How much does the color/ finish of a guitar matter to you?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:55 pm is that denim?
It's for men who don't have to try too hard;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5TuGQcXgc8

(lazy then..)

It’s only one short step away from denim guitar straps...

I have a car. No one has ever complimented me on my chord substitution parking skills or my string skipping lane changes.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I personally love the "quilted" finish effect (though the denim acoustic pictured above is a bit much).
As an undertone to a nice sunburst, or other subtle colors, I really don't think it can be beat. PRS does this well.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

All I know is, I can't really see the body when I'm playing.
Headstocks are another matter. I sold 2 Seagulls because their headstock started to really annoy me.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

For the narcissists among us (i.e. everybody):

This was a nice design. My mate Joe (of the mighty Bilge Pump) had it in the early 90's.

tosserbass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:20 pm For the narcissists among us (i.e. everybody):

have you got it in sg style? :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:31 pm This was a nice design. My mate Joe (of the mighty Bilge Pump) had it in the early 90's.

tosserbass.jpg
nice paint job, but hes missing a couple of strings?
explains the text i guess.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:30 pm All I know is, I can't really see the body when I'm playing.
Headstocks are another matter. I sold 2 Seagulls because their headstock started to really annoy me.
That's why my main guitar is a Steinberger.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 pm
Bombadil wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:30 pm All I know is, I can't really see the body when I'm playing.
That's why my main guitar is a Steinberger.
i just puked.

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 pm nice paint job, but hes missing a couple of strings?
explains the text i guess.
:hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 pm i just puked.
Sorry I guess jealousy affects some people differently......... :shrug:
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Headless guitars are another pet peeve. They look, somehow, castrated. :P

First bass that my best friend and I bought was a Cort with the body of a P-Bass, except headless. Strangest thing I'd seen up to then.

Don't like electrics with heads so pointy they could poke yer eye out. :hihi: (runs and ducks.)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”