Next Fabfilter plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Saturn 2 makes most sense for me - I still like it as a functional/mix-tool type saturator, but it feels a bit more dated than most of their plugins and could benefit from some more ambitious algorithms IMO.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A channel strip would be interesting in terms of the Fabfilter visuals. Seeing that Fabfilter style feedback of gating/expansion, de-essing, EQ, and compression all at once would be awesome.

I have a genius solution to the channel strip idea. Rather than cannibalise sales of competing products, each section would be unlocked via an existing serial. Essentially it then becomes an elegant Pro-X host.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I would appreciate new versions of Saturn, Volcano and Timeless plugins.

Pro-S
Pro-F
Pro-D

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:47 pm I have a genius solution to the channel strip idea. Rather than cannibalise sales of competing products, each section would be unlocked via an existing serial. Essentially it then becomes an elegant Pro-X host.
I'd buy that. But I'd imagine that would technically be more complicated. It'd need some sort of minimal still functional controls of each section or something unique to that host to.

What would people wish from upgrades to Saturen, Volcano or Timeless? I mean isn't there already so much going on in these? Or do you wish for a pure facelift? I'd rather see Pro-MB being able to handle times in ms instead of % though I know why it is like that :D

GrabtharsHammer wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:23 pm What the world really needs is a Fabfilter DAW. :pray:
Yes please.. :hyper:

Vortifex wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:22 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:56 pm I'd like to see a plugin that is an equalizer with spectrum grab, per band mid-side processing, and a smooth dynamic EQ.
Isn't spectrum grab basically a one-click version of creating a new band/node? Toneboosters Equalizer 4 has per band mid-side and dynamic EQ, and to create a new band you just double click.
Nah where spectrum grab is really nice is when you can hear that there's one awful sibilant frequency jumping out in like the 8-12k range but can't be bothered to find it yourself. So just hover the mouse so that the spectrum levels don't refresh and pull down the highest of those little needle-thin peaks, problem solved.

a9k1tp wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:57 pm
GrabtharsHammer wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:23 pm What the world really needs is a Fabfilter DAW. :pray:
^^^ This

Fleer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:31 am
a9k1tp wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:57 pm
^^^ This
I never even thought about that before... My brain hurts.

Hm we're nearing the end of 2019, I wonder if they're releasing a new plugin this year.

So, the Xmas/new year sale kicked off, its save to assume that nothing new is going to happen this year... for some reason this make me think that something big is going to land. Since fabfilters release cycle was a yearly stable, it makes me think that the next release will incorporate some plugin interconnection stuff like Izotope does or something which demands an overhaul of their whole collection. In fact, the pro-q functionalities are some kind of a sign for that... maybe the custom channel strip or rack for their plugins comes to fruition?
But there might be to much wishful thinking involved... :hihi:

Judging by their last video upload, I’m sure to see a strong hint for a pro mb update :clown:

for some reason this make me think that something big is going to land
or they're simply going Sonalksis or Ohm Force on us :party:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:25 pm
for some reason this make me think that something big is going to land
or they're simply going Sonalksis or Ohm Force on us :party:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah for sure. Typical FabFilter style.

No matter what it will be, FF takes time to make it good and they're known for just not rushing the release of unfinished stuff. Until then I'm still happy with the new stuff in ProQ3 the more I dig into them :clap:

I'm really very happy they're not releasing anything TBH. I know it'll be an instabuy and I don't have any money right now.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Effects”