toonertik... modular groove type of thingy.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is more a proof of concept for a way of working. I'm trying to build a live type of modular along the lines of Stevio. Smaller ofc.. and I don't have his chops... I love his grooves and the way he can play for long time with changes.
Technically I was using just a A-182-1 cut in 2 giving 2x 4 multi switch... since this I have added another and a A-182-2 quad switch.. also now have 2 precision adders and a new sequencer "tesseract.. step fader" which were not used in this patch... I got a new patch going...
but not happy with any recordings yet, working on it :wink:

Any way... hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/toonertik/modulargroove

nice little groove going there :)
could easy slice this up in samplers for more performance layering :band:

I don't have a crazy sampler module like you do...
However I did do something with disting and a very old loop I made about 20 years ago... stretched it about a bit...got some really interesting textures ...
BUT I like my grooves and rhythms... I need to keep my old heart beating... just gotta keep finding newish grooves for aged hooves ..
maybe I should post it.. ;)

oh and thanx for the listen
:hug:

This is cool - kind of funky almost. Found myself finger drumming while I was listening, which is always a good sign...

I like it! :tu:

Forgotten wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:08 am This is cool - kind of funky almost. Found myself finger drumming while I was listening, which is always a good sign...
Phew... that's cool... thankfully it wasn't finger tapping...
that bored finger tapping... waiting waiting for the end.

Yeah.. I am trying (as my ex-wife would say "very trying") to get a kinda jazzy/funky... toonertricky thing.
The journey is fun ...

Thanks for your time out to listen . :hug:

pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:48 am I like it! :tu:
Hey peky_bro... how's yours doing... mine just keeps growing... I have no control on it...
It's even out grown it's case... :lol:

BTW... I think you posted a studio photo with a mixer and I meant to ask what mixer it was.

And thanks for the listen... :hug:

did it come? :hyper:

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:56 pm did it come? :hyper:
Oh yes...
It came... lovely... :love:

Fitted it straight in to the patch I have been working on...
and it was right at home... lovely KS_bass sound going on... :tu:

sweet! look forward to hearing it :tu:
always a chance i may grab one, it looked fun, as did that delay justin took from me! :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:00 pm sweet! look forward to hearing it :tu:
always a chance i may grab one, it looked fun, as did that delay justin took from me! :hihi:
Justin took it off you... whyterabbit and me... :roll:

BTW>>> they seem to have discontinued the module from their site... maybe only have a few left in stoke :shrug:
https://www.sequential.com/product/dsm0 ... ck-module/

:o
trying to force me in to a quick decision are they!? rude! :lol:

OFC :P

toonertik wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:55 pm
pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:48 am I like it! :tu:
Hey peky_bro... how's yours doing... mine just keeps growing... I have no control on it...
It's even out grown it's case... :lol:

BTW... I think you posted a studio photo with a mixer and I meant to ask what mixer it was.

And thanks for the listen... :hug:
It's all good, probably be buying another module or two during the black friday sales fest.
Other than that still cruising at 362 hp. :)

Mixer, hmm I don't have a mixer other than whats in the rack. I don't really want
one tbh, I like to mix in the rack and record directly into my field recorder.
Though, I am lazy to record stuff lately...

Here's the modular grid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/957374

pekbro wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:51 am It's all good, probably be buying another module or two during the black friday sales fest.
Other than that still cruising at 362 hp. :)

Mixer, hmm I don't have a mixer other than whats in the rack. I don't really want
one tbh, I like to mix in the rack and record directly into my field recorder.
Though, I am lazy to record stuff lately...

Here's the modular grid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/957374
I think we started getting into modular about the same time... and have gone in quiet different directions... the beauty of modular... one can build the synth/instrument as desired..
Cool looking modular peky.

As to the mixer I was referring to this photo... but I guess it's not yours...

I am a mixer slut... used to work for Trident wiring A and B range... owned a couple of MIDAS mixers with some beautiful custom parametric EQ (not MIDAS... made by a real gem electronics guy) and been fortunate to work on/with some top mixers.. Neve, Trident... Amek and a little known but well respected Raindirk mixer etc... :D

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&start=4695

I've been a bit lazy as well, regarding recording.. but started again recently.

Return to “Music Cafe”