Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

I should get Cubase Pro for free. All the hours i spent here defending Steinberg from customers' cruelty...

So, Windows HiDPI scaling is unchanged in 10.5. Disappointing.

wjoyce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:15 pm So, Windows HiDPI scaling is unchanged in 10.5. Disappointing.
The only change we wanted in 10.5 :dog:

mixwell wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:21 pm
wjoyce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:15 pm So, Windows HiDPI scaling is unchanged in 10.5. Disappointing.
The only change we wanted in 10.5 :dog:
Certainly the one I wanted, and was expecting. I should have known better.

Bought, downloaded, and installed. Opening it for the first time.

The .5 is everything. You should be grateful. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:11 pm I should get Cubase Pro for free. All the hours i spent here defending Steinberg from customers' cruelty...
I just heard news, that Steinberg has admitted you their most rare decoration
”Der Ehrbare Verteidiger den Steinberg”.
The nomination doesn’t include a free Cubase Pro, but a steel medal with 2 feet long ribbons. You are allowed to wear the medal in the German Indepence Day reception.

I noticed Padshop 2 is available as a download in Steinberg Download Assistant. As I own Absolute V4 and Nuendo 10 I am going to try to download it to see if it works. I also have a Cubase license I have yet to activate...but that is going on a new machine this month.

I will let you guys know.

I assume that Padshop 2 can be used in another DAW?

Version 10.5 seems like a mighty fine update. The new EQ looks great.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

And Padshop 2 works. Seems to include a number of new presets and wave files to choose from.

Just $60 for the full upgrade? That's an improvement right there, no?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I assume there's a Padshop PRO 2 upgrade coming somewhere...
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm Just $60 for the full upgrade? That's an improvement right there, no?
no, that is normal price for 10 to 10.5 or x.0 to x.5...
if you wait till summer, you can get 40% or 50% perhaps..

EDIT: i was in doubt to update to 10 pro, but did in the big sale this year (from 9.5 pro), besides variaudio, i wasn't much impressed. until i bought the update, many things worked better. and with the incremental free updates (as with 9.5, which gave you already the 64 bits engine, and floating point stuff.. if i remember correctly), a lot changed, the export dialog, for instance. a lot of small improvements that get no attention, almost. working in cubase 10 pro was/is a treat. but steinberg does not say what all those improvements are.. we shall see them in video's me thinks... or when i buy the upgrade, which i certainly will. but i spend my studio budget on my studio B (...), so i have to wait, a week..

they say that they changed a lot, small improvements. that can be the stuff i or you (who is you, haha) like.
Last edited by WasteLand on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can the main window now be resized? My 43” 4k screen the File, Edit, Project, Audio , Midi, Score … are on the upper left corner and hard to see and use. Also neck issues makes it painful. If not or there is no workaround I will sadly have to sell my Cubase.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”