RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

This stuff is planed for the future:

- Flat-style GUI skin
- Soundsets that make use of the v2 features
- Even more distortion types

The rest will depend on what users will request

That's nice, I already like Icarus 2 and how it looks, and more distortions types is very good news.

I will upgrade maily for the new GUI, realtime visuals and The new MSEGs. But I'm also looking forward for the drums (channels out if will have place?) and the matrix expansion or any new implementations.

Also I don't even know how some people here asked so much for MPE and yet additional Macros would make Icarus a lot more expressive with a lot of more deep motion and control for specific different parameters. My feature request (even if might not have place anytime soon) will be additional macros for Icarus.

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 pm This stuff is planed for the future:

- Flat-style GUI skin
- Soundsets that make use of the v2 features
- Even more distortion types

The rest will depend on what users will request
:party: flat UI :party:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:27 pm The main issue regarding the GUI is that the lighting is all wrong, both on the knobs and on the panelling.

Colour wise, there's poor contrast, pale blue on a pale grey background in regard to the displays....doesn't work well.
+1
GUI is still bad. Synths with eye pleasing GUIs are:
Serum
Hive 2
ANA 2
Pigments

Just saw that Flat style GUI is coming. :party:

The GUI will further be enhanced. I will do some experiments if the contrast for the displays can be enhanced.

Project status update:
- sound-design is finished
- sorting the factory patches is finished. Icarus2 will contain over 500 new sounds
- sorting the drumloops is finished. Icarus2 will contain over 100 drumloops

Thanks for the update.
I think it would be nice to have a non Markus created skin.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:45 pm Thanks for the update.
I think it would be nice to have a non Markus created skin.
rsp
Satyatunes designs nice skins. :tu:

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 pm The GUI will further be enhanced. I will do some experiments if the contrast for the displays can be enhanced.
There is just one thing you could do that would improve ALL your GUIs (IMO, of course). Stop using angled perspective knobs. Always use a "view from top" perspective. This is the only think I find really annoying.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 pm The GUI will further be enhanced. I will do some experiments if the contrast for the displays can be enhanced.
There is just one thing you could do that would improve ALL your GUIs (IMO, of course). Stop using angled perspective knobs. Always use a "view from top" perspective. This is the only think I find really annoying.
Icarus pretty much is a top view of knobs. There is no side to side angle. Just a light visible lower part of the knob. No really annoying, at least it's all symmetrical.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:58 pm Icarus pretty much is a top view of knobs. There is no side to side angle. Just a light visible lower part of the knob. No really annoying, at least it's all symmetrical.
It isn't as noticeable as in other Tone 2 synths, but the knobs have an angle view (mine has that :wink:). But yes, at least it's symmetrical :hihi: :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:27 pm Colour wise, there's poor contrast, pale blue on a pale grey background in regard to the displays....doesn't work well.
In version one, you can change built-in 'skins', most of them are useless, but I've found one with dark background and dark green knobs and displays, looks super. The blue as seen in the video above is not right, of course.

Just saw the metal handles on the sides, one word - why?!

perfumer wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:16 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:27 pm Colour wise, there's poor contrast, pale blue on a pale grey background in regard to the displays....doesn't work well.
In version one, you can change built-in 'skins', most of them are useless, but I've found one with dark background and dark green knobs and displays, looks super. The blue as seen in the video above is not right, of course.

I don't have idea why but it has a "hardware" looking into it and I like it :hihi:, actually if Markus think about adding the flat skin I hope the "3d" will be there always in future updates.

perfumer wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Gladiator 3 has metal handles also. It’s so you can rack mount it. :)

Seriously though, I don’t mind the design at all.

Examigan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:40 pm Seriously though, I don’t mind the design at all.
Those handles are the only hardware-looking element on the UI.
And the UI is already cluttered without them.
And v. 1 didn't have handles.
And no, you cannot rack mount it.
So I'd like to hear a reasonable (or rational?) explanation why they are there.

But anyway. I was very eager to update at first - before the new specs and the redesign were revealed. Now, I'm not sure. I don't like such AIO monsters.

On the other hand some improvements are tempting......

BUT, when I open the UI and see three animated oscillators, two animated filters, one animated step sequencer AND rack handles... :o my mind goes poof! So how am I supposed to concentrate on sound design with those blinking and moving things? And if I'm using it in Bitwig, there's tons of animations there as well, so... evil devs want to bring me to the threshold of epilepsy? :shock:

I've build over 1000 sounds for Icarus. The animated displays are a huge improvement if you are doing sound-design, because you get immediate visual feedback about what you do an what you hear.

You will be able to hide large parts of the GUI. There are also color-schemes with less contrast. So you don't have to fear an epileptic attack when you use the synth.

The rack handles are there, because i did like the look when i designed the interface.

You will be able to build own skins.

Return to “Instruments”