ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Great news! I've spent into the thousands on nexus, but I can understand a paid update / new version. Lets just hope its reasonably priced.

As far as the black friday release, I'm hoping thats to tie in with a special black friday upgrade price.

m-ac wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:56 pm Great news! I've spent into the thousands on nexus, but I can understand a paid update / new version. Lets just hope its reasonably priced.

As far as the black friday release, I'm hoping thats to tie in with a special black friday upgrade price.
Same here - I have very many expansions, and hoping that the upgrade price is reasonable. Here is what I'm thinking:
$200 - eh, probably will have to save or seriously consider other options
$150 - The max I would drop but also a bit pissed :dog:
$100 - Happy to pay it - especially for the new content it would provide
$50 - well, I doubt it would be that cheap - but hey, I'd be ecstatic!

50-80 seems more reasonable.

I'm also wondering where the line will be drawn between Nexus 3 and Avenger. So far, I am using Avenger a lot more than Nexus 2, but mainly because of Avenger's sample import. There is no reason Avenger can't also be a rompler just like Nexus - right? So what features of Nexus will help it to stand out against Avenger? Anyways, I try not to be too picky to the developers. Consumers have so many amazing options its hard to know who to throw money at... much different from when I started producing music. I'll always love Nexus - just for the simplicity and quality it provides. And Avenger is a sound design monster I could mess with for hours on end.

Also - that said, I'm saving all my allotted "black friday" money for Nexus and Avenger upgrades/expansions. or a new i9 9900k processor :D
Last edited by commodore on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

commodore wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:39 pm I'm also wondering where the line will be drawn between Nexus 3 and Avenger. So far, I am using Avenger a lot more than Nexus 2, but mainly because of Avenger's sample import. There is no reason Avenger can't also be a rompler just like Nexus - right? So what features of Nexus will help it to stand out against Avenger? Anyways, I try not to be too picky to the developers. Consumers have so many amazing options its hard to know who to throw money at... much different from when I started producing music. I'll always love Nexus - just for the simplicity and quality it provides. And Avenger is a sound design monster I could mess with for hours on end.
Perhaps they will price it cheaper than Avenger. In that case you will be wasting your money if you simply buy Avenger to use as a preset machine when you can get Nexus 3.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

commodore wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:39 pm I'm also wondering where the line will be drawn between Nexus 3 and Avenger. So far, I am using Avenger a lot more than Nexus 2, but mainly because of Avenger's sample import. There is no reason Avenger can't also be a rompler just like Nexus - right? So what features of Nexus will help it to stand out against Avenger? Anyways, I try not to be too picky to the developers. Consumers have so many amazing options its hard to know who to throw money at... much different from when I started producing music. I'll always love Nexus - just for the simplicity and quality it provides. And Avenger is a sound design monster I could mess with for hours on end.

Also - that said, I'm saving all my allotted "black friday" money for Nexus and Avenger upgrades/expansions. or a new i9 9900k processor :D
Well we don't know what N3 will bring yet, but I imagine more of the same only with (hopefully) a better browser and scaleable UI. I think you answered your own question - nexus is a relatively simple resource friendly preset machine, and avenger is the mother of all synthesis. It depends how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go that day!

chk071 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:33 am The real pros will be like

Hope it's got a decent browser now, and can finally stack n layer patches.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Definitely not interested in romplers in 2019 at all and especially at those silly prices they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.

HcDoom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:14 pm Definitely not interested in romplers in 2019 at all and especially at those silly prices they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.
romplers are great for old guys like me that prefer 80's and 90's
music to today's music. so all i'll ever need is M1, sometimes Wavestation and Ravity(s)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.
actually the truth is, they are filled with top notch sounds of the best sound designers on the planet, and nearly every preset is straight usable out of the box in your track and instantly inspiring to play cool melodies. The success of their XPs and the vast use in sooo many current productions confirm this.

msvs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:01 pm @Mladi
of course there will be much MORE in this update than the ability to scale the old GUI. Actually its a complete new GUI, and the new free Factory content alone would judge the costs of 2 XP packs. More infos and videos soon however
Yes of course it will be much more. My point was that it had just would had been great to get the scalable UI as a free upgrade (like discussed in the past). Now it is packed into version 3 along with new content etc. i personally don't need that much. That's all. I will pay for the upgrade now because it has the scaleable UI.
Last edited by mladi on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

msvs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:10 pm
they charge for xp packs which are mostly filled with mediocre sounds you will most probably never ever use.
actually the truth is, they are filled with top notch sounds of the best sound designers on the planet, and nearly every preset is straight usable out of the box in your track and instantly inspiring to play cool melodies. The success of their XPs and the vast use in sooo many current productions confirm this.
so just like any decent synth then, except the user can also make their own sounds if they want

Once we are all excited about nexus, lets me ask for those that have It:
In what is it really good? For what is it used most and whats are its specialities?
Better than this only the silence. Better than the silence only John.

Ksamphos wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:39 pm Once we are all excited about nexus, lets me ask for those that have It:
In what is it really good? For what is it used most and whats are its specialities?
For me it's great for genre stuff that - ahem - I might not have a deep abiding fascination in, but sometimes need to do. The expansion presets tend to be excellent, and authentic to their respective genres. Finally - not to be sneezed at - the resource hit is extremely low.

The dream for me is the aforementioned tag browser, and a well designed mixer, preferebly with all the parts labelled. At the moment its fiddly guesswork to pull apart a complex patch to just the elements you need. Oh, and sep outs on the different mixer elements.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”