SONiVox Twist for 20 Dollars

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey man...what's the deal...$99 for this synth,with the most simplistic GUI imaginable and yet...Sonivox offers an instructional video that they charge $20 for...REALLY?? :D :hihi: :dog:

As it happens,due to my long delay of my upcoming Alesis Vi61 keyboard,I am forced to seek out another midi controller in the interim(that I will relocate to my 2nd PC at a later time)...so,I was considering the M-Audio Oxygen 49...because of the rather large software package that comes with it(which includes Sonivox Twist).
That being said,I am curious about this synth(whereas otherwise,it would be asburd to even consider this synth for $99)...when I could have something like a TubeOhm synth for the same coin...or less.

I looked at all the SONIvox sale stuff at JRR shop but none of it seemed that great.

Best offers I could see at JRRshop were the $24 BDOeco offer that ended last week I think, $50 for Sonar X3 and $48 for Synthmaster 2.6

If I had only $20 to spend on a synth today I might even just get the player version of Synthmaster - sure - ability to tweak sounds is very limited but you do get 800 (generally pretty decent) factory presets for the money....
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

Sonivox Twist is garbage.

Actually, while I too thought so at first, esp. because you cannot load your own samples, I have come to appreciate its sonic capabilities, and the latest update adds some nice stuff. Worth $20 in my opinion

I got Twist free with my Akai MPK261......never installed it or 88. Sonivox Pulse was so pathetic I've never even bothered with any other Sonivox plugins......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

whatever you do dont buy "wobble"...holy crap is it total crap
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

They shouldn't even be in business anymore. That's the darned truth !

There is no support whatsoever from them themselves and products are very buggy.

Requests and inquiries, either through email or fb or messenger are completely 'ignored', and that is deliberately done so, which only infuriates users, never to go back to their business again. I am one of them now, after buying vocalizer pro which crashes Reason 10.4 when using the chord map functionality (loading maps or using the pads).

Their support apparently goes through something called 'plugivery' who is an external company for giving support on their products, but nowhere do they even mention anything about it. I had to hear it from a retail store after almost TWO weeks of waiting for a simple reply from them !!

This is a company that deliberately waves away all responsibility for their products and issues for users. Normal companies would take down their own support site and email in case of external support and INFORM their users of it. But not Sonivox, they still send out their hypocrite auto replies saying some technician will reply to you in 24-72hrs, and that it is important to them to answer our inquiries asap...yeah right. How hypocrite !

They left me waiting for nothing for two weeks almost, until I heard from the retail store about the external support via plugivery. They STILL haven’t even replied to ANY of my inquiries through all forms of communication available. That is deliberate, and just plain sleazy.

It is deliberately fooling your own customers and having them wait in utter vain without any level of regard, and that just isn’t very nice at all, and very unprofessional all together. It is a TINY effort to take down your support page if it isn’t being used anymore. And SOME form of information should be made available PUBLICALLY that all support needs to go through ‘plugivery’ or what the heck it is called. But not Sonivox, they expect us to find out for ourselves, and if not than they just say ‘tough luck’ for the person that actually gave us money for our garbage products ! What a disgrace. The plugin is still unusable to me, and I DID PAY FOR IT !!!! And the truth is that their stuff is very weak and buggy, outdated, dusty and gross. But it does reflect whoever is behind it and the regard they place towards ppl that spend money on their 'products'.

Good Day!

Twist would be interesting if it documented what it is doing and allowed you to control it in meaningful ways. I think it's mostly the sound of the underlying samples. Who cares about having step sequencers built in, etc. My Sonivox stuff that is basically a sample library packaged as a plugin all seems to work fine. I'm sure they are using some third-party playback code.

RandyEspoda wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:29 pm Good Day!
I got Twist and Wobble for almost nothing and love their sounds. I can‘t imagine that there is any need for support with those most simplistic user interfaces...
Beside telling they don‘t answer, you did not tell us what the problem is?
Did you just want to chat? KVR is a better place for that anyway...
realmarco wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:59 am whatever you do dont buy "wobble"...holy crap is it total crap
Holy crap is that fun to play, skip your burger and get Wobble instead... (but only if its on sale on PB for the price of a burger...; - )
Might be a general advice for Sonivox products, never pay more than you‘d pay for a cheap meal, transforms anger into gratefulness...

RandyEspoda wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:29 pm They shouldn't even be in business anymore. That's the darned truth !
Sonivox is just a brand, owned by inMusic Brands now (https://www.inmusicbrands.com/). They don't really exist as a company any more. I'm not surprised they've outsourced tech support, too.

The main reason brands like AIR and Sonivox are still kept alive is so their plugins can be bundled with hardware from other inMusic brands like M-Audio, Alesis, Akai etc. for perceived added value ("Hey, I just bought this MIDI controller and got a $200 plugin!"). You can frequently buy their plugins for ~$1, which is still a good deal, but don't expect any support or continued development.

I love sonivox products, I have their string, brass, woodwinds, percussion, etc, and sound excellent for my needs.
Plugin boutiques have them for sale now for way low prices.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/search?q ... ses%5B%5D=

=========================================
I regards to Twist, here's a video of some of the presets.
https://youtu.be/DnwOrE687xo?t=5

i tried to crack(no, not that crack) twist for strange results. I kind of got there replacing the original samples but unfortunately it just crashed and made some awful noise as far as i remember. But it was good fun. Why I did that? because it sound shite and the controls are just some gimmick with a nice image most of the times with no consistent response on the sound. Not recommended; as Tj said don't buy if costs more than a cheap meal and I would say that it would be still too much in my opinion.

It certainly is worth it if you like the sounds, even more... But I put up that rule for me not to pay more if it doesn‘t support MPE. Those romplers will never be further developed anyway, and there is no need to. Think of it as a sound bank, not as a synth...
You would not pay for sounds you don‘t like anyway wouldn‘t you? But I was positively surprised in the end...

Return to “Instruments”