New Kush plugin: Omega TWK $29

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That is some grit!

https://www.thehouseofkush.com/products/omega-twk

So far in my demoing, it works very well on real drums/samples. A little more hit or miss elsewhere (eg synth pads). Just a bit can go a long way. Crank it for destruction.

Kush subscription is very good value
Once they have a delay it will be complete
The transformers are useful to add some color and grind to super clean synth tracks

Cool stuff. I have the other 3 omegas, and will definitely be getting this one too in the future (too much higher priority stuff in my sw/hw wishlist currently).
I actually would have never thought of this Omega version, I would have expected a full Tweaker emulation at some point.
Super interesting release nonetheless, it seems to have a very different distortion character from the other Omegas.

Just finished demo'ing and then buying TWK. It's definitely got the Kush magic happening. Also is definitely darker than the other Omegas.

Wonderful ear candy putting Airwindows first in the chain, then adding REDDI, TWK, and 458A and balancing to taste the different saturations they offer when feeding the signal to amp sims. You also want to put CLAS near the end of the chain for added clarity. Makes guitars HUGE! :D

Sounds super awesome sweet dusty disto :lol: -- too bad it needs Win8.1 or newer to work, well for the next machine when Win10 update mechanism has been fixed, in the meantime I'm enjoying Omega 458a
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I'm running Win7. The install was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but it's working fine now.

I'm not sure if the difficulty was because I installed the demo version first to make sure it would work, as I had the same concern that you do.

I probably should have activated in the iLok License Manager before running the installer, maybe? Anyhow, Reaper and Studio One both froze when scanning after the install. Once I rebooted, everything was fine. And the problem could have just been with my machine, of course.

What's happening is that devs are opting out of supporting Win 7 machines, which means they won't bugfix or troubleshoot if you encounter problems specifically related to Win7. But the software itself usually still works. Best to test first whenever you can, of course.

You'll get the fastest, most likely positive, results using TWK on things with fast transients. Adding it to pads etc. may or may not work, depending - it's more a texture there. It also does a decent job of preserving the original signal, unlike some other distortion I have.

Win10 here. Install was easy as can be.

GreyLion wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:25 am I'm running Win7. The install was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but it's working fine now.

I'm not sure if the difficulty was because I installed the demo version first to make sure it would work, as I had the same concern that you do.

I probably should have activated in the iLok License Manager before running the installer, maybe? Anyhow, Reaper and Studio One both froze when scanning after the install. Once I rebooted, everything was fine. And the problem could have just been with my machine, of course.

What's happening is that devs are opting out of supporting Win 7 machines, which means they won't bugfix or troubleshoot if you encounter problems specifically related to Win7. But the software itself usually still works. Best to test first whenever you can, of course.
Oh so it still works even though there reads Win8.1-> ?
Nice to know!
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro

GreyLion wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:25 am I'm running Win7. The install was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but it's working fine now.

Did you activate it to HDD-based iLok or dongle? I can't get it to stop hanging my VST scans. I was able to get it to load using a bit-bridge adapter. No complaints since I'm on Win7 and there's no guarantee it would work at all.
A well-behaved signature.

I activated on an iLok2 dongle. If you have the demo installed, it may be worthwhile to uninstall that, run CCleaner, then reboot.

If you're in Reaper, I've found that sometimes it helps to start a new empty session, clear the VST scan cache, and run a full scan. Also, oddly, I've had a few random new plugs hang on scan, and I could kill other running programs, especially Chrome, which is a RAM hog, and then it would scan fine. I have a suspicion that file swapping to disk cache might be an issue.

I have to necro and say TWK is just freaking awesome. Used it in a lot of instances during 4 day studio session and it.. it can be very subtle with the padding and then can crack up alot of good tone when cranking it upwards.

Also works amazingly on overheads with some compressor doing parallel smash on the rest of the drums. Oh my.

word

now combine it with Reddi and Blyss, then go change your undershorts

It was just so crazy. We had electric drums running alongside real drums (well ez3 anyway) and dropped them to group, used KotelnikovGE to get some gel (Optical preset is really a good start here, see Edit FDR and drop the bass % to full, then go back to something like 80% for example, depending how much you want to give compression to low end) and leveling.

Then TWK to EZ3, a bit of crunch and volume of EZ3 track bit lower -> straight into pocket where it should be. We high 5'd at this point :D

Return to “Effects”