IK MUltimedia UNO Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

yellowmix wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:09 am You asked "why on Earth would anyone buy Crave when they can have Uno for the same price?" (emphasis mine).
It's not asking for personal opinions. It's asking for an objective list of possible reasons under the sun. You got a (imo) thorough answer to your general question that allows for people's individual situations and preferences.
No I didn't. Mostly I got told to f**k off, with a vague hint about "modular", as though that was something that would make sense of a synth with so little to offer.
On the other hand, a general question like that goes through your head and somehow becomes an entirely personal question
The thing is, because of all the timid little bunny-rabbits around here, you can't ask direct, personal questions, You have to ask in a more generalised way or no-one will answer at all.
Look, you can insult me for answering a question as it was asked
Why would I insult you? You're about the only person who even tried to answer the question. But this illustrates my point above - I ask a general question and you take it on personally. Why you feel the need to be the apologist for everyone else makes no sense.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

If anyone is interested, Decksaver are doing a hard cover for Uno. I picked one up yesterday and it is the usual perfect fit (I have several others) and quite lightweight. I already have the soft carry case but this makes me 100% confident to throw it into my laptop bag without worrying about bending/breaking any of the knobs.

Needless to say, it is also compatible with Uno Drums.

https://www.decksaver.com/covers/produc ... drum-cover
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I discovered last night that, contrary to what's been said elsewhere, Uno's sequencer can control external gear via MIDI. I'd been meaning to test it out for ages but couldn't be bothered fishing out a MIDI cable and Uno's adapter until last night. It's yet another feather in Uno's cap. (Too many more and the cap might take flight on its own.)

BONES wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 pm If anyone is interested, Decksaver are doing a hard cover for Uno. I picked one up yesterday and it is the usual perfect fit (I have several others) and quite lightweight. I already have the soft carry case but this makes me 100% confident to throw it into my laptop bag without worrying about bending/breaking any of the knobs.

Needless to say, it is also compatible with Uno Drums.

https://www.decksaver.com/covers/produc ... drum-cover
BONES wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:22 am It would take you 20 minutes just to remove all the dust covers every time you wanted to do something, wouldn't it? Or do you have people for that?
:dog:

:idiot:

I guess Bones has been hiring help.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Are you seriously suggesting you don't understand the difference between a dust cover and a protective hard cover? I have one dust cover, an over-sized tea towel, which covers my entire set-up. The decksavers are only used for transport. Nice try, dumbass.

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:14 am Are you seriously suggesting you don't understand the difference between a dust cover and a protective hard cover? I have one dust cover, an over-sized tea towel, which covers my entire set-up. The decksavers are only used for transport. Nice try, dumbass.
Well you're lucky I can't find the post where you called somebody out for owning a whole lot of Decksavers. So you win this round I guess.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

No, I didn't call anyone out, I simply made the comment that it would take 20 minutes just to remove the dust covers off that many synths (in the studio pics thread, IIRC). But, as I said, all the synths I have set up fit under a single tea towel.

For the record, I only have two decksavers - this one and one for my Analog Keys. I had them for my Minilogue and Monologue but i sold them with those synths. I'd probably buy more if they made more for the gear I have but, right now, that's the extent of it. Skulpt came with it's own similar protection and I have three different Pelican cases to protect stuff in transit. You can't be too careful, especially when you are flying to gigs. This is the smallest of them -

My studio PC runs Windows7. It appears that Uno would be basically useless for me as I wouldn't be able to control/sequence it from my DAW :( Shame, cause I like the sound, at least from what I've heard on Youtube.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am My studio PC runs Windows7. It appears that Uno would be basically useless for me as I wouldn't be able to control/sequence it from my DAW :( Shame, cause I like the sound, at least from what I've heard on Youtube.
You can use it without software editor. But what do you expect, there has been 2 major versions since windows 7 release :D

Besides
Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won't end until January 14, 2020

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 am You can use it without software editor.
You mean I can still sequence it from the DAW as an external MIDI intrument, will just have to program the patches from the front panel?

Well, that would be better than nothing i guess, are all synth parameters accessible without the editor?
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 am there has been 2 major versions since windows 7 release :D
Just don't feel like re-installing everything including the Virus TI software, which I think is pretty much abandonware now. It works for me (somehow) so I'm afraid to even touch it :D

That is correct, you can sequence it from a MIDI track without the editor.

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 am That is correct, you can sequence it from a MIDI track without the editor.
Cool, is there some stuff that is only progammable from the editor?

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 am That is correct, you can sequence it from a MIDI track without the editor.
what the man says :)

And about Virus ti not working on Windows 10, you shouldnt worry, still works here :) been using windows 10 since 2015/2016 (cant recall), upgraded directly from Windows 7, because then Microsoft gave ability to users of W7 to upgrade for free of charge. System is still rock solid since then and it was not a clean install :) i actually had more OS instability problems like crashes with my Macbook :lol:

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:29 am And about Virus ti not working on Windows 10, you shouldnt worry, still works here :) been using windows 10 since 2015/2016 (cant recall), upgraded directly from Windows 7, because then Microsoft gave ability to users of W7 to upgrade for free of charge. System is still rock solid since then and it was not a clean install :) i actually had more OS instability problems like crashes with my Macbook :lol:
+1 - My Virus TI software is more stable under windows 10!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”