What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haven't still, and still not looking. Nonetheless I started on page one of this thread and read every post. Some of them I really wanted to reply to but I'm just to lazy to read them all again.

Here are some things to throw out there, even though they may come back to haunt me.

Old stuff you already have may work just fine. Many a professional guitarist doesn't update his guitars, gear or software on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis. You could simply enjoy the things you have rather than living on the hope that those things you wish to buy will bring you joy. Not me of course I'm always plotting for my next guitar. But you I have hope for.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next suggestion is something those who publicly disagree actually use privately....
Backing tracks. It doesn't mean you are less of a musician or less creative if you use them. Backing tracks be they biab, midi or compressed audio can be a lot of fun. They come in covers and in generic varieties. So you can play along with your favorite songs minus the guitar part and sound like you are in a band. I'm sure it would be much more pleasing to hear when your mother-in-law comes to visit and wants to know what you do with all your money and free time.

Yeah I tried the strumming acoustic guitar for quite awhile. Problem is I'm a terrible singer when I try to accompany myself.

I do much better with chord melody jazz stuff but even that can sometimes come off as dry. So I'll throw a drum track nice and quite behind my guitar playing. Moving from pop/rock/country/blues guitar playing to chord melody (which can be played with pick, or hybrid or finger style) was challenging with tab at the beginning but I wanted a challenge. Moving to doing my own arrangements of standards from others was also a challenge (and still is) But it's also more rewarding when I finally get it done.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

If I drop on one used locally. Might make for a project guitar.
J&D LS500, they seem to have good materials, the cavity in the video looks rather large. Yet to find a decent sound review.
https://youtu.be/q80cajJPJjg
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Ordered my 7th Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-2 Pro power supply bank, some footswitch toppers, and patch cables (and a trombone). All HB/Thomann. Tough to beat on such items.

Correction: my 8th.
Since april, I bought 8 of those power supplies :scared:
I may be looking for empowerment in all the wrong places.

cptgone wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:26 pm Correction: my 8th.
Since april, I bought 8 of those power supplies :scared:
I may be looking for empowerment in all the wrong places.
so a possible chain of 64 pedals?
one chord through 64 pedals please :D
all on!

It's worse, I also have these rigged up:
- 5 Behringer PB pedalboards with built in power supply and cables for 3 x 13 and 2 x 7 pedals
- a few pedals that need their own adapter
85-ish pedals, plus 15 for my synths.

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:18 pm one chord through 64 pedals please :D
all on!
https://vocaroo.com/i/s16StKvCyNOA

cptgone wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 am
all on!
i think i love you :D

an strandberg 8 string

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm
cptgone wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 am
all on!
i think i love you :D
I think you love my big muff ;)

:hihi:

I know I love my Big Muff... : hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 pm I know I love my Big Muff... : hihi:
I ordered my 5th today (a Ram's Head reissue, with a little discount hehe)

I used to have a Yamaha Pacifica 112V and Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet w/Bigsby
two very good guitar, had to sold them coz i need money years and years ago :(
now im a bassist lol, but saving up to buy another Pacifica

Return to “Guitars”