[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

rmacattack wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm Presonus, Steinberg need to do a better job marketing to younger audiences for producers, engineers. You can keep going for the customer who can't keep up with the times and production styles for today's music.
No, they don't.

But what's that stink? I think you got something in your diapers there...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

V4 was pretty much aimed at the "beatzzz" market with the chord track, new Impact XT, step sequencer etc.

In general the pattern seems to be for a ".0" update to focus on song writing/creation and the .5 update to focus more on the mixing side.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:58 am V4 was pretty much aimed at the "beatzzz" market with the chord track, new Impact XT, step sequencer etc.
They quite cater to that crowd, that's true. So do all the others as well though.

That chord track was quite a big deal to be fair (with it working on audio tracks), I would say that it is much more of a composters/songwriters tool realy.

As a 'linier' DAW, its getting harder and harder to see what can be added witout making it cluttered and unnecessarily complicated (the reason I switched from Cubase!), I don't envy these guys trying to make a V5 that everyone loves! I hope they concentrate on CPU efficiency, workflow, rock solid ARA2 integration and maybe a hardware instrument insert like they did for FX.

I suspect they will update/add built in instruments/fx that I never use (as I have better purchased VSTs), but that just seems to be the way with DAWS and I guess some people use that stuff! If you take out all of the virtual instrument stuff from the V4 update (filler as far as I am concerned) there was not much left!

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Studio One still has no mixer-snapshots and the comping could use some improvements too...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:23 am ….and the comping could use some improvements too...
I always thought S1 had the best comping of the DAWS I have used, what would you improve out of interest? Maybe AI that uses Melodyne algorithms to pick the most in-tune take :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:58 am V4 was pretty much aimed at the "beatzzz" market with the chord track, new Impact XT, step sequencer etc.

In general the pattern seems to be for a ".0" update to focus on song writing/creation and the .5 update to focus more on the mixing side.
Well yeah.... Where is the industry as of right now. It's producer focused right now. Things aren't the same from 10 years ago. What's more interesting a Cubase update with complicated technical features or a new Ableton update with a chord track and with a new Push 3 controller?

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:07 am
They quite cater to that crowd, that's true. So do all the others as well though.
Presonus looks like it has plenty for the recording engineers/musicians. From a far they are trying to keep stuff balanced. I don't get why the mix engineers and live musicians get mad when companies add features for hip hop or electronic music artist. Just an observation.

I feel like Studio One is still boxed in as just a mixed program. I don't feel they have completely captured that audience as a imageline, ableton or Native Instruments. Those three have done the best of targeting that specific user base and creating great songwriting/production tools without the technical side getting in the way. So with what I'm saying you can use any kind of program for any kind music or task. But in reality certain features and workflows attract a specific audience.

rmacattack wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:45 pm
Presonus looks like it has plenty for the recording engineers/musicians. From a far they are trying to keep stuff balanced. I don't get why the mix engineers and live musicians get mad when companies add features for hip hop or electronic music artist. Just an observation.

I feel like Studio One is still boxed in as just a mixed program. I don't feel they have completely captured that audience as a imageline, ableton or Native Instruments. Those three have done the best of targeting that specific user base and creating great songwriting/production tools without the technical side getting in the way. So with what I'm saying you can use any kind of program for any kind music or task. But in reality certain features and workflows attract a specific audience.
Yeah I wrote about this too. They seem like targeting professional Protools, Cubase Logic users but also try to get a piece of EDM/Hiphop young generation market. But their roadmap and target audience is not clear. It is a great DAW by the way.

Double

andypryce wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:53 pm
rmacattack wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:45 pm

Yeah I wrote about this too. They seem like targeting professional Protools, Cubase Logic users but also try to get a piece of EDM/Hiphop young generation market. But their roadmap and target audience is not clear. It is a great DAW by the way.
It's a producer driven market now. You have a newer crop of engineers/producers coming up. Cubase, Digital Performer doesn't fit the mold for this generations audience. Ableton, Native Instruments, and Image-line have that market.

For Studio One I'm guessing they are just keeping it balanced. Either or a great DAW (since I don't use it anymore since moving to MAC). I'm sorry I can't watch a 20 min video talking about gain staging in cubase or studio one or comparing 2 million compressors and eq's and what sounds better lol.

Studio One - Extended Drum Pattern Sequencing Functionality

Link

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Is there a workaround to get VST3 plugins to appear in the Macro Editor under Insert Event FX?
I thought Id be smart and create a macro to load Spectralayers 6 but Im thwarted
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:43 am Is there a workaround to get VST3 plugins to appear in the Macro Editor under Insert Event FX?
I thought Id be smart and create a macro to load Spectralayers 6 but Im thwarted
Sorted. Had to create a new FX Chain containing Spectralayers which is then visible In the Insert Event FX options :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Post updated and moved..
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”