ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
m-ac
KVRist
428 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:56 am

Great news! I've spent into the thousands on nexus, but I can understand a paid update / new version. Lets just hope its reasonably priced.

As far as the black friday release, I'm hoping thats to tie in with a special black friday upgrade price.

User avatar
commodore
KVRist
420 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:15 am

m-ac wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:56 am
Great news! I've spent into the thousands on nexus, but I can understand a paid update / new version. Lets just hope its reasonably priced.

As far as the black friday release, I'm hoping thats to tie in with a special black friday upgrade price.
Same here - I have very many expansions, and hoping that the upgrade price is reasonable. Here is what I'm thinking:
$200 - eh, probably will have to save or seriously consider other options
$150 - The max I would drop but also a bit pissed :dog:
$100 - Happy to pay it - especially for the new content it would provide
$50 - well, I doubt it would be that cheap - but hey, I'd be ecstatic!

Iva
KVRist
162 posts since 23 Apr, 2009 from Russia

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 am

50-80 seems more reasonable.

User avatar
commodore
KVRist
420 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 am

I'm also wondering where the line will be drawn between Nexus 3 and Avenger. So far, I am using Avenger a lot more than Nexus 2, but mainly because of Avenger's sample import. There is no reason Avenger can't also be a rompler just like Nexus - right? So what features of Nexus will help it to stand out against Avenger? Anyways, I try not to be too picky to the developers. Consumers have so many amazing options its hard to know who to throw money at... much different from when I started producing music. I'll always love Nexus - just for the simplicity and quality it provides. And Avenger is a sound design monster I could mess with for hours on end.

Also - that said, I'm saving all my allotted "black friday" money for Nexus and Avenger upgrades/expansions. or a new i9 9900k processor :D
Last edited by commodore on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

v1o
KVRAF
1999 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 am

commodore wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 am
I'm also wondering where the line will be drawn between Nexus 3 and Avenger. So far, I am using Avenger a lot more than Nexus 2, but mainly because of Avenger's sample import. There is no reason Avenger can't also be a rompler just like Nexus - right? So what features of Nexus will help it to stand out against Avenger? Anyways, I try not to be too picky to the developers. Consumers have so many amazing options its hard to know who to throw money at... much different from when I started producing music. I'll always love Nexus - just for the simplicity and quality it provides. And Avenger is a sound design monster I could mess with for hours on end.
Perhaps they will price it cheaper than Avenger. In that case you will be wasting your money if you simply buy Avenger to use as a preset machine when you can get Nexus 3.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

m-ac
KVRist
428 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:44 am

commodore wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 am
I'm also wondering where the line will be drawn between Nexus 3 and Avenger. So far, I am using Avenger a lot more than Nexus 2, but mainly because of Avenger's sample import. There is no reason Avenger can't also be a rompler just like Nexus - right? So what features of Nexus will help it to stand out against Avenger? Anyways, I try not to be too picky to the developers. Consumers have so many amazing options its hard to know who to throw money at... much different from when I started producing music. I'll always love Nexus - just for the simplicity and quality it provides. And Avenger is a sound design monster I could mess with for hours on end.

Also - that said, I'm saving all my allotted "black friday" money for Nexus and Avenger upgrades/expansions. or a new i9 9900k processor :D
Well we don't know what N3 will bring yet, but I imagine more of the same only with (hopefully) a better browser and scaleable UI. I think you answered your own question - nexus is a relatively simple resource friendly preset machine, and avenger is the mother of all synthesis. It depends how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go that day!

sircuit
KVRian
734 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:06 am

chk071 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:33 pm
The real pros will be like
Image

trusampler
KVRian
879 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 am

Hope it's got a decent browser now, and can finally stack n layer patches.
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8/API Lunchbox 6
Mpc Touch/Samples/Vst

HcDoom
KVRian
1158 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:14 am

Definitely not interested in romplers in 2019 at all and especially at those silly prices they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
6623 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:01 am

HcDoom wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:14 am
Definitely not interested in romplers in 2019 at all and especially at those silly prices they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.
romplers are great for old guys like me that prefer 80's and 90's
music to today's music. so all i'll ever need is M1, sometimes Wavestation and Ravity(s)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
1730 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am

they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.
actually the truth is, they are filled with top notch sounds of the best sound designers on the planet, and nearly every preset is straight usable out of the box in your track and instantly inspiring to play cool melodies. The success of their XPs and the vast use in sooo many current productions confirm this.
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

User avatar
mladi
KVRian
752 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 am

msvs wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:01 am
@Mladi
of course there will be much MORE in this update than the ability to scale the old GUI. Actually its a complete new GUI, and the new free Factory content alone would judge the costs of 2 XP packs. More infos and videos soon however
Yes of course it will be much more. My point was that it had just would had been great to get the scalable UI as a free upgrade (like discussed in the past). Now it is packed into version 3 along with new content etc. i personally don't need that much. That's all. I will pay for the upgrade now because it has the scaleable UI.
Last edited by mladi on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|Presonus Eris E8 XT|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Stein­berg CC121|Akai FL Studio Fire|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro|FL Studio 20.5

AnX
KVRAF
5779 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:30 am

msvs wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am
they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.
actually the truth is, they are filled with top notch sounds of the best sound designers on the planet, and nearly every preset is straight usable out of the box in your track and instantly inspiring to play cool melodies. The success of their XPs and the vast use in sooo many current productions confirm this.
so just like any decent synth then, except the user can also make their own sounds if they want

Ksamphos
KVRer
10 posts since 8 Feb, 2019

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:39 am

Once we are all excited about nexus, lets me ask for those that have It:
In what is it really good? For what is it used most and whats are its specialities?

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2885 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Incoming!

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Ksamphos wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:39 am
Once we are all excited about nexus, lets me ask for those that have It:
In what is it really good? For what is it used most and whats are its specialities?
For me it's great for genre stuff that - ahem - I might not have a deep abiding fascination in, but sometimes need to do. The expansion presets tend to be excellent, and authentic to their respective genres. Finally - not to be sneezed at - the resource hit is extremely low.

The dream for me is the aforementioned tag browser, and a well designed mixer, preferebly with all the parts labelled. At the moment its fiddly guesswork to pull apart a complex patch to just the elements you need. Oh, and sep outs on the different mixer elements.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Return to “Instruments”