Spire stepper pitch

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In several Spire, the osc pitch is modulated by the stepper.
What is the relation between the stepper value and the note pitch ?
I can't find any logic link.

The "link" is how intensely it's modulated in the Matrix:

Mod Matrix.png

The farther you move that slider, the more the Stepper affects the pitch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

AJYoung wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:04 pm The "link" is how intensely it's modulated in the Matrix:

Mod Matrix.png

The farther you move that slider, the more the Stepper affects the pitch.
Yes I know that but how far should I move the slider so the steps in the stepper correspond to major note scale ?

I don't think there's a specific "This Number = This many semitones" relationship. Plus the amount seems to be exponential. My best advice is to shift-drag the slider and just use your ears.

Just did a brief experiment and I found that 790 or 210 is an octave. Anything in between there is just going to have to be adjusting to get it right.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

AJYoung wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:11 pm I don't think there's a specific "This Number = This many semitones" relationship. Plus the amount seems to be exponential. My best advice is to shift-drag the slider and just use your ears.

Just did a brief experiment and I found that 790 or 210 is an octave. Anything in between there is just going to have to be adjusting to get it right.
Thanks, not obvious to adjust the pitch this way if it is exponential.
strange behaviour.

It's probably done to keep the mod matrix behaviour consistent.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”