N.I. Straylight...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:06 pm
TMHC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:36 pmPlease note that the price change is due to the 1.5 update, which adds significant features and presets.
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. The 1.5 update still had the same price as I recall, for the few days between then and today.

The Wayback Machine doesn't have a record - can anyone demonstrate one way or another that this price has only been increased for the sale?
Nope, Straylight 1.5 went live on Monday... so did the new price.

TMHC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:11 pm Nope, Straylight 1.5 went live on Monday... so did the new price.
If that's correct (I can't find hard evidence either way), then 2 questions:

1 - has NI ever put up the price on a dot update before?
2 - does anyone know the situation with Super 8, which I understand has also had a price rise without a dot update?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

That's so f**king greasy!

The main problem for me is that there was NO transparent communication.
Virtually every other developer who offers intro prices state that there is an intro price and how long this intro period lasts. None has been done by NI.
They are on a slippery road currently...

Calenberger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 pm The main problem for me is that there was NO transparent communication.
Virtually every other developer who offers intro prices state that there is an intro price and how long this intro period lasts. None has been done by NI.
Isn´t this counterproductive for their business? I mean, if noone knows that there is an intro offer noone will buy

So how is the actual instrument, since drag n drop samples update?

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 pm The main problem for me is that there was NO transparent communication.
Isn´t this counterproductive for their business? I mean, if noone knows that there is an intro offer noone will buy
As an Economist I hate to say this:
Since bringing a Private Equity company on board Native Instruments seems more and more derailed. I may be wrong. However, their development this year is a pity.

Bad news: price increase
Good news: 50% off
Best news: I have NI vouchers
Worst news: vouchers won't apply to this special sale

Aw, just screw it. Shopping cart is now empty
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

The silent price increase is a bad move of ni. f**k that. Otherwise if it will be included in komplete u could sell the license for 50 or more bucks some time...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

krankyone wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm Bad news: price increase

The story today for a few.

The few becomes the many
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Add another to that list.

krankyone wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm Bad news: price increase

You were never able to use vouchers on discounted items.

Damn. I want that mutta fuggin vst. But I can't afford the cpu or ram hit. 😫
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Digivolt wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:42 pm report them to the ASA https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html it's illegal to increase a price and then offer a "sale" on that increased price, it has to have been that price for at least 12 months before offering a sale
Where are you getting the 12 month number from? AFAIK You're not correct, and the reality is that there's no "set in stone" time period. It must merely be considered "fair".. where the definition of that is left open.

"Fair" is usually achieved by setting the price increase period to be the same amount of time (or longer) as the discount period. So, if the sale is to last 20 days, you'd hike the price for at least 20 days before hand, then you can reasonably argue what you're doing is "fair".

But, if you can show hardly any sales were made (at the increased price), it's still possible to get a ruling that the discount wasn't genuine.. Again AFAIK ;)

What is so unique about Straylight internally? Is it just kontakts granular engine being used?

Return to “Instruments”