Organteq is (finally) released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Organteq

Very nice.
But way too pricey.
($269.10 after a 10% discount!)

Lots of R&D involved, and compare with Hauptwerk.

I don't see any use for this plugin , but it sounds gorgeous nontheless .
Moddart has done it again

The only thing I would love to see in pianoteq is to place objects between sttrings , for our own personalised prepared piano
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:40 pmThe only thing I would love to see in pianoteq is to place objects between sttrings , for our own personalised prepared piano
That is quite hard to do from the modeling perspective, but in Pianoteq Pro you can tweak harmonics per key, and a bunch of other parameters as well, so you can very well make every key sound completely different...

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:40 pm I don't see any use for this plugin , but it sounds gorgeous nontheless .
Moddart has done it again
Its a pipe organ emulation, so I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea :wink:

If you never missed a pipe organ, you will certainly have no use for it. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Did pipes suddenly become velocity-sensitive or start interacting with each other? It's been a while since I played one, but I don't recall either of those features. I guess we now have the Mendelssohn Effect to compete with the Mandela Effect.

Edit: It does sound great, though. That's as good a reason as any.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Whoa! Been waiting for this. Not in the best of listening environments at the moment, but the demos sound, well, just like a pipe organ. Pretty amazing that it’s all modelled.

I love Pianoteq, but not sure this is something I would invest in. I can play some blues and soul type organ, but never really had much thought of pipe organ playing.

Congrats to them on the release though.

Sounds gorgeous !

...i assume that in the future there might be many addons based on this primary model like harmoniums, accordions, electronic organs, string ensembles and similar, etc...

...as it has been the case with pianoteq

:wink:
Last edited by Krakatau on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah I'm sure there will be add-ons and new features, too (like tremulants, tweaking the physical parameters of a pipe, who knows...)

BBFG# wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:22 pm Very nice.
But way too pricey.
($269.10 after a 10% discount!)
Something like this is going to have a limited market so pricing is inevitably going to reflect that. However, the pricing isn't out of whack compared to Pianoteq Standard and is comparable to Hauptwerk Basic.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:43 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:40 pmThe only thing I would love to see in pianoteq is to place objects between sttrings , for our own personalised prepared piano
That is quite hard to do from the modeling perspective, but in Pianoteq Pro you can tweak harmonics per key, and a bunch of other parameters as well, so you can very well make every key sound completely different...
Yeah ,the soundboard parameters go a long way(standard version ) but you need the pro version for partial tuning
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yep, I did say "Pianoteq Pro" :)

Hmm. I've been a Hauptwerk use since version 2. Yes, amazing that it's all done with physical modeling. But after listening to the audio demos and looking at the feature set, I can't consider it more than a poor-man's Hauptwerk. I have the St. Euclaire Cavaillé-Coll, which is very similar to the organ they seem to be modeling, and it sounds much more authentic than Organteq.

With pipe organs, there's little reason to do physical modeling when you can do multi-loop sampling, with multiple attack and decays, proper phase matching, randomized detuning, wind chest turbulence modeling, etc. Physical modeling will always sound artificial — too perfect — by comparison.

FYI — Hauptwerk V is coming out, supposedly this month still. It's got an all-new high-performance audio engine, built-in convolution reverb, and they are moving to iLok. I'm very pleased that it is not, after all, abandonware. I was getting worried. I have an extensive investment in Hauptwerk.
Last edited by teilo on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”