RELATED
PRODUCTS

I only have one question.

Where Is The Damn AU?!

glokraw wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:56 am Midi things missing is
not likely an oversight, just a judgement call. I would expect
a new version in a few months, maybe for Valentines day
or spring break?
Is that based on previous experience with Propellerheads/RS or just wishful thinking?

As I mentioned in the Reason 11 thread, I find the biggest disappointment in the plugin to be the lack of on-the-fly sampling. The buttons are still there! The workflow for creating sampler instruments and then getting them into the plugin in your other DAW is so cumbersome it outweighs the benefits of quick sampling.

I bought this on a impulse, and I agree with the points made above. It definitely does need all that stuff, I hope "Reasonstudios" actually listens.

One thing I think they should add to the rack, is Audio IN so we can process our DAW audio with the rack devices.

With that list above and Audio In I think it would be a serious winner.

I could give a hoot less about the small GUI, it's not that big of an issue. With my mac i can have multiple monitors, each with their own resolution so having my rack on a smaller monitor works just fine.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 am I bought this on a impulse, and I agree with the points made above. It definitely does need all that stuff, I hope "Reasonstudios" actually listens.

One thing I think they should add to the rack, is Audio IN so we can process our DAW audio with the rack devices.

I could give a hoot less about the small GUI, it's not that big of an issue. With my mac i can have multiple monitors, each with their own resolution so having my rack on a smaller monitor works just fine.
There isn't an fx version? I assumed there would be as Reason has amazing effects

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:57 am
V0RT3X wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 am I bought this on a impulse, and I agree with the points made above. It definitely does need all that stuff, I hope "Reasonstudios" actually listens.

There isn't an fx version? I assumed there would be as Reason has amazing effects

Wait I take it back :dog:

I just didn't see it. It's there.
:borg:

Phew

imrae wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 am
glokraw wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:56 am Midi things missing is
not likely an oversight, just a judgement call. I would expect
a new version in a few months, maybe for Valentines day
or spring break?
Is that based on previous experience with Propellerheads/RS or just wishful thinking?

As I mentioned in the Reason 11 thread, I find the biggest disappointment in the plugin to be the lack of on-the-fly sampling. The buttons are still there! The workflow for creating sampler instruments and then getting them into the plugin in your other DAW is so cumbersome it outweighs the benefits of quick sampling.
When I see long established companies release what some smart people consider unfinished products, in a fiercely competitive marketplace, it might mean the beancounters are now running things.

I can't imagine the experienced Reason devs reading
the listed complaints in this topic, and thinking,
"Whoa!!! Didn't see that one coming!".
But I can imagine beancounters caring about a release
date that hurried up some cash flow. And they probably
analyse stats and trends enough to know how many sales
and update sales are in their future.
Cheers

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:31 am
glokraw wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:56 am Reason Rack is fresh out of the oven, let the cake cool
before frosting it :hyper: I bet like MassiveX, the release

Props should have mixed in all the ingredients before putting it in the oven and serving it half cooked.
:P

If there is one thing I've learnt from Propellerheads over the past two decades, and that's not to expect anything... because you'll more often than not, feel disappointed with under developed features.

It took 14 years to have more than 8 colours for track colouring....which was always complained about.
Pretty much all of this. They have not been much of a company that really listens to their user base, but I guess it’s working for them so, 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Local Man wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:36 am I only have one question.

Where Is The Damn AU?!
THIS!!!
Bob B.
Founder
dawtopia.com
Music Production Blog for Stage | Studio | Digital Audio Workstation
Helping Musicians Make Great Music, That's What We Do!

Load the vst into elements... Its sort of free now...

brozobob wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:58 am

Where Is The Damn AU?!
THIS!!!
It looks like the AU beta is out!

I don't have time at the moment to test it out, but hopefully soon.

Also, hopefully there will be some sort of Black Friday discount on the upgrade price. I don't know how likely that is though.

Local Man wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:38 pm
brozobob wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:58 am

Where Is The Damn AU?!
THIS!!!
It looks like the AU beta is out!

I don't have time at the moment to test it out, but hopefully soon.

Also, hopefully there will be some sort of Black Friday discount on the upgrade price. I don't know how likely that is though.
Reason 11.1, including an AU version of Reason Rack Plugin, Catalina support and various bug fixes, is now out! There is a Black Friday discount on the full version of Reason 11, Reason 11 Suite and the upgrade from Intro/Lite.

:party:

Anosou wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:43 am There is a Black Friday discount on the full version of Reason 11, Reason 11 Suite and the upgrade from Intro/Lite.

:party:
Too bad that the only configuration that isn't discounted is the one that applies to me (upgrade from previous version of Reason).

Do they ever do a sale on the upgrade from previous version price?

As excited as I was about this when it was first announced, at this point I've got so much other stuff that I'm wrapped up in that I'm feeling like I can hold off on it for a little bit.
I'll definitely take the plunge one way or another eventually though.

Company focus on new users now.
No loyalty to old users, unfortunately.
Fast profits, but bad prospect.

future-bit wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:28 am Company focus on new users now.
No loyalty to old users, unfortunately.
Fast profits, but bad prospect.
Nothing has changed, that's how P-Heads always did it. For years they'd bundle shiny new instruments/FX/REs as enticements for new purchasers without throwing the same bone to the folks who got them where they were.

Return to “Instruments”