Bitwig Studio is getting a 16-track version (unofficial announcement)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 am I wonder how they handle the upgrade plan for a 16 track version?

I'm curious myself. I have 8-Track only, and it's pretty much useless. It also now overwrites the demo for studio, so I can't really get a feel for how it would be to work in v3. Hopefully there's an upgrade path. I'm still not convinced I need a 6th DAW. :clown:

GaryG wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 am
daradei wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:42 am 16 tracks and 6 plugins would do me
First thing I thought of was Ableton Live Intro, 16 tracks but unlimited VSTs. That would be nice. :) Access to the grid at a similar price point to Intro (~£69?) would make it a great starter DAW or secondary one for sound design.
thats how ableton got me sucked into^^. it was enough for a lonnger period until i got intrigued by the live instruments etc...and i already had bitwig at that time^^. the reason intro version also has 16track limit. so its pretty reasonable to catch up with the mighty competitors^^. i never got convinced about the bitwig strategy with the yearly stealth subscripting. after the gracing period i gave em for the first time and the credits for their 3.0, but it came too late for me^^.. well bad luck wigsters. no more upgrade plan til AT LEAST version 4 ^^.

daradei wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:42 am 16 tracks and 6 plugins would do me
Especially true if it contained the full version of Poly Grid, since Poly Grid can produce multiple sounds and do it's own phrase sequencing.

Bitwig Studio 16-Track 99USD list (probably less at usual stores)

https://www.bitwig.com/en/16-track.html

16 tracks and unlimited plugins - But no GRID? :borg:
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Still way too limited, imo. Only 16bit audio render, no elastique, no sidechain and blaablaaa. Useless. Reason intro is 16 track and it is way less limited to compared to full version. This is waisted opportunity.

keel wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:25 pm Still way too limited, imo. Only 16bit audio render, no elastique, no sidechain and blaablaaa. Useless. Reason intro is 16 track and it is way less limited to compared to full version. This is waisted opportunity.
Reason intro has the rack vst, i got it for £34 a couple of weeks ago. Best deal of the year.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

No Grid ?

Really ?

Bizarre.

The Grid alone would be worth the difference between the 16-track and full Bitwig (at sales). Look at prices for similar VSTs... There has to be enough longing created to upgrade later...
With the 8-tracks you could always get the latest version, I wonder what the strategy would be for 16-track updates...

I just purchased the 16-track version.. . Nice to have.. I thought it would include everything.. but.. alas... :cry: apparently only the essentials package is available? Can anyone tell me what I might be missing in the other packages?

If you would have the other packages, you would miss the opportunity to create your own sounds. And after you started that journey you will only miss the Grid itself... But that one is tough...

Return to “Bitwig”