DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:57 pm Or a better paid job, maybe?
Yep, or turn the music in to money, anyways
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:lol:

Yikes! Lots of pages to scroll through. So, apologies if this has been answered previously.

The default location for Dune 3 wavetables on Windows is:

.../<user>/Documents/Synapse Audio/DUNE 3/Wavetables

Question: What if I have hundreds of wavetables? Can I store them in other locations that are accesible by Dune? Can I configure Dune (through an ".ini" file of some sort) to add other directories so I can organize these wavetable?

Thanks

David Stuart
Archimedes

ddstuart wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 pm Yikes! Lots of pages to scroll through. So, apologies if this has been answered previously.

The default location for Dune 3 wavetables on Windows is:

.../<user>/Documents/Synapse Audio/DUNE 3/Wavetables

Question: What if I have hundreds of wavetables? Can I store them in other locations that are accesible by Dune? Can I configure Dune (through an ".ini" file of some sort) to add other directories so I can organize these wavetable?

Thanks

David Stuart

sub folders

/wavetables/factory
/wavetables/vox
/wavetables/bass

even

/wavetables/factory/pads

etc

Okay thanks very much!
Archimedes

You can also use the import wavetable in the editor window if you want to access wavetables from elsewhere.

This is how I do it now, anyway.

Mark
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Thanks Mark! I did find my way through that, but I liked the drop-down list box and being able to (relatively) quickly find my way to ".wt" files through that method. Looks like I have some organizing to do.
Archimedes

Yes you do, sorry about that :oops:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

The shimmer reverb is one of the highlights of that synth :tu: There are a few presets in the demo version that use it. When switching the shimmer reverb off, those patches lose their charm.

The knobs are a bit strange. When increasing the value from, say, 45 to 46 with the mouse wheel, and then turning it down a notch, it goes up to 47 instead of back down to 45. And vice versa. In other words, one never really knows what value one has dialed in, depending on which direction one comes from.
Might be a little issue when using short attack values.

The controls should support mouse-over value readouts.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm .... The controls should support mouse-over value readouts.
And display decimal values and proper units (but, to be fair, DUNE isn't the only synth that suffers from this).

There is another strange behavior: when you rest your mouse pointer over the density or amount display in the osc section, move the mouse wheel a notch up or down, and then move the mouse pointer away from the display, say hard to the right or left (all that without clicking, mind you), arbitrary values are dialed in.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm The controls should support mouse-over value readouts.
Left Click to Display Value. Otherwise you'd have values popping up all over the place when moving your cursor across the GUI. I have some synths that do that and it drives me crazy.
Like this.....
Value Pop Ups

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:27 pm There is another strange behavior: when you rest your mouse pointer over the density or amount display in the osc section, move the mouse wheel a notch up or down, and then move the mouse pointer away from the display, say hard to the right or left (all that without clicking, mind you), arbitrary values are dialed in.
It's been reported. No word on a fix yet.
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm The knobs are a bit strange. When increasing the value from, say, 45 to 46 with the mouse wheel, and then turning it down a notch, it goes up to 47 instead of back down to 45.
confirmed and reported (also happens in D2)

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:53 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm The controls should support mouse-over value readouts.
Left Click to Display Value. Otherwise you'd have values popping up all over the place when moving your cursor across the GUI. I have some synths that do that and it drives me crazy.
Like this.....
Value Pop Ups
Unless the value is displayed somewhere else, say, in a dedicated value display under the big display. I.e. moving "Synapse Dune 3" (where is the "Audio" in that?) to the top where it currently says "Differential Unison Engine" (who cares what Dune stands for), which is deleted.
Since the display would be wider, it could display more precise values (3 or 4 digits).

Return to “Instruments”