korg collection updated for Mac OS X Catalina

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some features widely requested by users will be added to the KORG Collection in future updates. We plan to support AAX format and refine the user interface on a large-scale among other improvements but until then we hope you love all the new features so far and enjoy making music with the KORG Collection of synthesizers offered by KORG.
Third paragraph here:
https://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/1222/

Date of the announcement: 2017.12.22

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

the only option i have for updating to the latest versions is to upgrade the legacy bundle to the special bundle (which includes the odyssey) that cost $49. the only installers i have ability to download are the 2017 versions on the korg usernet. there's no installers available at the new site they migrated to. just my order history and account info. shrug.

maybe i'll cough up that $49 upgrade fee when they update the GUIs. until then. nope.

dayjob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 pm the only option i have for updating to the latest versions is to upgrade the legacy bundle to the special bundle (which includes the odyssey) that cost $49. the only installers i have ability to download are the 2017 versions on the korg usernet. there's no installers available at the new site they migrated to. just my order history and account info. shrug.

maybe i'll cough up that $49 upgrade fee when they update the GUIs. until then. nope.
What's the latest version number you are able to download? I don't have the special bundle including Odyssey and I found updated versions (1.4.1 for Polysix and MS-20)
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

nachenko wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm
dayjob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 pm the only option i have for updating to the latest versions is to upgrade the legacy bundle to the special bundle (which includes the odyssey) that cost $49. the only installers i have ability to download are the 2017 versions on the korg usernet. there's no installers available at the new site they migrated to. just my order history and account info. shrug.

What's the latest version number you are able to download? I don't have the special bundle including Odyssey and I found updated versions (1.4.1 for Polysix and MS-20)
where'd you find those?

the versions from 9/27/17

i'd have to click on each product and check version on their site since there's no bundle download.

they're all the same versions i've had since 2017 though.

some are 1.1.1 and others 1.7.1 or 1.3.1

there's no download location on the new korg site even after logging in. just my account info and previous orders. so no idea where to access the newer installers if they're even available to me. i assume if i pay the $49 upgrade tot eh new special bundle then i'll get the updates sent via email as a link. it's annoying that can't just log in and access downloads.

dayjob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 pm
nachenko wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm

where'd you find those?

the versions from 9/27/17

i'd have to click on each product and check version on their site since there's no bundle download.

they're all the same versions i've had since 2017 though.

some are 1.1.1 and others 1.7.1 or 1.3.1

there's no download location on the new korg site even after logging in. just my account info and previous orders. so no idea where to access the newer installers if they're even available to me. i assume if i pay the $49 upgrade tot eh new special bundle then i'll get the updates sent via email as a link. it's annoying that can't just log in and access downloads.

https://korg.shop
Account > Accout Information > Registered Products
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

so it seems from the posts above that there is no new Korg Collection update, right?

dbender wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:59 pm so it seems from the posts above that there is no new Korg Collection update, right?
Can't speak to the Windows update, but the Mac OS versions are new and promote compatibility with Catalina. The individual plug-ins have been 64-bit for some time now and now the stand alone apps are 64-but compatible too.

Neither the release notes in the Installers nor the Read Me text files provided any specifics. The versions (Plug-in / Stand alone) are now:

LegacyCell 1.4.1 / 1.5.0
M1 1.8.1 / 1.5.0
MDE-X 1.4.1
MonoPoly 1.2.1 / 1.5.0
MS-20 1.4.1 / 1.5.0
MS-20FX 1.4.1
Polysix 1.4.1 / 1.5.0
Wavestation 1.8.1 / 1.5.0

Thank you to the OP for raising this topic.

Thanks very much JONDL_2000!

What Mac OS are you running? Any problems with these new updates, both plugins and standalone? Any problems with Legacy Cell? (like a user above reported though I think he may have been on Windows)

jondl_2000 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:01 pm
dbender wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:59 pm so it seems from the posts above that there is no new Korg Collection update, right?
Can't speak to the Windows update, but the Mac OS versions are new and promote compatibility with Catalina. The individual plug-ins have been 64-bit for some time now and now the stand alone apps are 64-but compatible too.

Neither the release notes in the Installers nor the Read Me text files provided any specifics. The versions (Plug-in / Stand alone) are now:

LegacyCell 1.4.1 / 1.5.0
M1 1.8.1 / 1.5.0
MDE-X 1.4.1
MonoPoly 1.2.1 / 1.5.0
MS-20 1.4.1 / 1.5.0
MS-20FX 1.4.1
Polysix 1.4.1 / 1.5.0
Wavestation 1.8.1 / 1.5.0

Thank you to the OP for raising this topic.
Where do you see new versions? I logged in to their site and don’t see anything newer than 2017.

As mentioned in my earlier reply: I download one plug-in (MS-20) to confirm the original post of this topic - found the version number of the installer was incremented from what was presently installed on my system and proceeded with the install. Upon completion (and a cursory test) I then downloaded and installed the remainder. Also mentioned: neither their webpage, the Installer, or Read Me text make any mention of the change - only the vague announcement where it is implied they now support Catalina. I therefore determined to see for myself. I had also mentioned the behavior of the installer was off in that the stand alone apps had to be uninstalled to allow the new installation of the same. I've no idea why the Korg installation behaved that way. No big, but a Read Me text informing as much before hand would have been useful.

The version numbers I posted are from this exercise. Note: I remain on Mojave, not Catalina, so I can only assume from the press release the update delivers as implied. It will be some time still before I upgrade my MBP as I've software installed that I've not upgraded due to out of pocket expense, i.e., upgrade Live 9 > 10 for example. Hope this helps.

Yep Windows versions weren't updated to those numbers at all.

Korg makes awesome hardware synths, but IMO they should hire more people for the software synth department. And there are already a ton of EOL Korg synths, which would make a great VSTi. Prophecy/Z1, Triton, M3, Radias, 01w... Or they actually could make a new software-only synth in Korg quality :lol: Some workstation powersynth, or some awesome analog emulation, but with lot of LFOs, OSCs, and a 100 entry mod matrix. I guess they are afraid of piracy or something.

After updating the GUI's definitely seem to be bigger on my high res monitor.
No signature here!

Forgotten wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:41 pm Where do you see new versions? I logged in to their site and don’t see anything newer than 2017.
HI, Forgotten. Did you visit KORG ID? Check the following screenshot:
KORG ID 2019-11-13 10-20-51.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

I’ll check later as I’m just heading to work, but on one page it shows the release dates, and they are about 2 years old.

Return to “Instruments”