MSF: Phase Distortion automateable?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi :) ,

in OSC if you go to advance settings -> transformation, you can applay a shape, that does exactly what i know by phase distortion. But the value isn't adjustable. Would it be a lot of work to add this function, so we can automate the amount? :tu:

I guess you are asking for it to be per voice modulatable, right?
Currently, I believe it can be modulated (using the global mods) and also automated (attach it to an MP, then you can automate the MP)
I don't think the OSC shape stuff will ever get per voice modulation. But you can use wavetable for this :)
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

It also doesn't seem to be modulatable via an MP. I don't find a target for it.
Hm, it's a per voice FX, there's nothing global? Or is there?

Not at the computer now, so this is from memory.
In the MP, open the list of modulatable parameters.it should be:
Generator/OSC1/Shape/Transformations or something like that.

Also there are 2 sets of modulators. The ones you see at the bottom (8 envelopes, 8 LFOs etc) are all per-voice mods. But under the meters section you will find some global mods, these can modulate pretty much everything, but they are not per voice.

Sometimes it is not obvious which parameter in the Parameter Browser is the one you want. In those cases, try this:
-- position the open windows so that you can see the desired target parameter AND the Multiparameter in the Multiparameter panel
-- click the Menu button for the MP and select "Quick learn"
-- adjust the target parameter a little.
It will then be associated with the MP. Then you can open the MP Editor to see what the full path to that target parameter is, edit its properties etc.

I am not 100% certain which targets you are after but those in the Shape / Advanced Settings cannot be per-voice modulated. And not all of them can be modulated by the global Modulators.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Unfortunately there is no parameter to raise the level of the whole transformation. But i just found out that you can modulate every single point??? What the hack? How awesome is that? And from the custom shape! And again a dream comes true, how ingenious melda is! That's more work to modulate, but the possibilities are much more versatile! I'm freaking out! :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shape post-processing >> Offset
and
Shape post-processing >> Scale ?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

No, that's not what i want. But also two very nice functions! The learn function works fine for the points, too :)!
I would like to record the before and after state, but negative values always seem to reversed by the mp.

Can you share what shape you are making? A bit more info. You see I could give you a way to do it using banks mode. However, it will still not be per voice. I really think the wavetable OSC is the way to do this phase distortion modulation. Here you can modulate shape per voice.

That was only related to darkstar's post. I am more than happy with the point modulation! Don't need per voice mod. and yeah, bank mode is also a nice idea fore that! Cant get it what you mean with the wavetable osc, what's the difference in modulation? The only thing I can think of is to record a note with modulation and then import the wave file as a wavetable. Is that what you mean?

I mean insert a sine into slot 1, then the sine with a phase distortion shape in slot 2. Then you can modulate between the two shapes. Its doesn't jump like in serum, it will interpolate smoothly between the two shapes. This will open up many more possibilities, as the per voice mods offer more flexibility.

Okay, that would just be a crossfade between two singlecycle waveforms. I reach my goal with the point modulation, thanks anyway :) !

Shape stuff won't ever have per-voice modulation, since processing it requires hell of a lot of CPU and doing that on every sample would kind of kill every CPU :). But phase modulation is available via the Transform panel in Oscillator module, where you have lots of highly optimized transformations and that one IS available for modulation.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

And don't forget the waveshaper oscillator:), the merger and the keytrack lfo's!
Best
YY

Yeah, i think all the other options are nice too. My goal was to create really custom animated phase distortion. This is possible by automating the points and i think it's great! That was a very good idea to make every point automatable! My goal is achieved, thank you!

Return to “MeldaProduction”