Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:01 pm The worst thing about Padshop and similar plugins is that you have only the option to import samples to create new sounds.
This method is prehistoric.
Why not adding the function of live sampling in 2019/2020? Or at least offer an additional effect version?
Thank God there are a few smart devs out there like Delta-V Audio who care about real innovation
How would you normally use live sampling? In a live environment? From my brief understanding of the PadShop Pro product, its a VST where you can load 2 samples, layer them together, apply effects and do quasi sound design. You would like a tool where you can capture two live audio feeds and do that ?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:42 pm
enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:01 pm The worst thing about Padshop and similar plugins is that you have only the option to import samples to create new sounds.
Why not adding the function of live sampling in 2019/2020? Or at least offer an additional effect version?
Thank God there are a few smart devs out there like Delta-V Audio who care about real innovation
How would you normally use live sampling? In a live environment? From my brief understanding of the PadShop Pro product, its a VST where you can load 2 samples, layer them together, apply effects and do quasi sound design. You would like a tool where you can capture two live audio feeds and do that ?
Yes. Please see my workflow description above.

c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:05 pm Also feeling, could been add combo filters to list (or other modificators like in massive). Just doubtful benefit of presence of such amount of similar shapes.
Man, work on your English, I don't understand a word you're trying to write

@Sampleconstruct: do you understand what Echoes in the Attic means, about the loop point thing? Tried to answer my best, still not sure what he exactly looking for.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:04 pm @Sampleconstruct: do you understand what Echoes in the Attic means, about the loop point thing? Tried to answer my best, still not sure what he exactly looking for.
You set the sample start point with the position knob and the loop points can be set with the loop brackets.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 pm
c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:05 pm Also feeling, could been add combo filters to list (or other modificators like in massive). Just doubtful benefit of presence of such amount of similar shapes.
Yes, here i hurried maybe, ok will correct:
"Another feeling: can would been add combo filters to list" (All rest i think was clear).

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:04 pm @Sampleconstruct: do you understand what Echoes in the Attic means, about the loop point thing? Tried to answer my best, still not sure what he exactly looking for.
You set the sample start point with the position knob and the loop points can be set with the loop brackets.
Hmmm ok, hopefully that's was he was looking for and gonna help him. Thanks for your input.

c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:33 pm
"Another feeling: can would been add combo filters to list" (All rest i think was clear).
Rgfdghutzrdhjioitrdjurrjjuuutr?

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:53 pm
c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:33 pm
Rgfdghutzrdhjioitrdjurrjjuuutr?
Heh, ok, simplified version: "would be good add" - now clear ? 8)

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:42 pm
Yes. Please see my workflow description above.
Maybe there is another tool you need to use for that. I use Machine and I can sample guitar stuff I play in realtime. But can't manipulate it at same time as I don't have that many hands nor an assistant gopher.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

taldt33 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:54 am
AcrossTheSky wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 pm
taldt33 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:11 pm I also have problems with Ableton 10, I can oipen Padshop Pro 2 but preset list is empty.
I also do not know where to put the Content Padshop 2 folder.
Thanks for your help.
ill check folders on my win 8.1 tonight..and write here..as I placed the files in a wrong folder at first..now all good...got ABS 4..
Hi,
Nice!Thanks :)
...found it in the end..lol

copy vstsound files to :
C:Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Padshop\Vstsound\..herefiles -
like ..113Padshop,789padshop2,118ZeroGravity..

Presets I have in :
C Users \yourusernamehere\Documents\Vst3 Presets \Steinberg Media Technologies\Padshop\...files here..only have here...788Padshop presets.vstsound and 790Padshop2presets.vstsounds.

I haveCubase 10.0.50 built 301

hope that helps...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:40 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 pm
Hmmm ok, hopefully that's was he was looking for and gonna help him. Thanks for your input.
Thanks guys. All the videos I saw had the loop start at the start of the sample so I wasn't sure if there were independent start points.

I'd rather see an upgrade on the Mangler than Padshop 2 ... I've been using the former one way more often than Padshop Pro ... YMMV.

atya wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:13 am I'd rather see an upgrade on the Mangler than Padshop 2 ... I've been using the former one way more often than Padshop Pro ... YMMV.
The Mangle you mean? If so, forget it. It’s been abandoned since a long time.

BassMasterK wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:12 am .... I have only played with it for 20 minutes or so, but so far it is working fine in Cubase 10 on a Win7 Pro system.
I'm itching to upgrade and I'm not doubting BassMasterK but since this is a system dependent thing, I would appreciate if other Win 7 users could chime in -- has anyone had any problems? Should I go for it?

Return to “Instruments”