New song (post-rock/emo) - Updated

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is pretty different to what you normally hear from me. I'm about to put a "best of" my early stuff on Spotify. I found this song my old computer, I think it was from 2014. I'd dropped it and never finished it because genre-wise it didn't fit at all with my other music... but now I've decided it's pretty cool, and it'd be a shame not to finish it. 8)

So with that, it'd be cool if you guys could run your ears over it.

Thanks! :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... ill-ravage
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

f**k!! What a great track!!

So many great moments, variety and change-ups kept it interesting all the way through.

Is this a fully solo project?

Going to say two totally disparate things... one: great job! Really good, professional work. Well done in every way, great vocals, maybe a bit too bass drummy for my taste. Cool!
Speaking of taste... not my taste at all, maybe I don't like emo. Too "imagine dragons" for me. But that's not to detract from your accomplishment, which is impressive!

ariston wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:09 pmmaybe a bit too bass drummy
Agreed. Would be my only criticism.

Cool, cheers guys. Yip, just me. If this wasn't me, I don't know if I'd listen to it myself :hihi: . This is more the kind of music I listened to, and played when I was younger (I'm 38), so I "get" this music... but don't necessarily listen to it anymore.
One thing I already changed is the type of vocal reverb, I've gone for something shorter and narrower... but other than that, I think I'll go with it. By "too bass drummy" I guess you mean the constant double kick beats? Yip, you could be right, normally with kick like that you'd need to go "clicky" with the tone, rather than "bassy", but I'll leave it, I do think we're getting into "matter of taste" territory, as oppose to "wrong". :lol:

Cheers guys. :tu:

Had to give this a listen. Loved it! I wouldn't even attempt to do this stuff.

A solid 10 on the scale. I'd buy a whole album of this stuff.

Oh, love Imagine Dragons.

Thanks again, guys. I just knocked out the second verse, so it's done. Link updated.

Ta.

well done! I like it and to me doesn't sound a whole lot different from your other stuff. Meaning, to me it has your signature all over. Looking forward to the next album.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:10 am well done! I like it and to me doesn't sound a whole lot different from your other stuff. Meaning, to me it has your signature all over. Looking forward to the next album.
Cheers! I just mean I'm getting more and more electronic, the album after the next might not even have guitars... I'll see. The actual next album isn't far off either. I've got 8 songs completely done, 2 more have the music done, I'm just needing to write some words and do the vocals, then when those ten are done, I'll look at it as a whole and see what it needs and write one more. :hihi: It'll be an eleven song album. :tu:
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damn... just found a mistake. In the second verse the line "karma become me" is out of time... how did I miss that?! :dog: Fixed it now.

Intense and jam packed with good ideas! :wheee:

(I think the mix is slightly fuzzy but it's not really an issue.)

Frantz wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:49 pm Intense and jam packed with good ideas! :wheee:

(I think the mix is slightly fuzzy but it's not really an issue.)
Cheers!

And I'll just put a link to finished album here... for those Spotify users.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1uZNpuqM ... QYMcTOWJ_I#_=_

Return to “Music Cafe”