DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

AnX wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:59 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm The knobs are a bit strange. When increasing the value from, say, 45 to 46 with the mouse wheel, and then turning it down a notch, it goes up to 47 instead of back down to 45.
confirmed and reported (also happens in D2)
Oh, a legacy bug, I see :)

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:14 pm Unless the value is displayed somewhere else, say, in a dedicated value display under the big display. I.e. moving "Synapse Dune 3" (where is the "Audio" in that?) to the top where it currently says "Differential Unison Engine" (who cares what Dune stands for), which is deleted.
Since the display would be wider, it could display more precise values (3 or 4 digits).
Then you'd be looking at one area while trying to move a control in another area. Not very efficient.

If your mouse cursor is already over a control that you want to see the value of Left Click is almost no work at all.

Now you left click, see the value and if you want to adjust it then you're ready to go. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's like that in Sylenth1 for instance, I never had a problem with that. Once you know the GUI inside out, you automatically look at the right spot :wink:

collider wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:25 pm I don't need a demo - I need a Black Friday offer :D 8)

Sounds good to me! I will take an educator’s discount if possible...

I tried out the Demo last night. I. am. impressed.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:59 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm The knobs are a bit strange. When increasing the value from, say, 45 to 46 with the mouse wheel, and then turning it down a notch, it goes up to 47 instead of back down to 45.
confirmed and reported (also happens in D2)
Oh, a legacy bug, I see :)
Fixed in next update

e-crooner wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:35 pm The shimmer reverb is one of the highlights of that synth :tu: There are a few presets in the demo version that use it. When switching the shimmer reverb off, those patches lose their charm.
A Brazilian pad with shimmer reverb...
https://app.box.com/s/k6odke6zmbb75eocaa7pj024uxqz62ow

e-crooner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:21 am
e-crooner wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:35 pm The shimmer reverb is one of the highlights of that synth :tu: There are a few presets in the demo version that use it. When switching the shimmer reverb off, those patches lose their charm.
A Brazilian pad with shimmer reverb...
https://app.box.com/s/k6odke6zmbb75eocaa7pj024uxqz62ow
Nice Pad !! :tu:

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:32 pm
MutantHero wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:20 pm Also will you make a legit SFZ creation utility to go along with Zampler//RX please? Sorely needed. Nice engine and GUI there.
actually thats an awesome suggestion/feature request because Zampler//RX is broken and always crashes.
Do you use the Pluginboutique/Loopmasters version of Zampler? that one crashes like crazy. the Beat version never crashed on me.

also, protip: if you want to make a sample loop in Zampler, you have to set the loop points in a WAV editor and presto! you now have sustain :)

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:42 pm It's like that in Sylenth1 for instance, I never had a problem with that. Once you know the GUI inside out, you automatically look at the right spot :wink:
I know Dune's interface inside and out as I approach 500 patches I've done.

That's why I don't need readouts that pop up willy nilly when you move your cursor around the GUI or parameter readouts that are not attached to the Parameter. In fact I rarely use the readouts at all for many of the parameters. I can see an ADSR envelope shape by simply looking at the position of the knob pointers. Same for Cutoff and Res etc.... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:05 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:42 pm It's like that in Sylenth1 for instance, I never had a problem with that. Once you know the GUI inside out, you automatically look at the right spot :wink:
I know Dune's interface inside and out as I approach 500 patches I've done.

That's why I don't need readouts that pop up willy nilly when you move your cursor around the GUI or parameter readouts that are not attached to the Parameter. In fact I rarely use the readouts at all for many of the parameters. I can see an ADSR envelope shape by simply looking at the position of the knob pointers. Same for Cutoff and Res etc.... :wink:
Readouts don't pop up willy nilly :)
A separate value readout display is pretty much standard, for instance with U-he, Tal and Air synths.

Since you mention it, the envelopes are one of the things I don't like about Dune, I prefer sliders, they are more visually intuitive in my view.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 pmReadouts don't pop up willy nilly :)
They would if they popped up on mouse over rather than on left click as you propose.

If you own Sektor you'll know what you mean. :wink:
e-crooner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 pmA separate value readout display is pretty much standard, for instance with U-he, Tal and Air synths.
I don't care one bit what is "standard". In my opinion having the parameter readout attached to the parameter you're focusing on is far more efficient. I own Hive 2, Diva, and several Air synths and I find Dune 3's method far superior.

But make it a feature request and see what happens. You never know what updates will contain.

Personally I hope Synapse doesn't waste a second on changing the readout system but good luck with your request. :tu:

I like Uhe synths, and have tested out just about every synth in the "what synth..." or "___ vs ___" threads, and have only really clicked with Zebra and Hive. Have used DuneCM for random sounds, which I bounce then delete the synth from project. Recently tried out Dune3 and fell in love with it. It's weird, I don't like the workflow as much as Zebra and Hive, but for some reason, the different workflow leads me to try stuff in a different way and have made a few sweet patches. Also, never knew I needed two arpeggiators within a synth :hihi: Dune3 is sick. I'm fairly certain I won't ever need another synth ever again. Hive2/Zebra2/Dune3 is the holy trinity for me :hihi:
Last edited by Butwug on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

overhishead wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:32 pm
MutantHero wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:20 pm Also will you make a legit SFZ creation utility to go along with Zampler//RX please? Sorely needed. Nice engine and GUI there.
actually thats an awesome suggestion/feature request because Zampler//RX is broken and always crashes.
Do you use the Pluginboutique/Loopmasters version of Zampler? that one crashes like crazy. the Beat version never crashed on me.

also, protip: if you want to make a sample loop in Zampler, you have to set the loop points in a WAV editor and presto! you now have sustain :)
Unfortunetly both versions crash to me :(

thanks for the tip! id use it if Zampler wouldnt crash :D its funny tho, ever since i tried zampler few years ago it always crashed since then, never had a proper uncrashing expierience :lol:

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:41 am Zampler
you want this thread

viewtopic.php?p=7574424

Teksonik wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:41 am
e-crooner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 pmReadouts don't pop up willy nilly :)
They would if they popped up on mouse over rather than on left click as you propose.

If you own Sektor you'll know what you mean. :wink:
e-crooner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 pmA separate value readout display is pretty much standard, for instance with U-he, Tal and Air synths.
I don't care one bit what is "standard". In my opinion having the parameter readout attached to the parameter you're focusing on is far more efficient. I own Hive 2, Diva, and several Air synths and I find Dune 3's method far superior.

But make it a feature request and see what happens. You never know what updates will contain.

Personally I hope Synapse doesn't waste a second on changing the readout system but good luck with your request. :tu:
Well, if readouts pop up willy nilly in the global display on mouse over, I find that useful. I think it is perfect in Sylenth1, although the readout in the display is a bit too small. I love the big readout on Tal synths.
At least the readout is in blue numbers on the light skin, that's easier to notice than on the dark skin.

No, don't worry, it won't be a feature request on my part.

Return to “Instruments”