Behringer VSTs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:21 pm Hmmm, I'm already thinking Babsynth 6, Babbery 5, BFM 9 and Guitar Big 6...all at Behringer pricing of $39.99 each.... :hyper:
I'd be in for Balkemy for sure. Maybe Broject 5 (or Project B might sound better).
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:51 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:12 pm They just hired all the fired engineers from NI.
Just wondering, but.. did Behringer confirm that? I dropped that earlier just as a speculation, and, someone posted that he also wrote it on the Gearslutz forum, which doesn't necessarily makes it true. :)
This is much less than speculation, I forgot a smily, I am joking at least with the word „all“... I can imagine that they hired some though, which could be called plausible speculation...

mumpcake wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:02 pm
jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:21 pm Hmmm, I'm already thinking Babsynth 6, Babbery 5, BFM 9 and Guitar Big 6...all at Behringer pricing of $39.99 each.... :hyper:
I'd be in for Balkemy for sure. Maybe Broject 5 (or Project B might sound better).
Battery will be good.

...wait...

Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 pm
chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm they dont seem overstretched to me at all. theyre straight killing it.
I’m not trying to be Debbie Downer here or anything, but look at how often they have missed dates with many of those products. Take Crave, or RD-9 for example - they’re way past the original dates, and there have been posts here about vendors advertising the products for ore-order then removing them.

Based on my experience of companies being in this situation, I think they could use a period of catching up with things.
"missed dates"??? according to who? they missed their own arbitrary dates...something that happens all the time. geez...apply that to software devs and they all sound like theyre going out of business. i cant think of a software dev that ever DID make the date they originally said.

i dont care about release dates. "we will release it when its ready" should be the only answer given until production is already underway and units are ready to ship. but they cant...because people live on hype. has there been issues with availability AFTER release? no there hasnt....no to my knowledge anyway. "overstretched" would be they cant keep up with demand...not that they miss arbitrary release dates because everyone makes them give a date before theyre ready in the first place.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 pm
chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm they dont seem overstretched to me at all. theyre straight killing it.
I’m not trying to be Debbie Downer here or anything, but look at how often they have missed dates with many of those products. Take Crave, or RD-9 for example - they’re way past the original dates, and there have been posts here about vendors advertising the products for ore-order then removing them.

Based on my experience of companies being in this situation, I think they could use a period of catching up with things.
"missed dates"??? according to who? they missed their own arbitrary dates...
Not arbitrary - they must have had confidence in them or they wouldn’t have made those dates public.

Anyway, sounds like you answered your own question.

TC Electronic already sells native versions. So not sure what to expect from Behringer. Maybe the FX used in the Deepmind as long as it doesn't cannibalize their other brands with extant products. That would be pretty cool.

Behringer version of all current overpriced virtual instruments that are considered to be "the best", but with a B price tag.. Would be interesting to see the effect on the plugin market.

yellowmix wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:13 am TC Electronic already sells native versions. So not sure what to expect from Behringer. Maybe the FX used in the Deepmind as long as it doesn't cannibalize their other brands with extant products. That would be pretty cool.
I thought this, but the post does say ‘synths’ so I don’t think it’s going to be fx.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:55 am Behringer version of all current overpriced virtual instruments that are considered to be "the best", but with a B price tag.. Would be interesting to see the effect on the plugin market.
Well then the software developers has to be semi-starving coders from China. :clown:

I dont think many people understand reasons why Behringer is capable of making inexpensive analog synths.

1. If im correct many of those vintage synths diagrams are available already
2. To produce a circuit board you dont have to emulate anything with trial error and deep analysis
3. Labor in east is inexpensive vs labor in the west

Now coding isnt like a robotized physical labor in the factory, you actually need skilled people who have knowledge and some expierience and understanding to spin the brain a bit, and that costs money, serious money.

So Behringer = inexpensive analog gear does not equal inexpensive software.

I dont think many people understand reasons why Behringer is capable of making inexpensive analog synths
Yep. Also why software is cheaper than hardware.

Let me explain:

- Hardware has substantial manufacturing cost, and if you don't sell a piece that's in your warehouse, it will be lost for you.
- Software has close to 0 replication cost and once it's developed, you can sell millions of copies for arbitrarily low price.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Bomnisphere

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:55 am Behringer version of all current overpriced virtual instruments that are considered to be "the best", but with a B price tag.. Would be interesting to see the effect on the plugin market.
I highly doubt that they'll do it like that... 1. Their VST's will surely not be a copy of other VST synths, and 2. their software won't be cheap made in China hardware, so, i can't see a price tag 3/4 lower than the competition as well, especially as, when they really hired people from NI, they won't work for nothing. It doesn't make sense either, why would they sell their VST synths for 39 €, when they can get 149 € for them?

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:00 am
I dont think many people understand reasons why Behringer is capable of making inexpensive analog synths
Yep. Also why software is cheaper than hardware.

Let me explain:

- Hardware has substantial manufacturing cost, and if you don't sell a piece that's in your warehouse, it will be lost for you.
- Software has close to 0 replication cost and once it's developed, you can sell millions of copies for arbitrarily low price.
Thats the thing, you dont understand :dog:

Reasearch and development of software can cost more then making same analog synth for 10 years

From hundreds of thousands to millions of euros

Reasearch and development of software can cost more then making same analog synth for 10 years
So much nonsense in one sentence.

1. Research of development of hardware also costs a lot.
2. You also can "make" same software for 10 years, just as analog synth.
3. "Making" software for 10 years is nothing more than setting up server. Many small plugin developers have retired, but their page is still active and allows to purchase product. For hardware, you need to sustain manufacturing site and supply chain.
4. "Can cost more" is quite a weak statement.

All in all, I've seen some plugin sales for 1 euro, but I didn't see hardware going for 1 euro yet.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:18 am
So much nonsense in one sentence.

1. Research of development of hardware also costs a lot.
2. You also can "make" same software for 10 years, just as analog synth.
3. "Making" software for 10 years is nothing more than setting up server. Many small plugin developers have retired, but their page is still active and allows to purchase product. For hardware, you need to sustain manufacturing site and supply chain.
4. "Can cost more" is quite a weak statement.

All in all, I've seen some plugin sales for 1 euro, but I didn't see hardware going for 1 euro yet.
"expert" you forgot that IT costs are high and you also have to maintain software with updates for upcoming years.

Just alone having like 5 good skilled coders can cost you 40 000 per month without taxes. If your research and development takes 1-4 years, run the calculations how much for the company that would cost.

And sure some companies are able to make huge sales, but they are also able to recoupe from another product, because they are huge. There are some low price knock offs, but they are knock offs, usualy dont support higher resolution screens, dont have any updates and are based already on existing products.

Return to “Instruments”