Waves announce V11...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietzone wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm Does anyone here use Waves with a VPN running on their PC? Waves says to not use a VPN, but I travel a lot and I'm not connecting without one. Is it really the problem they make it to be? Is the no VPN thing only while running Waves Central or also running plugins with Waves Central closed?
I use Waves with a VPN frequently, albeit on a Mac. No issues whatsoever. Wave Central can be a bit temperamental in connection with software that secures network connections. I had a firewall once that I could not configure in a way that Waves Central would work when the firewall was enabled. But the regular use of Waves plugins was never an issue.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

$240 just to update Horizon? Not today Satan.

quietzone wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm Does anyone here use Waves with a VPN running on their PC? Waves says to not use a VPN, but I travel a lot and I'm not connecting without one. Is it really the problem they make it to be? Is the no VPN thing only while running Waves Central or also running plugins with Waves Central closed?
I think the main problem is that when using computer based authorization Waves Central ties license to network adapter MAC address. As every VPN connection usually shows up a separate network interface it might cause some issues when you are changing or deleting VPN connections.

Personally I think it's stupid to use anything related to network interface for authorization as there's so many things that can constantly change.
No signature here!

plexuss wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:29 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:23 pm
Izak Synthiemental wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:48 pm Yeah, but you don't need to renew "WUP" to use your plugins or am I missing something? Also, I highly doubt that Waves WUP policy is compliant with European Union (biggest market for Waves) consumer regulations! They would clearly lose if the matter became subject to legal scrutiny!
You don't have to renew WUP indeed. It's necessary only in certain cases. But then again, literally every developer asks you to pay for upgrades.
Now you're just lying. "literally every developer asks you to pay for upgrades" - incorrect. There are so many examples of devs that don't ask for paid upgrades...
yeah but a lot more who do charge for upgrades than don't.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

There's a distinction between compatibility updates, bug fixes and feature updates. A widespread practice which is generally accepted here is to charge for new features ("upgrades") but not for bug fixes and compatibility changes ("updates").

(This feels like a statement of the bleeding obvious, but if it helps people avoid mixing them up...)

The Renn bundle V10 - > V11 isn't obviously an upgrade, not even an update, but some kind of unfortunate marketing gimmick.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Updated" FlowMotion and now it only detects as an Effect in FL Studio, not a Synth. So it no longer works.

Ironic that they claim you should keep up to date to remain compatible.

Oh and all of my V9s are dead now too...

Think I'm going to join the Waves exodus. This is just too shitty and disruptive and I don't like Waves' attitude of "pay us and we'll make the pain go away".

It's a cash play for a desperate company. No money from me, sorry, if that means what I own doesn't work, oh well.

soulone82 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:26 pm The Waves shill is at it again...

:-?
What the hell is your problem man, I’m an honest person who tries to help out when I can. In real life and on line. At least I’m one person who thinks of more than myself.

There is absolutely no substance to your false accusations. Go ahead, dig away. Try and find proof, but you won’t because there isn’t any. I’ve said things online that would get a Waves employee fired, so good luck with that. I’m just a user like everyone else.

I use other developers too, but it’s not like you care. You’re so intent on being self righteous, the truth doesn’t even matter to you. Tell me, do you believe in flat earth as well, how about faked moon landings or chemtrail?? You do realise Santa Claus isn’t real right?? I bet you have the perfect design for tin-foil hats too.

LeVzi wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:05 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:57 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:31 pm https://www.waves.com/introducing-waves-v11

Doesnt seem that long ago V10 came out and nothing changed with that, now V11, forcing more WUP purchases to upgrade, but I ask why ? What will change.

I love my Waves plugins but I do not like this business model, of this WUP and version updates for nothing. I question Waves reasons for this tbh.w
Dude. That’s a false assumption. You shouldn’t really go around making rumours that aren’t true. You could be causing people some undue stress...

No one is forced to do it. You only need to get it when it becomes necessary.

You will probably need it if you upgrade to Catalina, but there will be many devs that will be charging for Catalina compatibility. Take Ozone 9 for example. RX won’t be far behind and that is always super expensive to upgrade.
If you want V11 and out of WUP, you'll have to upgrade, is V11 the fix for Catalina, i suspect so, so it's all a bit "forced" to me. If people charge for an OS fix, I find that harsh tbh. The fix HAS to be made, so why charge people for it, it's not their fault Apple are such asshats.
I have an inclination to agree with you. Especially since it’s only 2 years after V10. But it’s not unprecedented. You will have to pay for Catalina privilege if you’re using iZotope plugins too, as an example. Yeah you do get added features, but you’re also paying more for them. So it kind of works out.

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:35 pm The Renn bundle V10 - > V11 isn't obviously an upgrade, not even an update, but some kind of unfortunate marketing gimmick.
Just reskinned. Not a gimmick as many of us are welcoming a UI design that’s clearer and easier to work with and something that looks like it’s been designed this side of the millennium.

They couldn’t really change the sound, because that would affect so many engineers and their projects stretching back a couple of decades. Keeping the “classic” sound was the only way to do it. That said, I do wish they added something extra like a second algorithm we could choose from.

Its marketing gimmick, because they needed something to take attention of the premature ejac...sorry version launch.
So they launched a shitty foreski...sorry new skin.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 pm Its marketing gimmick, because they needed something to take attention of the premature ejac...sorry version launch.
So they launched a shitty foreski...sorry new skin.
:D :D :D

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:41 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:35 pm The Renn bundle V10 - > V11 isn't obviously an upgrade, not even an update, but some kind of unfortunate marketing gimmick.
Just reskinned. Not a gimmick as many of us are welcoming a UI design that’s clearer and easier to work with and something that looks like it’s been designed this side of the millennium.

They couldn’t really change the sound, because that would affect so many engineers and their projects stretching back a couple of decades. Keeping the “classic” sound was the only way to do it. That said, I do wish they added something extra like a second algorithm we could choose from.
Not only reskinned. There's now a frequency analyzer in RenEQ and RenChannel. RenChannel is also completely reworked not only reskinned. Frequency analyzer is actually one thing I always have missed in those plugins. I think as far as RenMaxx bundle is concerned, it's a decent upgrade and worth the WUP price. These are still eminently usable plugins all around.

Of course, they could have added some sound quality changing improvements, especially for RenVerb, for example, and just have it switchable between original version and new one like they did with the Element synth.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”