DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

MutantHero wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:20 pm Also will you make a legit SFZ creation utility to go along with Zampler//RX please? Sorely needed. Nice engine and GUI there.
actually thats an awesome suggestion/feature request because Zampler//RX is broken and always crashes.

Scratch that - I just got one of my own samples into Disco DSP Highlife 1.4 >> https://web.archive.org/web/20110714214 ... m/highlife

I used its SFZ export in the save dialog, and Zampler//RX plays it!! I am a pretty happy camper at this moment. I like Zampler//RX. I like the look, feel, and synth options. I don't know anything about looping and such but I am sure SFZ format can handle that.
Last edited by MutantHero on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MutantHero wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:20 pm Also will you make a legit SFZ creation utility to go along with Zampler//RX please? Sorely needed. Nice engine and GUI there.

there are loads of free sfz tools around

most let you select a group of samples and auto create a txt file

Zampler only uses single layer sfz's so it's very easy to make your own

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:32 pm

actually thats an awesome suggestion/feature request because Zampler//RX is broken and always crashes.
try reporting it to Beat Magazine

AnX wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Not in the case of Beat's Magazine's SFZ files because they are saved in Zampler preset file, so the settings do not carry oveer unfortunetly

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Not in the case of Beat's Magazine's SFZ files because they are saved in Zampler preset file, so the settings do not carry oveer unfortunetly
not sure what you mean... i made tons of sfz stuff for Zampler, never had a problem

AnX wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:04 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:02 pm

not sure what you mean... i made tons of sfz stuff for Zampler, never had a problem
I mean that if i want to load Zampler preset the way it is programed using SFZ for Zampler, i cant, because Zampler is using FXP for preset/program storing and SFZ is only a sound source.

so you're saying, when you load a preset, it doesn't load the sfz?

I edited my dll

ImageZampler-RX AKAI by John Thompson, on Flickr

MutantHero wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:16 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:33 pm
MutantHero wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:13 pm Anyone having a "I hear a click with no other sound" issue with some DUNE 3 patches? Studio One 3.
Works fine here in Studio One 4.5, don't have any older S1 installed to check. Which DUNE 3 version are you running, and which patches exactly cause you problems?

Richard
I am saying, "Have you heard of anyone having this issue?".
And I'm asking for details, otherwise I cannot give an answer. The exact Dune 3 version number is of great importance, since the bug may have been fixed long ago. Furthermore knowing the patches where it happens is important too. If it happens for some patches only as you describe, we only need to look at those patches & it is highly likely we can narrow down the issue :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

AnX wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 pm so you're saying, when you load a preset, it doesn't load the sfz?
What? No. Read again :D

I will try to make it easier for you.

Sfz is only a sound source. Zampler has bunch of banks that use that sound source. But zampler also has presets coming with those sound sources tailored to sound to the designer accordingly. So loading zampler preset does not equal loading same sfz file in other sampler because it wount have same filter/envelope/fx/amp/lfo/pitch and other settings.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:26 am
AnX wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 pm so you're saying, when you load a preset, it doesn't load the sfz?
What? No. Read again :D

I will try to make it easier for you.

Sfz is only a sound source. Zampler has bunch of banks that use that sound source. But zampler also has presets coming with those sound sources tailored to sound to the designer accordingly. So loading zampler preset does not equal loading same sfz file in other sampler because it wount have same filter/envelope/fx/amp/lfo/pitch and other settings.
well yes, obviously, what did you expect?

anyway, this has nothing to do with Dune3

post here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=352171&start=375

I don't need a demo - I need a Black Friday offer :D 8)

Or a better paid job, maybe?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”