Behringer VSTs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm They’re already over-stretched trying to simultaneously manufacture and release multiple hardware products, so hopefully this isn’t a near-term strategy that will impact that further.

Software plugins is an already crowded market, so they would really have to knock it out of the park to make a dent there. Who knows though - who could have predicted where they are with hardware products a few years ago?
As somebody mentioned on GS, they have a lot of NI employees working for them now.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm They’re already over-stretched trying to simultaneously manufacture and release multiple hardware products, so hopefully this isn’t a near-term strategy that will impact that further.
Seriously? I think it's unbelievable what a output they have... show me one other company which releases so many hardware synths in such a short time. Don't trouble yourself though, there is none.

Oh yes, please!

I'm sure it was rhethorical question anyway. Of course they'll do VST's. :)

they dont seem overstretched to me at all. theyre straight killing it. as of this moment in time...behringer seem poised to take over as THE leading music making company. theyre becoming the amazon of music, they got ever expanding tentacles all over the music world.
ImageImageImage

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:45 pm
Seriously? I think it's unbelievable what a output they have... show me one other company which releases so many hardware synths in such a short time. Don't trouble yourself though, there is none.
Releasing is not the same as keeping up with demand, reaching profit targets and maintaining a healthy balance sheet. A consumer’s view of a company’s financial health is not always in alignment with the reality behind the scenes (cf. Native Instruments).

Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm
Releasing is not the same as keeping up with demand, reaching profit targets and maintaining a healthy balance sheet. A consumer’s view of a company’s financial health is not always in alignment with the reality behind the scenes (cf. Native Instruments).
i dont think uli cares, i have a feeling hes learned how to print money so can do whatever he feels like when he wakes up.
hes like a musical elon.

chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm they dont seem overstretched to me at all. theyre straight killing it.
I’m not trying to be Debbie Downer here or anything, but look at how often they have missed dates with many of those products. Take Crave, or RD-9 for example - they’re way past the original dates, and there have been posts here about vendors advertising the products for ore-order then removing them.

Based on my experience of companies being in this situation, I think they could use a period of catching up with things.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm
Well... maybe you have some concrete figures on that. I don't. I just see that they release many, many quality synths. Which actually tells me that it's working quite well for them, and that they know exactly what their customers want.

I imagine they have a completely diff set of staff for software, so shouldn't impact on hardware production

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:24 pm I just see that they release many, many quality synths. Which actually tells me that it's working quite well for them, and that they know exactly what their customers want.
Well it doesn’t really tell you anything other than they release many synths.

I hope things go well for them, and hopefully things are working well internally and they can manage the growth well.

If it doesn't it's as easy as simply dropping that business sector. :) Has been done a gazillion of times before. Uli knows his stuff.

As i mentioned though, i highly doubt it doesn't work for them. Otherwise they would have dropped it after the second synth they released. Why suggest that it's working badly anyway? Don't get it.

It’s not that simple to just drop a business unit without there being huge expenses associated with it, so it’s better to get it right rather than take on something risky.

Not sure why you think I suggested things are working badly though...

Maybe i understand this the wrong way, and you are not suggesting that Behringer have problems?

Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:33 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:24 pm I just see that they release many, many quality synths. Which actually tells me that it's working quite well for them, and that they know exactly what their customers want.
Well it doesn’t really tell you anything other than they release many synths.

I hope things go well for them, and hopefully things are working well internally and they can manage the growth well.
This. Anyone who says differently hasn’t spent time on GS reading the numerous, significant bugs in the range. Don’t get me wrong, I am a fan and will add a few (most) of them to my collection but only after they’ve been out and had several firmware updates.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Instruments”