the same concerns.. but anyway; In case you went on to buy some of the legacy banks you will need the cloud thing as there is no other way to download something.
Wha!? Oh nooos! Just as I suspected! Doomed, I tell ya, we're all doomed!!!

(waving goodbye to my $500 investment... now I wish I'd gotten Omnisphere!)

maniacoli wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:29 pm There will be alot more in future Updates, so many suggestions and deep dive activities ;) Watch Out Dudes

btw 3.0.8 out -> https://refx.com/nexus/version/
Finally with 3.0.8 it's possible to get your hands on the layer arpeggios within an SQ, edit them and save them as your own, so you can use them with other presets as well.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:07 pm
mladi wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:00 pm Hehe.. very true.. have the same concerns.. but anyway; In case you went on to buy some of the legacy banks you will need the cloud thing as there is no other way to download something.

Gone anyways as someone reported nexus2 became nfr with the release of n3... What a bloody mess

I forgot about that new NFR status! Like someone would wanna buy into this rolling nightmare!!!

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Gone anyways as someone reported nexus2 became nfr with the release of n3... What a bloody mess
Wait, what? I can no longer sell my N2 license? Is this 100% confirmed, as there seems to be quite a bit of misinformation in this thread?

m-ac wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Wait, what? I can no longer sell my N2 license? Is this 100% confirmed, as there seems to be quite a bit of misinformation in this thread?
this:
zvenx wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 pm However Refx explicitly told me:
1) now that Nexus 3 is out, I can NOT sell a Nexus 2 license.
2) and if they found out I had 'given it away', they may suspend my license.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:04 pm this:
Was that not just in regards to that guys second license? I think he mentioned owning 2 licenses and was offered an expansion swap for his second one or something. I might be wrong though :?

m-ac wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:16 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:04 pm this:
Was that not just in regards to that guys second license? I think he mentioned owning 2 licenses and was offered an expansion swap for his second one or something. I might be wrong though :?
Tbh #1 sounds like a general rule. And #2 totally sounds like choleric mike's refx policies (if you do some search for previous customers). Also, given that you cannot download expansions or the master keyfile anymore from your account speaks for a move towards cloud & n3. Maybe ask them via a support ticket yourself and tell us what the answer is.

This may be something specific to N2. The EULA states authorisation is required to transfer the license.
Under the Licence you may not and shall not, without Our express written authorization:
transfer the Licence

Isn't it standard practice that you can't sell your N2 license when you upgraded it to N3? Same for many other plugins, like Native Instruments, FabFilter etc. just to name two.

bM3w wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:23 am Isn't it standard practice that you can't sell your N2 license when you upgraded it to N3?
The issue seems not about an upgraded license here but your usual Nexus2 license since Nexus3 got released from what I understand ("now that Nexus 3 is out, I can NOT sell a Nexus 2 license" is pretty specific).

DPhil wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:31 am
bM3w wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:23 am Isn't it standard practice that you can't sell your N2 license when you upgraded it to N3?
The issue seems not about an upgraded license here but your usual Nexus2 license since Nexus3 got released from what I understand ("now that Nexus 3 is out, I can NOT sell a Nexus 2 license" is pretty specific).
That would seem indeed very odd (if not illegal) if you didn't upgrade and just want to sell N2.

Just more proof, in my mind, that this is a dead-end program! Forcing their faithful users to purchase an upgrade many don't want! And if you don't - you have a boat anchor! And if you do - you just have a more expensive boat anchor, eventually, as they will surely treat the N3 users the same, if and when, N4 comes along. Almost seems they take more than they give!

No good money after bad, for me!

And they wonder why people hate ReFX and Nexus so much!?

I don't hate them at all. Nothing but good experiences for me going way way back, long before Nexus.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

All this sort of crap is why I am more inclined to go back to hardware these days. With Behringer making hardware a financially viable option (and the fact that I just find it more inspiring), I like the fact that when I take it out of the box, it is mine, all mine and there are no shady bullshit EULAs that cast the concept of ownership into some grey area. It's not going to stop working when Apple release yet another OS update that gives me nothing I have any use for. And, if I decide I don't want it anymore, I can sell it, no questions asked, no seeking permission to transfer it, because IT IS MINE!

Return to “Instruments”