Anyone using Breaktweaker and Stutter Edit?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They're fun plug-ins.. but they just sound really dated to me. Especially stutter edit. In breaktweaker you can add samples, but the interface is oddly cramped and bit fiddly if, you know you actually want to tweak some breaks.

i think the money for breaktweeker/stutter edit would be beter spent on Renoise which can chred anything and sound unique because it relies on the user to program it. it's not hard to learn. there's tons of tutorials. it's really fantastic for glitching things up and deep automation of plug ins quickly. for $68 or whatever it costs it's a no brainer even if you just use it for mangling beats then export the results to your DAW of choice.

Stutter Edit is a time saver and makes cool stutter effects that you'd otherwise spend a long time cutting up audio to do. So it's a good tool to have. I don't know about the beat thingy.

dayjob wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:16 am i've thought about both of them but seems like every time i look all i can find are threads saying they're abandoned/end of life/no longer being developed. so even at $49 for the pair it seems a bad deal.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=518288&p=7289350&hi ... r#p7289350

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=425374&hilit=breakt ... start=1200
I paid full price for just BT, something near $200 and $40 something for each expansion. So $49 is VERY good deal. I use it with Plugin Guru expansions and it makes very modern beats.

Astralv wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:56 am
dayjob wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:16 am i've thought about both of them but seems like every time i look all i can find are threads saying they're abandoned/end of life/no longer being developed. so even at $49 for the pair it seems a bad deal.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=518288&p=7289350&hi ... r#p7289350

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=425374&hilit=breakt ... start=1200
I paid full price for just BT, something near $200 and $40 something for each expansion. So $49 is VERY good deal. I use it with Plugin Guru expansions and it makes very modern beats.
i just mean because it seems they're no longer being developed and are end of life or whatever.. so, eventually they will be left behind by new OS or whatever. so, sure.. for $49 you will get some use out of them for a while but eventually they'll likely stop working on some systems.

Return to “Instruments”