Noita (noisy!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in between projects, just jamming and experimenting until I decide what to work on next.

I just fired up the Lyra-8 and recorded this bit inspired by the game I've been obsessing over lately:

https://soundcloud.com/starthief/noita

Nice, thinking pretty seriously about the Lyra 8 myself. It’s on sale a little at perfect circuit for the month. :tu:

Never heard of the Lyra-8 but judging by the sound, I'll say this is a hardware based synth? Definitely has a very unique sound. Can't say I've heard anything like it. In fact, I'd say it sounds more like an FX processor. Lots of dirt in this track.

It's definitely a unique instrument. 8 oscillators with individual tuning controls and touchplates, with cross-modulation. They're grouped into pairs for some controls, and then into sets of 4 for other controls. There's a dual PT2399 delay that's super noisy, a distortion section, and a "hyper LFO" (dual squarewave LFO where the two sections influence each other and are logical OR'd or AND'd, though a triangle-ized version of the LFO is available only for delay modulation). It's got CV inputs but they don't conform to anything in particular, and an audio input that can run through the delay and distortion.

There's an FX-only version of it for Eurorack. I really like the synth section of it though. It's quite an experience to play.

For this recording I also used Cassette, Toneboosters Reverb 4 and Bitwig's distortion (plus EQ, compression, limiting).

This one's harsher than most of the stuff I've been doing with it. All that bubbling stuff at the start is just the noise from the delay with no input

^ Thx, if you're using one, I've no doubt I would find the Lyra 8 pretty cool :tu:

*also, if it wasn’t cool, you’d have sold it already :lol:
Last edited by pekbro on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, a little weird - I imagine space mountain farmer on a far away
planet working ... :lol:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:41 pm *also, if it wasn’t cool, you’d have sold it already :lol:
Very true, I'm fickle like that :D

I haven't heard much that has tempted me toward the Lyra-8 but I think the tones in this sound really cool. Well done.

Ouch! That's painful and...almost scary. I can see a use case for frightening children away at Halloween. :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

thays a f**king beast :evil: love it!
i thought the fx module was wild but that's my kind of mental 8)

some wonderful noises in here :love:

Return to “Music Cafe”