MOK Waverazor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

April 2017:
foosnark wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:04 amI feel like whoever came up with the concept and DSP for this is brilliant, but should have worked with someone who can build a very clean, clear, readable, intuitive UI that makes such an unusual synth design accessible. Or else it should have been a modular oscillator with some a lot of the editing stuff trimmed back, maybe -- it's got a vibe that would fit right in with The Harvestman stuff and I bet it would sound amazing through an LPG.
January 2019:

Waverazor Dual Oscillator Module Brings New Types Of Synthesis To Eurorack

A firmware for 1010's platform that runs that 80s neon GUI isn't what I had in mind -- I was thinking more of a 12HP thing with about four knobs and CV inputs, which uses the synthesis engine in a sort of curated way. So I'm... not quite cautiously optimistic, but I will watch this one.

(And of course this is announced after I decided I had too many VCOs and started downsizing my modular. :hihi:)

I hope thats on the Series 1 modules, not the Series 2....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The Waverazor Dual Oscillator module runs on a modified Series 1 platform, but it's a standalone product at the moment. While we have a special licensing partnership with 1010music, MOK is still a separate company and our firmware cannot be loaded on 1010's modules, or vice versa. Sorry, we know that's not what you want to hear... On a hopefully positive note, we do like 1010's swappable firmware feature, and we would like to support something similar to that for the future MOK modules we have planned.

All the best,
Taiho
MOK

Cheers for the clarification. Shame its not going to run on a stock 1010 module as firmware, but I guess its understandable from a commercial perspective.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Just got around to checking out the demo and I'm liking it! Will need to read the manual in-depth soon though. It's amazing how many different sounds you can get out of just one template patch. And using a sequencer to modulate a parameter like Mutant AM, etc...is really nice. 8) I do tend to prefer more hard/digital like sounds so that helps as well...I can imagine the Waverazor would be the ultimate drum synthesizer as well. :party:
Ableton Live 10 / Push

Anyone else using Push (v1) and having an issue assigning Waverazor parameters to the Push rotary knobs? Looks like it automaps around 16 settings or, which is about 2 banks. I average around 8-10 banks per synth so definitely need more control over the synth...to heck w/ the mouse. :lol:
Ableton Live 10 / Push

zklaus wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:11 am Just got around to checking out the demo and I'm liking it! Will need to read the manual in-depth soon though. It's amazing how many different sounds you can get out of just one template patch. And using a sequencer to modulate a parameter like Mutant AM, etc...is really nice. 8) I do tend to prefer more hard/digital like sounds so that helps as well...I can imagine the Waverazor would be the ultimate drum synthesizer as well. :party:
Latest OneSynthChallenge featured Waverazor... if you like you can check out my entry, it's multiple WR instances, no other VSTi, lots of free DAW FX, created with Bitwig. At the End of the track I even use WR Oscilators as FX Unit, by routing in Audio into one OSC and playing the FX with Midi notes...
Listen to my track on choon: https://choon.co/tracks/0mw5m9slkju/

Nice track ] PETER:H [, love the sounds you are getting out of this synth. :tu:
Ableton Live 10 / Push

Is there a way to change the font? I initially though it was pulling "Impact" off my system but the lowercase g is different. Any ideas? The font I am seeing is very hard to read

ImageUntitled by John Thompson, on Flickr
Last edited by MutantHero on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That UI is a piece of art, the artist does not want it to be changed, even if it does not fit anyones taste... Better play it blind...

LOL - but IS there a way HHEELLPP!!

Ooof this is terrible

MutantHero wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:23 pm The font I am seeing is very hard to read
You have to learn it, then "hard to read" doesn't mean anything anymore...(as I said don't look at it anyway...; - )

We took a step backwards somewhere

Untitled
by John Thompson, on Flickr

Return to “Instruments”