[PC] Signal Noise SN01/SN01-G Compressor (Free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

s28 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:27 pm Make it 2 bells for the mids, lsf/bell, hsf/bell plus the hpf and lpf and then it would be ideal in my opinion (6db per octave on the filters as well!).
I thought so :D But seriously, thanks for input, I think up something.
s28 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:27 pm I can't give specifics on the size, they are just a bit small on my laptop screen, the ability to have x2 or x1.5 would be cool but not a must as it's all visible and totally usable... just some feedback for you.
What's your screen resolution? Just so I get the idea.
s28 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:27 pm An EQ of the same quality as this compressor would be great
Well, I need a go-to EQ, so it better be :D

Windows OS only

Just a thought on the eq:
There are so many 4 band eqs. Unless you bring something special to it, why make one more exactly like everything else?

Personally, I think any eq has to offer at least the 6 basic bands: 2 pass, 2 shelf/bell and 2 bells that can go narrow. Any less and it's an auto-pass for me. But even then it's just like every other good eq.

Also, FOR ME, an eq is not worth consideration if it cannot cut aggressively at least on one band with a parametric. And I prefer 7 bands total, or 2 pass + 5 nodes.

There's no reason this has to be a visually intimidating design. The HP and LP could be tiny knobs on the sides (see Son EQ), and we know they are there and use when needed. So then the 5 bands is just one more than average. If you want, make that middle "5th" band that is parametric use tiny knobs too and you can move it out of the way of the other 4 bands to make it visually less intimidating. Personally I don't care what the knobs look like or if they have to be tiny, but I do care if I run out of bands in the middle of processing a track, or if I have to place the treatment somewhere and the eq can't do it. This is why I can never use something like Slick EQ or Son EQ. For all the things they are great at, they are just too limited to ever get used. Maybe Son EQ for someone that is into the Pultec thing, which makes it unique, but that would be in spite of it's limitations.

Just my 2 cents if you are in the process of thinking about this stuff.

jochicago wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:10 pm There are so many 4 band eqs. Unless you bring something special to it, why make one more exactly like everything else? ... But even then it's just like every other good eq.
You are reading my mind :eek:
jochicago wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:10 pm 7 bands total, or 2 pass + 5 nodes.
Well, that would be Sonalksis SV517 for me, hard to "beat". Then again, I personally seldom use more than 2-3 bands (plus HP/LP). I guess, EQ tastes/styles vary more than opinions :D
jochicago wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:10 pm ... Slick EQ or Son EQ. For all the things they are great at, they are just too limited to ever get used. Maybe Son EQ for someone that is into the Pultec thing, which makes it unique, but that would be in spite of it's limitations.
I'm glad you mentioned those two EQs. They are both a marvelous piece of engineering, but somehow I, too, never got very far with them (and that comes from someone who loves that kind of EQs). On the other hand, when you mention Pultec, I was never into it/could not get my head around it, but then I tried PTEq-X, things somehow clicked, and now it gets me very fast where I want to be (especially on vocals).

So, that's not the route I want to go (one is a no-go, another one is covered in my book). I like the "modular" nature of PTEq-X, though...

Anyway, thanks for input. You've made pretty good points and gave me some food for thought ;)

sqigls wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm Windows OS only
Sadly. What can I say, currently, I cannot afford Mac, VST SDK I use has no support for Linux (and I refuse to use the version that does), so, that's that. And it's also why I run around with a begging bowl in my signature :shrug:

This compressor sounds great and looks great, especially the gain reduction meter. It smacks when you want it too and can also be very subtle. Hence the bus glue reference in manual. Highly recommended.

O7O wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:10 am
sqigls wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm Windows OS only
Sadly. What can I say, currently, I cannot afford Mac, VST SDK I use has no support for Linux (and I refuse to use the version that does), so, that's that. And it's also why I run around with a begging bowl in my signature :shrug:
maybe add it to the thread title, or somewhere on the webpage.
currently there's no way of knowing, unless it's downloaded and unzipped.

sqigls wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:22 am maybe add it to the thread title, or somewhere on the webpage.
currently there's no way of knowing, unless it's downloaded and unzipped.
Ah, sorry, my bad. I didn't notice I left it out on webpage--thanks for pointing it out, I've added a notice straight into the first paragraph. As for this thread, I'm not the OP, pls. contact Omkar (btw. how can one tag a user on this forum so it actually notifies him/her? I'm still a KVR noob :D) Anyway, Mac support is definitely on my TODO list, but it really depends on many things when and if it becomes a reality :( .

BTW: it doesn't show up in Reaper + win10.

zenvoxpop wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 am BTW: it doesn't show up in Reaper + win10.
Well, that's sad news. I don't own Reaper, I test only with Cubase 5 and Cakewalk, and I also assume you know what to do in such cases, i.e. go to Options menu >> Preferences >> Plug-ins >> VST >> Clear cache/re-scan >> Rescan, alternatively use Add (even repeat a few times). I had an invisible VST once in my life only, what helped in the end was moving it few directories up. Well, I'm afraid, I was not of much help, but that's the best that I could come up with.

Looking forward to try this compressor. Do i need to install a browser plugin to download it? Sorry if i'm mistaking but i can't seem to find a normal link.

zeep wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:26 pm Looking forward to try this compressor. Do i need to install a browser plugin to download it? Sorry if i'm mistaking but i can't seem to find a normal link.
No you dont.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I managed to download it with Chrome. It worked different from regular downloads though, in a popup browser mega window. in Firefox i can't download the zip at all without the Mega addon. Not complaining btw, just sharing the downloading experience. thanks for the plugin!

O7O wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm
Omkar wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 pm SC for more accurate shaping.
Vortifex above said the same ^^. I'm slowly starting to play with the EQ and have the feeling that it will find its way into SC of another comp. Think of something like "SN01G as it is" + "this new EQ in SC instead of just two hard-coded curves". Or are there some other ways to shape SC you had in mind?
Nothing fancy really,
just so one can decide how much of the low end (up to which frequency) should go into compression.
It`s purely for convenience, a workaround is to place an eq after.

I tested v1.02(g) again and was under the impression attack and release could be labeled as such
or may become confusing for some.

Looking forward to new creations, the comp is da bomb so to speak.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

O7O wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:45 am
zenvoxpop wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 am BTW: it doesn't show up in Reaper + win10.
Well, that's sad news. I don't own Reaper, I test only with Cubase 5 and Cakewalk, and I also assume you know what to do in such cases, i.e. go to Options menu >> Preferences >> Plug-ins >> VST >> Clear cache/re-scan >> Rescan, alternatively use Add (even repeat a few times). I had an invisible VST once in my life only, what helped in the end was moving it few directories up. Well, I'm afraid, I was not of much help, but that's the best that I could come up with.
Works fine in Reaper over here, 5.987 x64 + Win10 Pro 1909 x64. The GUI version, didn't try the GUI-less one.

Return to “Effects”