Omnisphere 3 Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

medienhexer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:43 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:28 pm I want a great granular engine/possibilities :(
I‘m not an expert - what’s missing in the current grain mode in the OSC for it to become great?
compared to other granular synths it is cumbersome and a blend between layers would be great (alchemy)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

beely wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 am *cough*Stylus RMX2*cough*
I wonder what can they add to stylus rmx, its my most used vsti, always find something useful and new in stylus rmx. It's timeless. Best vsti / loops library even after all these years. Eric Persing and his team are genious, they deserve technical Grammy for stylus rmx
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

I don't love Omnisphere's GUI. I'd like more of the Osc, Filter, and Envelope settings exposed from the get-go. I think if it were wider, devoted less vertical space to the patches and layers, you have a ton of space where I'm not having to constantly click on magnifiers to edit oscs and filters. It's basically like four, one-osc per voice synthesizer layers, and I'd like to see them find a way to integrate the GUI in a way that makes it feel like one big instrument instead of four small ones.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:07 pm I don't love Omnisphere's GUI. I'd like more of the Osc, Filter, and Envelope settings exposed from the get-go. I think if it were wider, devoted less vertical space to the patches and layers, you have a ton of space where I'm not having to constantly click on magnifiers to edit oscs and filters. It's basically like four, one-osc per voice synthesizer layers, and I'd like to see them find a way to integrate the GUI in a way that makes it feel like one big instrument instead of four small ones.
Agreed. Needs a new modern look, easy access, skin color choices, better filters.....

I would vote for Trilian and especially Stylus updates well before any Omni 3 updates.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

grdh20 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:49 pm I would vote for Trilian and especially Stylus updates well before any Omni 3 updates.
yep, trilian has been the same for like 10 years...

I’d like to input one layer to another (esp for FM) Meaning that you could use the OSC from layer A as an input for layer B. For FM this would allow for larger ratios, and something closer to traditional FM.

The other thing I want is a more graphic way to browse the wave tables. It’s a great library, but finding waves that start or end with a certain waveforms is a challenge. Even an online reference would be valuable. Browsing samples/sound sources is well done, and I’d like something similar for waveforms.

Best regards,

Gino

Happy that Omni development over the versions has been awesome.

Agree with noiseboyuk the tag system is impossibly clunky. Saving a patch in O2 is like filling in a government naturalization-form. Bureaucratic doesn't come into it!

I know some will throw up their hands but I would dispense with tagging altogether and concentrate on a brand nu flat-graphic GUI with DRAG N DROP for storing presets (like in Diva or Zebra).

Then we could create our own folders named by genre/type etc and just drag presets over.

Then the library would come to life. At present it's Omnisphere's Achilles Heel.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

only things I wish for Omnisphere 3 is faster interface response especialy under heavier memory loads, less CPU usage, and fix the issue of omnisphere opening up with blank parts that were chosen previously
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

I don't see Omni 3 anytime soon. I think Stylus RMX will be before that. I see Omni 2.7.

For me Omnisphere has taken a back seat to other synths that are more specialized with things like user wavetable creation and analog modeled filters. Maybe the biggest shortcoming in Omnisphere 2 are the filters. They’re fine, just not particularly characterful. You need to hit the per-voice effects to get more interesting grit from them. Spectrasonics would be well served to hire a developer to write them some filters that are modeled after classics, or team up with a developer like GForce or XILS to license their technology.

My concern is that Omnisphere is already pretty resource hungry. You’re probably not going to be able to get a lot of unison voices out of good analog modeled filters. I think it would be a good trade off, just to be able to get those cool samples though some classic filter models. Maybe it’s time to do what Native Instruments did with Massive X when they abandoned support for non AVX processors. I don’t know that much about plugin development but I did notice that Massive X was able to add some really nice filter models and get good filter FM and the distortion is one of the best in a plugin instrument. Am I wrong to assume that?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Slaapstadseun wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:17 am
What do you wish Omnisphere 3 would have? We know someone from Spectrasonics lurks here, so let's feed them some ideas for the next version.
Faster loading GUI.

Better reverb.

Ability to mass delete/edit/merge the utterly borked tagging system

i.e. being able to merge arp/ARP/arpeggiated/arpeggio or synth pads/synth pad /pads synth/ pad synths tags.

and merge/delete unused/unwanted genres/moods

that you end up with if you buy 3rd party presets.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:46 pm For me Omnisphere has taken a back seat to other synths that are more specialized with things like user wavetable creation and analog modeled filters. Maybe the biggest shortcoming in Omnisphere 2 are the filters. They’re fine, just not particularly characterful. You need to hit the per-voice effects to get more interesting grit from them. Spectrasonics would be well served to hire a developer to write them some filters that are modeled after classics, or team up with a developer like GForce or XILS to license their technology.

My concern is that Omnisphere is already pretty resource hungry. You’re probably not going to be able to get a lot of unison voices out of good analog modeled filters. I think it would be a good trade off, just to be able to get those cool samples though some classic filter models. Maybe it’s time to do what Native Instruments did with Massive X when they abandoned support for non AVX processors. I don’t know that much about plugin development but I did notice that Massive X was able to add some really nice filter models and get good filter FM and the distortion is one of the best in a plugin instrument. Am I wrong to assume that?
MX is awesome......Omni 2 needs help imo.....its at 2.6, and if they plan on 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9 before they come out with 3, I think we are in for a really loooooong wait

grdh20 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:49 pm I would vote for Trilian and especially Stylus updates well before any Omni 3 updates.

yes, please....
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Return to “Instruments”