GForce Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nvm

Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's a great price for those plugins, and especially for impOSCar 2.

Here's a review in SoundBytes Magazine for it:
https://soundbytesmag.net/gforcesoftwareimposcar2/

impOSCar 2 is still unique and amazing sounding synth. One of my all time favorite VST-s. At that price it's a steal.
No signature here!

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:27 pm Shame about the UI size on Oddity2, I might have bought it but life's too short to sit there squinting at those fonts.

impOSCar2 has a very pleasing quality to it in unison mode that's not possible to replicate with my other synths. The filters are nice. Debating a purchase...
Yes, Oddity2 UI is a show stopper to me. And both synths' last update was 2014/2015 ? Oh, I just wonder if they will put any more effort on the enhancements or fixes.

Edited: Any one knows how to init preset in both Oddity and imposcars? thanks

cowby wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:27 pm Shame about the UI size on Oddity2, I might have bought it but life's too short to sit there squinting at those fonts.

impOSCar2 has a very pleasing quality to it in unison mode that's not possible to replicate with my other synths. The filters are nice. Debating a purchase...
Yes, Oddity2 UI is a show stopper to me. And both synths' last update was 2014/2015 ? Oh, I just wonder if they will put any more effort on the enhancements or fixes.
I contacted them about Oddity2's interface and their response was that they're not currently working on it for technical reasons (whatever that means), but it's something they'd like to do in the future. So if it's coming it's going to be a long time.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:21 am
alexfalcao wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:10 am With this sale the price for impOscar2 is cheaper than to upgrade from impOscar1 that is $75.00.
The price is fantastic but does the sound hold up?
I’m so f**king tempted...
It holds up really well, IMO. So much so that I’ve not bothered to even demo the Korg. I put it up against the ARP filter in my Studio Electronics ATC-X and it was very close. I highly recommend anything from GForce, though I must admit that Minimonsta needs an update. It’s still a cool synth, but it’s been eclipsed by other emulations like Legend and Monark.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

robotmonkey wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:14 pm impOSCar 2 is still unique and amazing sounding synth. One of my all time favorite VST-s. At that price it's a steal.
Agreed. I’ve never owned an OSCar, but the character of impOSCar 2 is really nice and interesting. It really does a great job of giving that hybrid vibe.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Thanks for your help, I bought it :)

simmo75 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:07 am How does ImpOscar2 hold up these days?
I always loved the sound but never ended up buying it. Does it hold its own against today’s powerful soft synths?
With ImpOscar2 it is not its power which made me buy it (it is not exceptionally powerful nor specially featured except an awesome ring-mod and an excellent PWM, a huge filter section with nine types of filters and the ability to add additive synthesis to the subtractive synthesis in order to alter the waveforms of the oscillators), what made me buy it, in addition to its awesome sound, is its totally unique sounding identity. If you're after a synth which doesn't sound as the others, honestly... take it !
:tu:

It is wonderful for the pads and the basses, but it also can stand the head up face to the Minimoog for his awesome leads.

Remember also the the original Oscar was made by Chris Huggett, who was formerly one of the three founders of EDP, and who became later one of the best engineers in Akai (the famous Akai S1000 sampler was made by him) and in Novation (the wonderful Supernova was made by him ! And with techniques he had used on the Oscar !)

Honestly, the ImpOscar2 is a must have !
:tu: :clap: :tu:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Just how small is the Oddity2 GUI? Are we talking Korg Legacy Collection small?

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:20 am Really, I wouldn't pass up the chance to get both impOSCar2 and Oddity2. They are both absolute masterpieces of software design. Lots of great presets too for Oddity2. Check out Mr. Arkadin - free presets:
https://www.audiobombs.com/items/282/mr ... scar2-bank
And no need to go on Audiobombs to get them. :D
The GForce customers can open this page "Patches for my instruments" whose content depends the purchased synths.

For the ImpOscar2 owners, the page contains internal download links (free downloads) for:
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Roger Lyons
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Plughugger
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Mr Arkadin
- impOSCar2 Sounds from Dave Spiers

And the owners of miniMonsta and those of Oddity2 will also find in this page banks of presets to downloads for free.

:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Dont miss minimonsta ! This is a very VERY good synth, it sound unique too !

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm Just how small is the Oddity2 GUI? Are we talking Korg Legacy Collection small?
On my 23" 1920x1080 screen it measures 27cm by 17cm. Purely on size it's not tiny, but what makes it too small are the fonts, it's just not possible to read comfortably IMO.

Return to “Instruments”