'W' teaser - The most amazing product in Behringer’s 30 year history!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lfm wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:18 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:12 pm
one of my all time fave films :tu:
I have DVD collection of the film with a lot of extra material which was interesting.
I didn't know the film was banned for a long time in UK, as one thing.
Really good film with a lot of layers. :)
yeah, for years i only ever saw pirate copies, where more often than not it was mostly white noise with a hint of imagery.

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:20 pm
I have DVD collection of the film with a lot of extra material which was interesting.
yeah, for years i only ever saw pirate copies, where more often than not it was mostly white noise with a hint of imagery.
Mind control and (the illusion of) free will - very apt for our data driven times where we are manipulated to action or conformity in more ways than most people can even begin to comprehend.

This could still be our post Brexit dystopia!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:37 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:20 pm
Mind control and (the illusion of) free will - very apt for our data driven times where we are manipulated to action or conformity in more ways than most people can even begin to comprehend.

This could still be our post Brexit dystopia!
indeed, but well still have ludwig and a bit of the old in and out to keep us warm :)

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:39 pm indeed, but well still have ludwig and a bit of the old in and out to keep us warm :)
horrorshow, droog!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Was Wendy playing her Synewgy additive synths by then? Though she helped make Moog famous early on, I seem to associate her more with the Synewgy synths than any others.

Looked at her website awhile ago which had a lot about a huge homebrew multimanual controller setup driving some kurzweils as best I recall

Looking at Wendy's discography it says this about studio
"My original Moog synth beside the 3-M provided most of the instrumental lines, one note at a time. "

http://www.wendycarlos.com/+wcco.html#studio

excuse me please wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm Wicked!
JUNGLE IS MASSIVE
Murderous duck!

JUNGLIST MASSIVE, no?

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:38 am JUNGLIST MASSIVE, no?
Innit.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Looking at the picture from the video, its clearly a 'wedge' shape, the orangey angled parts looks like a stand and the device (side on view, so cant see how long) is at an angle so may not be a keyboard....

I think its time for another clue!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Clues: W + 30 years + german music masterpiece

My guess: Music Tribe acquires Waldorf and Behringer and Waldorf synth developing teams merge. Wolfgang Palm hired to develop a new hardware synth hybrid with wavetable + analog filters (Micro Wave III keyboard ?).

Waldorf is celebrating 30 years (just like Behringer). They are both german companies. Behringer has acquired other music manufacturers before. Wouldn’t be strange ...

R.
Last edited by execlass2 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I guess a classic PPG-style wavetable synth, probably in collaboration with Wolfgang Palm.

Behringer Wangdolf

SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:07 am Looking at the picture from the video, its clearly a 'wedge' shape, the orangey angled parts looks like a stand and the device (side on view, so cant see how long) is at an angle so may not be a keyboard....

I think its time for another clue!
The angled shape could be the side view of the control panel portion of a keyboard...

Bloody hell. You guys are really smart. So many seriously good ideas of what it could be. The more I think about it, either a workstation or a Waldorf-esque thing sounds more probable. Probably the Waldorf.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”