Oh the temptation... Arturia.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My collection of soft synths is pretty healthy I believe. impOSCar, minimonsta, oddity, tal-u-no, analog lab, the awesome and free Kontakt and Reaktor instruments, Razor, Zebra, plus CM mag and other freebies...

Yet Arturias algorithms are bombarding me with the Black Friday V Collection offer.... aaaahhhh.

Should I go for it? 199$ is such a steal. And Analog Lab has given me a fruitful taste of all those old school gems....
Damn.
B.
paz por esos mundos

Yes it deserves. That's the shortest answer.

It is getting harder and harder to resist with all that you get. I've long not really liked the Arturia sound of the vintage analog emulations. There is something I think in their anti-aliasing, or TAE method that just doesn't sound right to me. Quite lifeless, no punch. Same with EPs and Clav. However with all the latest digital synths and even a couple newer analogs, there is something to find to like in those dozens of instruments. So even I was won over. I however bought V collection 6 for 100 usd second hand. That's the price for a single synth from most devs, so couldn't resist. Even thought of upgrading to V7 for 99 usd to get the other three but meh, don't need 'em. We'll see this time next year though...

If you're new to the V Collection, this time of year is always the best time to get into it, with the discounts.
The quality is a bit inconsistent, since some of the plugins in the collection have been around for many years, while others are new. At least the older plugins are very CPU-friendly, which is nice. To me, they all sound perfectly fine and usable in the context of a mix.

I feel the same way.
I have Komplete, Diva, Legend, Repro, M-Tron Pro, all the stock Logic stuff, a bunch of random cheap and free stuff. And oh yeah, all that fun CM stuff. Much of which I rarely use. Not because it's not good but just because there is not enough time.

And then I see those Arturia adds. And they look so nice. And you get so much for only $200 (crossgrade from a free filter I got awhile back). And I don't have a CZ emu or a Synclavier, or a Buchla, or a Moog Modular, or a...

Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.

Local Man wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:29 pm Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.
That sounds painful :hihi: I would buy the Collection instead :D
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:47 pm
Local Man wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:29 pm Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.
That sounds painful :hihi: I would buy the Collection instead :D
:lol:
A well-behaved signature.

Don't know what the proverb in English is, but in German I would say:
Wie die Katze um den heißen Brei herum schleichen...

Calenberger wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:22 pm Don't know what the proverb in English is, but in German I would say:
Wie die Katze um den heißen Brei herum schleichen...
to pussyfoot around? :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Local Man wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:29 pm I feel the same way.
I have Komplete, Diva, Legend, Repro, M-Tron Pro, all the stock Logic stuff, a bunch of random cheap and free stuff. And oh yeah, all that fun CM stuff. Much of which I rarely use. Not because it's not good but just because there is not enough time.

And then I see those Arturia adds. And they look so nice. And you get so much for only $200 (crossgrade from a free filter I got awhile back). And I don't have a CZ emu or a Synclavier, or a Buchla, or a Moog Modular, or a...

Ok, I think I'm gonna start carrying a lemon in my pocket and every time I think of buying the V Collection I am going to cut off a slice and squeeze it into my eye.
Grab some tequila while you’re at it.

But yes. The thing that really adds to my temptation is that I have an Arturia controller, which I love, and they link up so nicely with their plugins!
paz por esos mundos

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They are solid instruments and a solid company, wouldn’t give it a seconds more thought on it and buy them

Vortifex wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:24 pm Already have the VirtualCZ so I don't need the CZ V.
Believe me... You do. I have a Casio CZ-1000 and I was never able to get exact replicas of it's sounds with VirtualCZ. With CZ V, I did. And there's a lot more in CZ V than VirtualCZ...
Fernando (FMR)

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pascual wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:13 pm
Local Man wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:29 pm I feel the same way.

Grab some tequila while you’re at it.

But yes. The thing that really adds to my temptation is that I have an Arturia controller, which I love, and they link up so nicely with their plugins!
Ah yes, and I have a Komplete Kontrol keyboard and all the Arturia stuff is wonderfully NKS compliant.

And did I mention that I also have Reason and all of those instruments. My priority should really be upgrading that so I can more easily use it in my DAW of choice.

But that undo menu...

Return to “Instruments”